Search results

1. reissue

My BEW-tiful Build

I just wanted to plop this here as kind of a place keeper, or point of discussion, for now. My car is a 2004 BEW TDI Golf 5 speed with 201k miles on the clock. I have covered many other areas with the car and I am slowly approaching the point to start modifying for power. What's my goal you may...
  2. reissue

I don't know anything about A3s but I'm about to look at one

So long story short this pretty beat looking a3 TDI jetta popped up on my local Craigslist and the owner is asking $1,500. Engine has about 200k on it and it's a 5spd. Apparently has a fresh timing belt and coolant as well which I will ask for documentation of. The body is pretty beat but it's...
  3. reissue

Mystery coolant leak

Yeah... It's a VW thing. I've been doing a bit of reading on the issue to try to pinpoint this but I need a little more guidance. I believe this is going to be coming from the rear passenger side of the engine as a small bit seemed to pour out from there last time I jacked the car up. Took the...
  4. reissue

WTB MK4 Jetta Votex Bumper

Located in Jacksonville, NC but I will be driving to Hanover, PA so anyone in between would be perfect.
  5. reissue

Strange cruise control issue

So while driving on the highway with my cruise control set to 80 mph i've noticed that my cruise control deactivate as my car decelerate approximately 4 to 6 mph before re-engaging back to the set speed. He continues to do this roughly every five minutes. I don't think it would be a bad brake...
  6. reissue

Where do I start?

So here's where I stand. I am roughly sitting at $1,000 a month in "fun" money for my golf. It's a 2004 PD 5spd. First and foremost it needs a tb job that I have irresponsibly let slide for too long. This will be getting done soon and first. My overall goal so far is a vnt 17/22 turbo, colt cam...
  7. reissue

WTB mk4 golf exhaust

Just looking to see what's out there. Looking for at least a catback with no muffler. At least 2.25 but no bigger than 2.5. Would perfer dual tips. Located near Camp Lejeune, NC (28540). Might even be interested in a stock TDI exhaust to hack up (I just want to keep my original exhaust in tact)
  8. reissue

Is this normal? (EGR advise request)

This ones for you EGR guru's out there. Car is an 04 PD TDI Golf. So while doing my last oil change I did a visual inspection of my engine bay. that is when I noticed the following: It appears as though something has been leaking from the EGR. I inspected the U shaped clip and hose and...
  9. reissue

Alternator pulley from hell

Alright so I am pretty much at the end of my fuse with replacing my alternator pulley. I am following every direction to a T and I can not get the old pulley off. I have been using the metalnerd tool specifically to do this and I have been drowning the thing in liquid wrench but nothing is doing...
  10. reissue

Looking for help in regards to serpentine belt issues (tensioner/alt pulley or both?)

Well here we go. To save you some time I am going to start off with these two videos that address the problem first hand so I don't waste any of your time. Video with Serpentine belt off and spinning alt pulley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gViH4ptl-E Video of Tensioner vibration while...
  11. reissue

How are my engine mounts (video)

Went to jump a buddy's car today and he told me my engine mounts appeared to have been bad when a started my engine because it seemed to shake excessively. I figured I would take his word and start looking into other mounts but I started to get curious for myself because nothing seemed out of...
  12. reissue

WTB MK4 TDI 5spd (NC,VA,MD,SC)

A buddy of mine was recently T-boned in his brand new 2012 Mustang 5.0 by a lady who blew a red light. Needless to say the Mustang was totaled. After showing interest in my TDI he is now in the market for a TDI as a daily. He is looking for a Jetta or Golf and it must be a 5spd. Located in Camp...
  13. reissue

Seeking advice for my extended mileage maintenance schedule

I am aware of the bentley maintenance schedule that can be found online for my 2004 Golf TDI but it only covers up to 105K miles. Well My TDI is creeping up on 145k miles and I am trying to put together my own interval maintenance schedule for my own records (and possible to assist others). I...
  14. reissue

Steering wheel swap dilemma: airbag does seat properly, airbag light on

I just finally got around to taking off my 4 spoke steering wheel and decided to put on a 3 spoke wheel that I bought 6 months ago. The airbag does no seem to want to seat properly in the new steering wheel. I took it off and tried again, making sure all of the wires weren't in the way, and...
  15. reissue

WTB: 15" 5x100 Jaramas

Just bought a 2004 TDI and I think these wheels would be the perfect touch. I am located in NC and I travel between NC and MD occasionally.
  16. reissue

WTB 1999 - 2004 TDI Golf (Eastern NC)

Must be manual. Preferably 2dr but I will take a 4dr Been looking hard for awhile now like I am sure a lot of you did.