Search results

1. B

Thinking of buying a Touareg

I am Thinking of buying a Touareg. I have had a 2000 Jetta TDI that was getting 47-51 mpg. I am currently running a Hyundai Sante Fe that runs well but gets 23 mpg on the highway (tops). Would a 6 cylinder Touareg be substantially better than the 23 I am getting now? Also what years should I be...
  2. B

FS 2000 Jetta TDI

I have a 2000 Silver Jetta TDI that I am selling. I am located in Manchester, New Hampshire. I have maintained the car to last a long time. I am the second owner and I have changed the oil with Mobil Delvac synthetic every 10,000 miles. The car was used as my primary commuter car to work every...
  3. B

Diameter of Vaccuum hose line

I am trying to determine the diameter of the vaccuum hose lines on a 2000 Jetta TDI. Can't seem to find it referenced in the bently manual. Does anyone the the hose sizes?
  4. B

New some N75 help

Limp mode Let me know how you guys make out. I am having the same problem. Car accelerates then goes into limp mod enad I have to shut car off and turn it back on again. Does not appear to be N75 as I replaced that and same conditions.
  5. B

AC Issues

I have the same issue: 2000 Jetta and both fans work, AC indicator light comes on but NO compressor engagment. Are there any specific fuses I should check or anything else to determine what is wrong?
  6. B

Front end

I have a 2000 Jetta and the passenger tire is wearing badly on the outside along with some "clunking" noise when goin gover frost heaves. Does this sound like bad bushings and or ball joints or other components? The car has 197,000 miles on it now. How much of it can be done on jackstands!
  7. B

parking brake cable

What was the procedure to change the cable? I heard it was a bear to do?
  8. B

looking for front bumper parts

I had a truck lose a 4 X 8 sheet of 3/4 plywood and it slammed into my 2000 Silver jetta. I am looking for two lower valences, center and driver's side and the front grille and lower part of the bumper of anyone has or knows of a parts source. Bill
  9. B

Need source for body parts

Dear Group, A lumber truck travelling at 70 MPH lost a 3/4" 4 X 8 sheet of plywood that slammed into the front of my "beloved 2000 Jetta". It wiped out my headlights and grill and bumper assembly. The insurance money, less my deductable is not enough fo rme to have it done by a shop. The...
  10. B

5 speed Shifting Problems

When was the last time you changed the tranny fluid? I had the same problem and put in new tranny oil and the shifting was better right off.
  11. B

manual trans gear lubricant

What is the process for doing a fluid change? I have 170,000 on mine.
  12. B

fog lights

Euro Switch I would like to see if anyone had the wiring pin outs to the Euro switch as well!
  13. B

DRL w/fog switch?

Does anyone have the pin outs for installing fog lamps? I want to use my Euro switch rather than the supplied switch.
  14. B

Flashing Glow plug light and NO brake lights

Thanks guys, Is there documentation on how to replace the switch? I am going to try and hit the VW delaership today and get it under the recall.
  15. B

Flashing Glow plug light and NO brake lights

I replaced the air bag module with a salvage yard one (same exact part #). The air bag light went off but NOW the glow plug light is flashing and the the brake lights do not work. I am wondering if that was a coincidence? Are the brake light switches still under a recall? Do I need to hook...
  16. B

2002 Jetta TDI Parts Car

Parts Do you have an air bag module available
  17. B

2002 Jetta TDI Parts Car

Parts Is it crashed? I am looking for an air bag control module
  18. B

Air Bag Module part #

No Ididn't rescan them. I had the warm and fuzzy feeling after that orange orb went out finally!
  19. B

High Mileage

177,000 on my 2000 Jetta
  20. B

Air Bag Module part #

Ok Folks I got my air bag module back from www.airbagsystems.com and total price was $108.00 including shipping. I put the module in and followed their instructions and after 7 seconds the CEL went off for good. They sent me an e-mail with a tracking # as well. I would reccomend them to anyone...