Search results

1. T

Blue Golf on 270 South

That was me! I saw you coming up fast on my left and just knew you were a member since you also had a winter front. What have you done to that Golf!? You took off like a bat out of hell! I saw you later on Wisconsin Ave. I work just up the road from NIH.
  2. T

PD with low power & smoke

The lift pump is still working when I turn the key, but I haven't hooked it to power to see how long it runs. If you look at the pictures above, that nut was falling off before I even had my fingers in there. I haven't heard of that nut backing out on its own. Any recommendations for a...
  3. T

PD with low power & smoke

I... have a problem. At 230,800 miles (371,440km) my PD has suffered it's first major malfunction. The Failure: Friday, cruising home, about 2-2.5 miles from home, accelerating with a little gusto, when oof no power. I assumed it was a limp mode, as there was no runaway and no obvious smoke...
  4. Turbo Inlet

Turbo Inlet

Possible turbo failure. This nut came off the inlet side of the turbo
  5. Turbo Inlet

Turbo Inlet

Possible turbo failure.
  6. T

Flickering Headlights - help

I have had this problem a number of times. It was always the grounds under the battery. Remove battery, wirebrush the grounds, seal them with silicon rtv, reassemble and drive for a few more years.
  7. T

What parts for ultimate handling

Whaaaaa??? :-) VW knows something we don't? How come I don't have my A4 Quattro v6 tdi wagon yet?!? Do you know whether the Shine springs ride rougher than the Pro-kit springs? Thanks for your help!
  8. T

What parts for ultimate handling

I have the Koni Pro-Kit with FSDs and the Eibach springs. Based on what is being said here, it sounds like swapping the Eibachs out for Shine Racing Springs, removing the front swaybar and using the stock rear swaybar is better than adding Shine Springs+RSB and keeping the FSB. I would only...
  9. T

Spring Cleanup

I still have everything except the wiper switch. I hate for anything to go to waste! Make an offer if you think the price is too high!
  10. T

Spring Cleanup

Hi folks, I have a few things in my basement that are probably of more use to you than me. I prefer handing these to someone local (Silver Spring, MD) but I'll travel an hour to meet halfway, and I can ship the smaller items if you pay shipping. Mats, Black with oval holes, only a tiny...
  11. Airbag

Airbag

12. Heated Seat Bottom

Heated Seat Bottom

13. Heated Seat

Heated Seat

14. ForSale

ForSale

15. Mats and Switches

Mats and Switches

16. T

Oil in Brake Fluid

Thanks guys, i'll let him know about the India Pale Ale through the lines ;). Once he gets it done, i'll report back with some results. Man, glad this wasn't one of my cars!
  17. T

Oil in Brake Fluid

My neighbor came to me with this one. Someone who worked on his 98 Sunfire recently apparently topped the brake fluid off with some kind of oil. It has caused the rubber seals in the reservoir to swell and pop the cap off, and killed the front calipers and pads. As we understand, this is...
  18. T

Maryland-ers ?

I'm in Hanover and commute to Bethesda. If we can get critical mass, let's get together, for lunch or dinner at least. The last time I went to a meet up was a few years ago, and we went to Rams Head in Annapolis for lunch. A few years before that, we met at Arundel Mills Mall and went to...
  19. T

Cheaper replacement for city lights in OEM HIDs

I had the same problem with my OEM HIDs and the city lights. I replaced them with BAX9S LEDs from 42 Draft Designs when the first set burned out and haven't bought a set since. I purchased the white LEDs and the color is almost the same blue hue as the HID itself.