Search results

1. D

04 Jetta TDI GLS wagon TIP selling soon

Gold/black, one owner (smoker). My work vehicle - not perfect, but nice. Euro hids with cockpit adjust. Aspherical mirrors, mudflaps, winter mats since new, euro cluster with FIS, Blitz adaptor for XM, wired for V1, roof rack cross bars, Rocketchip stage 1 (probably the 5th or 6th BEW done by...
  2. D

BEW fuel filter change VS. ALH

I watched the video a long time ago - now that I have a PD and its time to do the filter, what is different? Tips/tricks?
  3. D

MFA Cluster repair, recoding

I have an MFA sport cluster in my 04 TDI wagon with an intermittent open in the instrument lights. Any recommendations to finding someone to TS/R? It also still reads in kmph (100kmph straight up) and was wondering who did recoding and what recommendations there were concerning guage faces. My...
  4. D

Taillight mods-wiring to tow behind RV

My 04 TDI wagon is going on a dolly for trips. I'm looking at modifying the rear fog position to add a dual element bulb for seperate light wiring. I don't want to add diodes to the existing lamps as the voltage drop across the diode will reduce lamp output. Has anyone done this before? Any...
  5. D

Waiting patiently - Rocketchip PD stage 1!

Shipped my ecu out this morning, as I'm flying to Dallas this week. I'll happily report butt dyno figures when I install it next Sunday evening (04 Jetta Wagon, tiptronic). Jeff's been a pleasure to deal with, explaining everything in detail.
  6. D

Euro cluster repairs?

It appears my euro MFA cluster has an intermittent open in the backlighting - has anyone fussed with these after a period of time the entire circuit goes out. Some gentle persuasion and it comes back - for a while...
  7. D

Difference in Gauge faces

Although both my USA and Euro sport cluster faces go to 260 km/hr, they are not the same across the range. My euro cluster has 100 km/hr straight up at 12:00. The same 12:00 position on my NA cluster corresponds to 130 km/hr. I don't believe this is changeable via Vagcom. I'm thinking my only...
  8. D

Gauge faces - km to mph

I'm getting ready to swap gauge faces from my NA to euro cluster. I noticed it looks like I'll have to exacto the center section. Any tips? Also - any source for quality aftermarket/original faces if I screw this up?
  9. D

FIS cluster adaption success!

With a Hex-USB cable and 409 software I adapted the cluster etc etc in under 30 minutes. All I have to do now is switch the guage faces. Only issue of note - the tach seems a little jerky - not smooth like my NA cluster. Anyone ever run into this?
  10. D

Adaption using 4 digit pin

Since I'm using an older ISO-Com cable with 311-2 Vagcom software, I'm having problems getting my 7 digit SKC to work for adapting my euro cluster. Can I use the 0+4 digit pin in channel 50, or do I have to do the 7 digit SKC? The SKC is good - I can log into my original cluster most of the...
  11. D

Locked cluster?

I tried to install my new cluster today. I may have slipped below 12.5V while doing it. I log in using the 4 digit plus 0 code given on the euro cluster, go to adaption, 50, enter the 7 digit SKC (etc) for my USA cluster. When I hit test it puts in 32000 then sez wait - and stays that way... The...
  12. D

Big scare doing cluster wiring, info

I was doing the green connector wiring today at the back of the cluster (04 Jetta wagon). Did the ots first - I had previously installed the new wiper switch and its wiring. After installing the 4 new wires (and they are 000 979 008s on an '04) I threw it all together to make sure it would work...
  13. D

Power seat install question

I was getting ready to install my power seats today when I noticed a problem. The manual seats have an aluminum block with bolts pressed in. This block then attaches to the front mount with 2 nuts. The power seats have a sheet metal plate with nuts spot welded to it. Bolts then attach it to...
  14. D

Memory mirror wiring/power seats

After I finish my cluster install, power seats and memory mirrors are next. I finally got a passenger seat delivered Friday. Seat questions: What all needs to be removed for properly running the wiring? Which way does the factory wiring run - along the sides of the tunnel? Mirrors - I've...
  15. D

MFA install - step one complete

I tackled step one this morning - figuring things out and installing the new wiper switch/133 wires this morning. My biggest problems were unfamiliarity and nervousness. Between the posts here and the Bentley I worked through it... I had a dickens of a time removing the lower column cover and...
  16. D

04 Jetta rust pocket

This may have been discussed before - but its worth bringing up. I was installing my factory mudflaps this weekend. The front install uses the factory fender liner screws. On removing them I found over a cup of leaves and dirt in a 'pocket' behind the fender liner in EACH wheel well. What a...
  17. D

Terminal connector removal tool

Can't find who makes them - searching Snapon and Mactools hasn't helped. Anyone have a part number?
  18. D

Power seat, memory function - k line needed?

I'm reviewing data to get ready to install mine (2002 seat into a 2004). I was lucky enough to not only get the seat, but the car side harness out about 2 feet. What's interesting is that only the can bus wires (plus the mirror wires) are inserted into the brown connector. There is no K line...
  19. D

Euroswitch/HIDs/DRLs

Maybe I missed something - but I thought with the Euroswitch DRLs were disabled. I finished my HID/leveling/euroswitch install this morning and they're on (HIDs) with the switch 'off'. 1st 'on' position is city lights, Second is 'on'. Is there a problem with hids and the reduced voltage? Can't...
  20. D

Running wiring - interior to engine bay

I have to run the headlight leveling control wire and the OTS wire. Any tips for the most professional install? It looks like I may need to remove the wipers and plastic cover on the engine side. From the interior side I expect I just keep removing trim pieces until I see a good route...