Search results

1. P

Used 5sp 02J Transmission for sale

No rebuilders out there?
  2. P

Used 5sp 02J Transmission for sale

I have an 02J transmission for sale with 300k miles on it coming off a 2002 Jetta TDI. Asking $400 OBO. The catch: 5th gear and shaft have to be replaced as the teeth on the shaft are ground down. The 5th gear snapped going up a steep hill pulling a trailer... Location Goffstown NH.
  3. P

2002 Jetta GLS TDI for sale

The car is tentatively sold, just awaiting payment. Thanks all for your interest.
  4. P

Simple straightforward answer needed for stock stereo swap

No need to change the radio to add auxiliary input.. if you don't use the sat radio. cut the output wires from the back of the sat unit in the trunk and splice in a cable that you run to your center console. Just Youtube MK5 aux input..;)
  5. 2002 GLS Navy Blue Black Cloth Interior

2002 GLS Navy Blue Black Cloth Interior

6. 2002 GLS Navy Blue Black Cloth Interior

7. 2002 GLS Navy Blue Black Cloth Interior

8. 2002 GLS Navy Blue Black Cloth Interior

9. P

Thanks. Breaks my heart to let her go.
  10. P

-2002 TDI GLS Jetta Sedan Navy Blue -Power windows, locks, mirrors and moonroof -388,000 miles -Maintained by the book by myself -100k miles timing belt done at 320k w/new water pump -505.00 oil used -New alternator, suspension upgraded to Bilstein HD at 300k -Monsoon Radio -Heated seats...
  11. P

Trunk switch and remote button?

Did you find the source of the problem? Mine has similar symptoms, light in dash on, switch and key fob button do not work. All wiring looks new.
  12. P

Engine support mount thread stripped when doing TB

Reviving an old thread... well at 350k miles, I figured it was time to change the engine mounts. The M12 bolts (18mm) on the TB side mount didn't like to be removed for the 4th time and both stripped out. I drilled and tapped the holes to use M14 bolts. 5k miles later, still holding torqued...
  13. P

5th Gear Selector Hub Questions

I took mine apart the other day to fix a spun 5th gear. I noticed that it is very easy to put the keys back in with the rear tab (hook) in FRONT of the rear spring. I'm guessing that's what happened here. The key would have slid right of upon selection of 5th gear. The resulting imbalance...
  14. P

Two "chirping" noises - help diagnose

Chirping #1: sounds like blower motor bearings are getting rusty. You could take it out and spray some Boeshield to see if it would quiet it down. Chirping #2: You need to give a better description of where it's coming from. Listen closely with the hood open while looking at the engine...
  15. P

200,000 mile club... roll call!

2002 Jetta 297000 miles. Changed: all suspension bushings shocks twice brakes twice 1 MAF 1 alternator clutch AC compressor N75 turbo vane actuator parking brake cables 5th gear spun at 296k. Trying Loctite 648 (last night). All scheduled maintenance performed by yours truly. Simply an...
  16. P

Battery issues?

If the clock resets, your battery voltage is too low. Check with a voltmeter that the alternator does charge over 12v and that you don't have a short somewhere.
  17. P

Several Issues: AC, Brakes, and Giddy Up...

Try this link http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=179589 for the limp mode (lack of power). It helped me solve my issues. You can buy a Vag Com cable off ebay for cheap and the software from Ross-Tech. I would recommend you take a look at this thread for How To's on just about...
  18. P

Headlamp Woes

sounds like aftermarket units. Take the back cover off and see if you can access the bulbs. Odds are you can as no manufacturer in their right mind would make headlamps with unreplaceable bulbs (unless they're LED's ?).
  19. P

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

Yup. Have one. It failed and cause my N75 and vane actuator to fail. See my post.. Still wouldn't go without one. Just clean out the hose from the intake to the boostvalve and the valve itself at every timing belt change and you will be fine.
  20. P

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

Yup. Have one. It failed and cause my N75 and vane actuator to fail. See my post.. Still wouldn't go without one. Just clean out the hose from the intake to the boostvalve and the valve itself at every timing belt change and you will be fine.