Search results

1. S

FS: Bosch Rotors and Pads for MKIV Rear

SOLD. Thanks for the interest
  2. S

FS: Bosch Rotors and Pads for MKIV Rear

Brand new set of Bosch Quiet Cast Rotors (53011381) and pads (BP340). Fit rear of VW Jetta/Golf 2000-2005. Retail price on these is approximately $80. $45 (which includes ups ground shipping) within the lower 48. If you happen to be local to Calvert County, MD I am happy to arrange a local...
  3. S

MK4 Filters - Cabin, Fuel, Oil

Bump and price drop 10/9/2016. Now $50 shipped.
  4. S

Absolutely! That's what mine was...a 2004 BEW TDI.
  5. S

MK4 New Rear Rotors and Pads

Brand new set of Bosch Quiet Cast Rotors (53011381) and pads (BP340). Fit rear of VW Jetta/Golf 2000-2005. $60 or best offer. WOuld prefer local sale, but will consider shipping. Check to see if they would fit your car here...
  6. IMG_20160911_172516

IMG_20160911_172516

7. IMG_20160911_172456

IMG_20160911_172456

8. filters

filters

filters
  9. S

Selling items I had stocked for routine maintenance on my 2004 Jetta TDI. I would really like to sell these as one bundle. 5 Mann Oil Filters 1 Mann Charcoal Cabin filter 1 Mann Fuel Filter 1 Hengst Fuel Filter ***New price 10/9 - $50 which includes shipping in the continental US. Please...
  10. S

"Restrictor" in Turbo to Intercooler Hose BEW

Just a follow up post for anyone that stumbles onto this thread. The Gates hose has failed (sidewall blew out). Hose has been on the car since November. I am running only a mild level 1 tune, and I drive very conservatively. May have just been a fluke.....but the hose did feel thinner than the...
  11. S

Replacing fuel lines (BEW)

Yep, sure is. Sorry for delay, work kept me busy.
  12. S

Replacing fuel lines (BEW)

Yep! I just replaced mine in my 2004 BEW this past weekend too. I just used generic diesel rated hose from idparts and routed it the way mjydrafter did. I combined it with a fuel filter change and was totally done in 25 minutes.
  13. S

Melted headlight bulb connector - Cause?

Eagle Eyes was just the aftermarket brand of the entire light housing. I had used philips standard wattage bulbs. I'm thinking that perhaps it was just a loose connection as jetlagmech suggested. Now that I look closer it does look loose in there for the two pieces that would pinch the prong on...
  14. S

Melted headlight bulb connector - Cause?

Replaced my badly faded original headlights with some "Eagle Eyes" brand replacements from Amazon about 4 months ago. Last night the passenger side started flickering then cut out. I assumed a bad bulb and went to replace it this morning and found the connector had melted. What would cause...
  15. IMG_2018

IMG_2018

16. S

Turbo-intercooler hose boost leak

just buy the Gates brand replacement hose. It is much more affordable. That's what I did. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HFL625E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
  17. S

Towing question - max trailer size

I pull a 5x8 flatbed trailer with my 2004 Jetta. I have hauled as much as 1200lbs for 150 miles or so, but that would be my personal max. Tongue weight and proper load distribution is key here and makes a huge difference. The other factor is of course weather conditions. The engine had no...
  18. S

replacement headlight lenses

I just bought entire replacement headlight assemblies on Amazon. Was about $75 for both. Not sure if the suppliers vary but mine were "eagle eyes" made in Taiwan. The ones I received even appeared to have had the VW emblem and part number ground off (indicating they may have also been...