Search results

1. N

I cannot believe how simple things become impossible for VW to settle claims

Absolutely true. The VW fanboys are still out there and constantly trying to deflect blame for their corporate masters continual screw ups. Nothing can ever be VW's fault so it must be yours, or mine, or the EPA's, etc., etc., etc. The human psyche never ceases to amaze (and amuse) me.
  2. N

RIP: [warning: crushed car pics]

Hear! Hear! The crusher is where most of these cars belong. I would be amazed if even 10% of the buybacks are ever fixed and resold.
  3. N

Sold TDI Prior to Scandal - Get Nothing

Bosch CAS info Just checked the court docs for the Bosch CAS and looks like we are screwed out of that as well. Unfair!
  4. N

Buyback Rejected

Ha! More than I was able to get for it almost 3 years ago. Good for you. I hope it didn't cause you too many headaches.
  5. N

EPA you win.

No they don't. Um...yeah, that's how it works.
  6. N

EPA you win.

I remember when NYC looked like that. Doesn't look like that anymore. Looks like a win for NYC and the EPA to me.
  7. N

Buyback Rejected

Hey newyorktdi, just curious but what is VW giving you for my old ride.
  8. N

Volkswagen agrees to deal with unions to cut 30,000 jobs

Here we go again. The EPA is absolutely allowed to make rules and enforce them. They may not be rules you necessarily agree with, but that has no bearing on their authority.
  9. N

Anybody thinking of getting a new VW?

There was a little girl, Who had a little curl, Right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, She was very good indeed, But when she was bad she was horrid. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow He could...
  10. N

First Report of Independent Claims Supervisor

The words you highlighted only strengthen my point, that is that VW has been engaged in sleazy, unethical behavior for years. It finally caught up to them.
  11. N

First Report of Independent Claims Supervisor

Something I wrote over 3 1/2 years ago while ranting about VW quality, well before Dieselgate was known:
  12. N

No more Diesel for US from VW

You mean what VW did to themselves.
  13. N

Why am I not eligible for compensation? F@#k VW!

There seems to be a lot of that going around. After all VW clearly felt entitled to break our laws. Many here feel entitled to ignore them as well, ahem DPF deleters, coal rollers, etc.
  14. N

Thank you EPA & Cal EPA…

Hear! Hear! I too remember the 1970's air quality. We are in a far far better situation now. I work on ships. In the 80's, early 90's you would be able to see the air of our port cities dozens, maybe hundreds, of miles before you made actual landfall. Gradually that has cleared up. Compare that...
  15. N

VW has to be the dumbest company ever.....

It wasn't the car I wanted to buy. I wanted to buy a car that conformed to environmental regulations. That's what I thought I was doing. It was VW's deception which resulted in this car purchase. And yet we STILL have people applauding, even celebrating this deception, and blaming the EPA for...
  16. N

VW Won't Attempt to Regain Diesel Leadership in US; Many TDI Models May Never Return

Two-stroke scooters are becoming less and less common in Europe. That is not to say that the four-strokes are inherently clean, just cleanER.
  17. N

Ignorance of a fact does not negate the existence of a fact. I'm sure you've heard the term "Ignorance is no defense" applied to criminal law. The corollary here is that one does not need to know one was victimized at the moment of victimization to in fact be a victim.
  18. N

Some people here have a misunderstanding of the definition of fraud. They also have a misunderstanding of what was actually agreed to in the class action. The compensation in the class action WAS NOT to make you whole, i.e. to return your vehicle to the value it possessed the day prior to...
  19. N

VW's Consumer Reports reliability ratings dropping...

Accurate if my Golf was any indication.
  20. N

Sold TDI Prior to Scandal - Get Nothing

The official court response to the objection of the definition of class which I quoted is the "news". I fail to see why that angers you but so be it.