Search results

1. C

Block heater for MkVII?

I was just curious- I read somewhere that Canadian MkVII Golfs come with a block heater.... does anybody know if we can source that part in the States? I'd like to plug mine in as I do not have a garage and have been experiencing some hard starts lately (may take it to dealer if it happens...
  2. C

Massachusetts- flynn's truck plaza

Anybody in MA buy diesel from Flynns? It's right down the road from me, and it's a truck stop with high turnover. I've just been afraid as I've heard from people in town that they water down their gasoline. They're consistently lower in price as they are a wholesaler as well, so I thought I'd...
  3. C

Just had 10k oil change, now a question.

Hey there, I just had my 10k oil change on the golf. Castrol turbo diesel oil was used (I have a great service dept at the dealer), but I have a question. The tech put the sticker on my windshield stating to change the ol at 15k, was it tech error, or should I adhere to 5k ntervals from now n...
  4. C

B100 as an additive in petrodiesel

I found a place that offers B100 in 5 gallon jugs in western ma. I've seen some forums discussing it, and I'm wondering if it is okay to use say 1/2-1gal in a tank of regular diesel as an additive. Thanks! And if I missed a thread n the search, sorry!
  5. C

Bostonians- Burke B5?

(figured I'd post this in the right forum) How is the b5 at Dennis K Burke in Chelsea? Is it worth a fill up if I'm in the area? I'd like to run b5 but being in Shrewsbury, there's really nothing local. How is the mileage? Thanks!
  6. C

Bostonians- Burke B5?

How is the b5 at Dennis K Burke in Chelsea? Is it worth a fill up if I'm in the area? I'd like to run b5 but being in Shrewsbury, there's really nothing local. How is the mileage? Thanks!
  7. C

Looking for a source... GTI rear exhaust

I'm looking to do the GTI style dual exhaust and was wondering if anybody has a source for oem unit at a good price. I'm basically doing it for looks only so a rear muffler with dual outlets would suffice. Thanks!
  8. C

Cooling down the turbo... Necessary?

So I had a discussion with one of the mechanics at work, who said I should be letting my car idle for 1-2 minutes after driving to let the turbo cool down and despool. I do it on my work vehicle (2011 Trackless MT6 tractor w/ cummins turbodiesel) and am wondering if it's really necessary on the TDI.
  9. C

S5 Style Projector headlights

Anybody have experience with these: http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/catalog/product_detail.php?default_product=2703 They aren't HID, but look pretty cool and are allegedly brighter than stock halogens. Just wounding if they're total crap? Thanks!
  10. C

New to the Forum!

Hey guys (and gals), I've been lurking on here since last April when I purchased my 2011 Golf TDI 4dr with DSG, and decided to join up! I absolutely love the car and what an upgrade from my '07 Jetta 2.5 (although I did really enjoy that car also!) So far I haven't done any mods, I'm somewhat...