Search results

1. L

Hole in crankshaft cover plate. Any ideas?

99.5 alh. I broke a bolt off the injection pump pulley and well…. I never found it. A week later belt slipped and I’ve been in the process of tearing it down. Franko6 has already rebuilt the head but when I went to do the timing belt when I removed the lower cover I found a hole in the flange to...
  2. L

Used Vnt15 $100

Used garret Vnt15. Came off a 1999.5 Jetta. I only know it had a new cartridge 20k ago.The shafts don’t have any play. I just upgraded but worked fine before I removed. Dash says 290k on my car but do not know it’s history. $100 will ship if you cover expense. Located in Springfield, MO 65807
  3. L

Does this even plug in anywhere

2015 golf TDI. Found this plug just sitting near back of engine and can't find where it goes!!!! Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  4. L

2015 golf 6spd

Looking at a 2015 golf tdi 6 speed with 77k. Any items to pay particular attention to? It's a silver sel with the lighting package. Trading my 13 tdi Jetta dsg with 72k. Really just wanting a little better fuel economy and to shift gears again. Thanks for all the help. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL...
  5. L

2006 VW Jetta TDI

Selling my 2006 jetta tdi 5 speed manual with package 1 to buy something new. Has 122,000 miles. Nothing is wrong with it I just have the itch for a brand new car. I've averaged 41.3 mpg for the last 33,500 miles. I track every tank on fuelly. I use shaeffer 9000 oil and have enough for a year...
  6. L

Motive 0100 Power Bleeder for sale

Cleaning out the garage and selling my motive power bleeder. Used once and worked well. asking 50 shipped.
  7. L

Pela 6000 oil extractor

Selling my Pela oil extractor. I have used a couple times but ended up getting a fumoto drain valve and like it better. Asking 45 shipped.
  8. L

NLS Short Shifter review

Just installed my NLS short shifter today. It took about 45 minutes but I am slow and always have problems when I work on my car.lol Install was pretty easy. I did use the youtube video from myturbodiesel as a reference. The shifts are a lot closer now and I really like the feel. I big...
  9. L

Pics of your rain guards please

Looking at getting some WeatherTech rain guards to crack the windows while at work. Leaning towards weathertech but any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  10. L

Clarification on checking alternator pulley please

I have been on here for about 2 hours trying to find out how to check the alternator pulley. I know you insert a screwdriver to hold the fans and then see if the pulley moves. My question is should it not move both ways or just one way and freewheel the other? Any help will be appreciated.
  11. L

Can I run the car if serpentine belt breaks?

I know it sounds like I'm crazy but was wondering if I could drive my 06 jetta tdi without my serpentine belt. The reason is if Franko6 can get me in next week, he is doing the timing belt and camshaft for me. The belt shredded two of the ribs today but it still on the car and working. The drive...
  12. L

Surging Idle

I have a 2006 tdi manual with 86000 miles. Recently when I am at traffic lights the car has a surge to it. Feels like a front to back surge. I noticed if I put my foot on the accelerator and bring the rpms up to 1000 the surge goes away and everything is fine. Any thoughts as to what the problem...