Search results

1. Gluhkerze

Make offer on UNICORN GOLF 2002 5 SPEED 2 DOOR

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=502832 SOLD!
  2. Gluhkerze

IMMO 3 Delete in Vegas?

Anyone in vegas that can do an IMMO 3 delete? 2002 golf TDI 038 906 012 FD ECU Thanks!
  3. Gluhkerze

Vegas smog told they can't do vw's anymore?

Hey guys, I have not been on here in awhile, been busy taking care of my father, omg... Anyways... I went to get a dyno smog yesterday, and the guy said that the DMV told them not to do VW's anymore, and to send them to the emissions lab at DMV to get a waiver. I know the newer dubs could not...
  4. Gluhkerze

Turn car off at drive thru, to order?

Quick survey: When you VE ( 1998-2003 ) guys pull in to a drive thru, do you cut the engine prior to ordering? I know my VE is much louder than the newer PD's I cut my engine... Do you? I have drove diesel trucks that I would shut down prior to ordering, my 2002 Golf TDi is not AS loud...
  5. Gluhkerze

New VW fuel filter made in China?

I just picked up a new fuel filter for my '02 at the VW dealership. I noticed when I got home it was made in China. I am sure it's made to VW/Audi standards...
  6. Gluhkerze

Alarm went off in garage for no reason*

My alarm started honking in the garage for no reason. * Ok, this was 5 months ago, I wanted to wait and see if it continued to be a problem. It has NOT happened again. I heard other chirps of alarms being turned off outside and people talking. I opened the garage door, and there was an open...
  7. Gluhkerze

what is the ALH of full sized diesel trucks?

MOVED I cant put a dollar price on it. I guess I mean like an ALH, best BANG for your buck. I would spend whatever was necessary for an ALH type 4x4 diesel truck. (the older the better BTW) I am a big fan of manuals, but I know full size trucks are hard to find in this config. But if they...
  8. Gluhkerze

Bad idler / serp tensioner?

I just put a Gates green serp belt on, and just after 3000 miles the outside (flat side) is showing even wear. Doubt I will be able to read the print for much longer. Much of the green is gone too. Is that normal? (Belt came with DG deluxe TB kit) Car does make a weird sound at start-up (but...
  9. Gluhkerze

Heated non-power mirrors?

I popped out my side mirrors to install split aspherical mirrors and was surprised to see wires attached to the mirrors. My car has crank windows, and MANUAL mirrors. Am I to assume that these heat with the rear defog switch maybe? OR they are just wires ran in all trims and have no function in...
  10. Gluhkerze

VanGogh, Easy install?

I need to get one of these on my ALH. The back ear is gone. Anyone install one recently? Looks pretty straight forward. I have not inspected from under the car yet, but I think I need to be under car to install this?. What all needs to be removed, reinstalled to put this slick VanGogh kit on...
  11. Gluhkerze

Saw Golf towing another hatchback car

Last Thursday I saw a Golf (must assume it was TDI?) towing another hatchback with a tow bar. This was US 95 South bound just out side of Searchlight, NV. Pretty cool. Could have been puling another Golf. By the time I realized what I was looking at it was gone, as I was going the other way.
  12. Gluhkerze

cheap generic air filter from dealer?

I bought a new air filter from the VW dealer. Its plain white media with black rubber frame. The old filter was yellow with orange rubber frame. One side of the filter was Printed with Audi with logo and part number and date. This new plain white filter has nothing printed on it at all! Is...
  13. Gluhkerze

chiming noise while spooling?

"ding" noise at start of spool, and then somewhat like ding,ding,ding,ding while continuing to spool.? this noise is like a door bell, but really far away, not very loud, not even sure where its coming from? sounds like an American car door open chime almost. I searched and found nothing like...
  14. Gluhkerze

vnc remote iphone ap test

typing this with iphone connectrd to my mac. remote viewer ap. pretty cool just for keyboard alone. i use touchpad to scroll but iphone to type. like it! best one handed txt style keyboard period! great for quick emails/ and search input. thanks for test area!
  15. Gluhkerze

new key cut and immb3 in Las Vegas

My car only came with one Key/fob. I found a company in vegas that was able to cut new key blade, program remote lock & unlock, & immobilizer gen 3 for my mk4 golf! I did not have my 4 digit pin, they could pull it! In and out 10 minutes. Very fair price!! They even cut an extra blade I had...
  16. Gluhkerze

NB TDI or not TDI

Is there anyway to tell that a new beetle is a TDI? I mean this from visual clues only. If a TDI beetle was parked next to a gasser can you tell? If I saw a TDIclub.com license plate frame... Any other ways to tell?
  17. Gluhkerze

Spotted in Vegas

nevermind
  18. Gluhkerze

Short Shift

I just drove my Tacoma 4X4 for the first time since I bought my TDI. WOW it has a short shift!! This TDI has a VERY l-o-n-g shift for such a small car. Think ill have to get the short shift kit for the TDI. The tacoma has NO brakes compared to the TDI tho. Poor truck, I never drive it anymore...
  19. Gluhkerze

Replace turbo BEFORE it blows?

I have read all the horrible things that can happen when the turbo goes out. Is it wise to just replace it before it goes? Any early warning signs to watch / listen for? I have seen blown turbos at various mileage. Am I just paranoid? Replace with stock, or something else? Thanks.