Search results

1. R

Died- no start

Update: Checked lift pump and seemed weak, but when hotwired with a 12v power supply pumped steady output. Changed Cat 1R-0750 filter, could not get much from output prior to changing although filter only has about 5K on it. Checked Timing belt and no obvious flaws, wear or indication that...
  2. R

Died- no start

thanks, will put it on my list if fuel supply checks out ok
  3. R

Died- no start

will check fuel supply at filter and lift pump, thanks.
  4. R

Died- no start

04 Golf TDI, I have owned this since new, now has 160K. Yesterday morning drove to Aldi, bought groceries, started car and drove about 100 ft. when it died and would not restart. No trouble lights, fuel tank 7/8 full, good battery. Car has CAT fuel filter since new,timing belt and turbo...
  5. R

MkIV died and will not start

Only codes were for LF Speaker wires. I have done a visual check on the sensor wiring that I can get to and have got nothing unusual. It has started flawlessly since I messed with the anti-shudder and egr valves. I have to think the valve may have been stuck. If it happens again I will pull...
  6. R

continuing saga after removing, cleaning, and replacing the egr and the anti-shudder valve I decided to give it a try with those unplugged. No change, no start. Knowing that the timing belt had been replaced about 35k miles ago i was not concerned about it as a possibility but I figured i was...
  7. R

the anti shudder valve is not stuck, but the solenoid whines when the key is in the on position. seeing as how there is a 4 wire connector to that does the ecu rely on a signal from it? will it run with it unplugged?
  8. R

will not start is it will not fire. it cranks fine but does not fire. When the key is first turned to the on position i can hear several clicks from the fuel pump clicks from the fuel pump and the glow plug light comes on for one or two seconds as usual in this warm weather. I have checked the...
  9. R

I was turning my 04 golf around in the driveway to work on a tire that was going flat and it died and will not restart. All electrical functions work, i can hear the fuel pump run when i turn the key on, and the pre-heater light comes on for a second. I have checked the fuses that I am aware...
  10. R

FS Zerostart Heater New $1.00 You pay postage

SOLD Pending I have a new old stock Zerostart tank type block heater that got moved with us from New England to North Carolina where I really have no use for it. If you want it, let me know and be willing to pay postage, UPS or whatever shipping method you prefer. This is still in the...
  11. R

04 golf died while driving

Thanks, will do. Haven't seen any signs of rodents, but its pretty wet here in eastern NC and that may be an issue.
  12. R

Update: Now running. Today...Checked timing belt by opening top cover and peering with inspection mirror and usb scope, looked fine. Looking for further potential causes checked tach function while cranking. Zero movement. Checked wiring to CPS, seemed ok, retried cranking and it started...
  13. R

Will do that next. It seemed much more likely tthat iit was electronic given the preceeding hookup to a NC State inspection device, but will check belt today now that it has stopped raining. Nothing is off the table until it is ruled out.
  14. R

Checked the lift pump, fuel filter, ASV, voltage to all the appropriate fuses on the fuse panel. All ok and still no start. have to brush up on checking the immo settings for keys etc. Something is keeping this from starting will just have to keep looking.
  15. R

Thanks for the responses, Timing belt was replaced at 120k at Kraftwerke in Boston. Can I check the lift pump at the fuel filter? This has a CAT filter. Engine cranks normally but doesnt even try to run. When it stops raining here I will check the lift pump and go from there. will also...
  16. R

04 golf died while driving, no start Have had my 04 golf pd since new. Took it saturday for NC inspection and they scanned it and passed with no problems. On the way home engine died as I was approching a stoplight and refused to start. No check engine light, vag com shows sporadic turn...
  17. R

Intake Air Temp Sensor on BEW TDI

Thanks for the reply. I guess it is replacement time. rfriend
  18. R

Intake Air Temp Sensor on BEW TDI

I have an 04 golf which has begun to skip/hesitate under load at 3300 PRM or so. It shows a fault code 16469 Intake Air Temp Sensor (G42) Signal too low. Is this sensor part of the MAF or is it located elsewhere on the intake? PD (BEW) motor Thanks
  19. R

NEW 28F6/T9 Glow plug recall for 04-05 TDI

Glow Plug Trouble In November I received a letter from VOA about the Warranty Extension for vehicles repaired under service action 28E6/R8. With our cold temps in December and hard starts I took my 04 Golf in to the local dealer for hard starts. After some difficulty finding the information...
  20. R

MKIV Golf Headlights (pair)

David got them. pic link is http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/richfriend/headlights/ richard