Search results

1. A

Q5 no start - no pressue from the HPFP after checking fuel metering valve

In trying to solve my p0087 issue, I decided to pull the fuel metering valve to check for metal shavings. Thankfully there wasn't but now the car won't start. I didn't tinker with HPFP only the fuel lines that connect to the fuel rails to move them around while getting the intake manifold off...
  2. A

HPFP Codes P0087 and P053F

I am hoping someone can give me some guidance on this low fuel pressure code. History I started getting this code back in May 2021 (roughly 120k miles on the car). We purchased the car with around 106k miles on it. Usually happens at start up and lately the stumbling at idle will be bad enough...
  3. A

Question about leaking injectors on the return line

Can an injector have a bad leak on the return line but have no other issues? I have been researching a low pressure issue (p0087 and P053F) that happens at start up. I am not getting any codes associated with any cylinder faults and the injector quantity on all of them are fine. If so, can I...
  4. A

part number for pig tail for coolant temp sender connect

Anyone know the Audi part number for the wire pig tail that works with the coolant temp sensor connector 4F0973702? I have been having some issues related to the cooling system and it suggested I might have an electrical issue. In looking over the wiring harness I found a few spots like this...
  5. A

Any have a VAS6684 Return Flow Meter I can rent?

I have been trying to track down a low fuel pressure issue on a my 2014 Q5. Having already replaced the FPR and FPS, I am wondering if I have a bad injector and would like to test the injectors. However, $600 for the tool is a bit steep so I thought I would see if anyone has one and would be...
  6. A

p0087 and Injection quantity deviation

For the last couple of years, I have this p0087 code pop up from time to time. Car will run perfect and then this will pop up and then go away. Yesterday, the car would die while idling but be fine once you got it going like on the freeway with no issues. So I wondering from some reading if I...
  7. A

Timing belt tensioner question

Hello...I am helping a friend with his JSW CJAA doing the timing belt. After setting the tension on TB tensioner and then rotating the engine two times around, we notice that the pointer is a little left of the notch when back at DTC. Is this an issue? Engine is cold as it had been sitting...
  8. A

2014 Q5 TDI - N214 coolant circulation valve ??

I had this code pop up. I cleared it and it has come back. I can't find much online about it and nothing is coming up in Audi's repair manual. I am not sure if this is the thermostat it is referring to. Thoughts? TIA 10382 - Coolant Circulation Valve (N214) P1257 00 [096] - Open...
  9. A

Car died while driving - no start - P3008

I was driving home last night and out of the blue the car just died. I put it in to neutral to coast and then back in gear to jump it. Once I hit the accelator pedal it just died. My first reaction was the fuel pump died, but I jumped the pump and no issue there. VCDS is showing: 19464 -...
  10. A

Which 3l v6 TDI for a C5 allroad swap?

I have a 01 C5 BHW swapped allroad that I am contemplating replacing with 3L TDI V6. I wanted to see which year of the 3L would be the best candidate for the swap. Thoughts? TIA
  11. A

BHW allroad swap - Help understanding turbo

Hello...I am looking for some help/guidance on whether or not I have an issue with my turbo/wastegate. No CEL. Below is graph of the turbo doing a 3rd gear and 4th gear pull. The fuel economy seems to be down a little bit and the power as well. One other thing and it is only happened a...
  12. A

allroad BHW swap - ECU soft coding issue

I trying to sort out an issue with my swap and I think it may have to do with the soft coding on the ECU. Since I did the swap, I have had the trifecta of lights (self-leveling suspension, ABS and ESP). In the ABS module, I am getting this code: 18263 - Powertrain Data Bus P1855 -...
  13. A

Fuel Pressure Issue - P0087 and P053F return after changing fuel filter

Hello...I am trying to determine if I have lift pump or HPFP issue. Background A year ago I got a blinking glow plug light with codes P0087 and P053F. I changed the fuel filter and the no issues. About ten days ago, the problem returned with the same codes. It has been 20k miles since I...
  14. A

Any had the fuel pump in the tank die?

About a year ago the car started and then about 5 seconds into it the car hiccuped. The glow plug began flashing and VCDS gave two codes, one for low fuel pressure and one for low pressure while cold. I couldn't see in any the maintenance records (we're the second owner) from Audi that the fuel...
  15. A

Used EGR unit - does it have any residual value or resuable parts?

I need to replace my oil cooler and so I went ahead replace the EGR unit as well. Is there any demand for a used EGR unit or parts from it like the temp probe or valve? TIA
  16. A

question about the pipe from turbo to EGR

I am replacing my EGR and oil cooler. I came across this in the repair manual related to the pipe coming from the turbo to the EGR the pipe looks fine so it seems a bit unnecessary to replace it unless there's more to it than I understand. anyone have experience with this? Part can be seen here
  17. A

Oil cooler - Nissens or OEM??

I am going to be replacing the oil cooler. FCP Euro has a Nissens for $100 and the dealership is like $500. Anyone having experience with the Nissens or is best to pay the extra and get the Audi/VW brand? TIA
  18. A

2014 Q5 Coolant leak - it is back

Last year the car went back to the dealership a couple of times before the fixed the coolant leak. The leak was down the valley by the EGR. However, it is leaking coolant again. I will have the car in service position to replace the water pump as part of preventive maintenance as I am doing...
  19. A

2014 Q5 TDI (CPNB) Thermostat Question

During some research to replace the water pump, I was curious about the coolant thermostat. Am I understanding it correctly that you cannot just replace the thermostat but instead you have replace the whole oil filter housing? TIA
  20. A

allroad BHW turbo uprade exhaust feedback

I am looking at upgrading the turbo to the BV43A. The flex section on the catalytic converter needs some attention as the play in it causing a rattling noise. When I did the swap a local muffler shop helped me with getting the exhaust attached to the allroad existing exhaust. I am wondering...