Search results

1. E

recommended trailer wiring harness 7 pin

I spoke with my trailer wiring guy at uhaul (28 year employee) he said they don't do VW cars wiring harnesses anymore..."all that is out there are universals, for VW, nothing specific for that vehicle?" (PASSAT) That being said..Can anyone recommend a 7 pin trailer, wiring harness? I like...
  2. E

EGR "HOSE" leak at EGR Dealers says it's NOT covered?

dealer calls back and tells me my fluid loss. is coming from the EGR-hose underneath it...First he said the EGR is NOT covered under the diesel gate warranty..Then calls back and says you're right...the EGR is covered...but this is a hose...NOT covered?? so..I call audi and their like this is...
  3. E

2013 q7 tdi anyone with aftermarket "lock in hubs"

I know it sounds outdated...But I don't need awd all the time..has anyone ever installed lock in hubs on the front on their q7?
  4. E

Fuel Filter alternative/options

I realize this is not audi OEM... I was curious if anyone has any input or...have used this filter brand? KAYSER for a 2013 q7 TDI 3.0...
  5. E

Triax ester full synthetic oil-2013 q7 tdi

I was on amazon looking at oils and this has a 507 00 (unless amazon made it vague) endorsement, has anyone used it? it's cheaper about $6.66 a quart (by the case) Triax (via amazon) wrote back and said it was 507 00...
  6. E

06 brm TDI cooling fans (both) not working

I replaced the main cooling fan (radiator) for the second time. Still.. they are not working at all. When it gets hot, and When AC is turned on I assume the fuse the 50 amp outside the engine fusebox? Who sells these (not advanced or autozone) is there anything else that may control this? I...
  7. E

06 mk5 seat swap plug issue

I got a nice front seat from the boneyard. My issue is it first fine...all plugs fit EXCEPT one..I assume this is the seat belt? airbag? Stock seat had brown-green-white (L-R) NEW seat is brown-blue-black (L-R) Can i replace plug on NEW seat..ASSuming brown is starting point across...
  8. E

no horn..no clicks..changed actual horn? 2006 brm jetta

I have been trying to fix my horn...I replaced the actual horn...nothing..I check the fuse nothing I was trying to avoid taking off the steering wheel Can anyone interpret this? is it a broken collar? 1 Fault Found: 00906 - Horn (H1) 009 - Open or Short to Ground -...
  9. E

WTB 06 BRM mk5 downpipe

please leave me a way to contact you..I'm looking to get rid of the dpf..
  10. E

WTB mk5 2005.5 up AUTOMATIC only

I am looking for a 2005.5 and up automatic...please let me know what maintenance is done..i.e. cam, flywheel timing belt..i have cash and can travel
  11. E

vag-tacho vagtacho in pittsburgh

I'm looking for someone with a vag tacho in pittsburgh
  12. E

WTB Touareg TDI 6 cyl- NO v10s

I'm looking for a touareg TDI I'll look at 13 and up..I'm in Pittsburgh PA, BUT can travel for the right vehicle Respond with some info and pics..A phone number and/or an email would speed up communication process.. Bonus points for service records with proof of oil changes
  13. E

detroit rims on a 2014 passat tdi SE

Just curious if this rim is compatible? I checked size and it works, 5x112 bolt pattern, but the tires seem to be smaller..Not sure if this will be a normal fit? or need a spacer..OR will look stupid? (I have 18" bristol) I have a little road rash (bristol) and bounce on 2 of the OEM bristol...
  14. E

D-A CJ4 engine oil for use in a a4 tdi

A nearby truck service center uses this oil on their rigs.. I know it doesn't have the VW rating on it..But neither does rotella DA oils reliant cj4 http://www.dalube.com/diesel-engine-oil.html
  15. E

Audi q3 quattro TDI mexico- tiguan alternitive

I have been waiting for a tiguan TDI... I found this, on the same platform with the Audi badge I went to the audi website in Mexico. They are selling the q3 tdi quattro with a 2.0 liter tdi with 177 hp..It claims to get 42 highway and 34 in the city. I'm assuming this car (in gas) may be...
  16. E

a/c compressor not engaging , Rad fans not going on

I checked everything on my 2000 jetta tdi automatic. I noticed about three weeks ago I wasn't getting cold air when I turn on my a/c. the a/c light goes on, but no cold air. I did every possibly test on this forum. I replaced the FCM with a new one from ID parts. I checked the pressure with a...
  17. E

01m TCM transmission computer TDI

I have an 01m TCM out of a 2000 jetta TDI. It works . I bought it while troubleshooting the transmission. It was not the issue, issues was the cable. $100
  18. E

avoid Pete boranko and drivbiwire

I went to pete boranko. My mechanic recommended buying my nozzles somewhere else and sending them to Pete Boranko. Not realizing, why he asked me.. I went on petes advice and bought them from him.. It made sense, quicker, and one stop.. I now understand why.. Pete wanted to up-sale..... Pete...
  19. E

Ross-Tech VAG-COM HEX-COM Intelligent Dual-K Interface

I was looking at a ross tech device for sale on craigslist http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/old-interfaces/hex-com.html I states that you need to payy $99 for support if you are NOT the original owner..the question is.. Will this work with all new models being produced? Hence is it going...
  20. E

WTB vag-com ross tech ALL except micro can & KII

Let me know...I have the aftermarket line, and got viruses on two computers..Time to get the ross tech line