Search results

1. J

60k Service Dilemma: Realistically...how long can you put it off?

It's a hard question to answer. If you are part of the class action I do not know what the maintenance requirements are. I am individually represented and opted out. I am required to to follow the maintenance schedule by the book and send my receipts to my attorney for the records. The good news...
  2. J

Are VWs designed to survive deer attacks?

Had a '13 JSW that in sept of '13 driving thru Kansas City, MO hit a baby doe on I35. Car was only 2 months old. The body damage was estimated at $16k. A new TDI motor and DSG transmission pushed the repairs over $30k and the car was totaled. My friend and I walked away shaken but not hurt...
  3. J

Anyone successfully used the $2k loyalty to trade out a TDI?

The theory is this should trickle down to the customer. If VW is standing behind the value of their products by offering the dealer's an opportunity to take a vehicle on trade without the the worry of losing value at current low auction rates then this should be passed on to the customer. If a...
  4. J

Clearly you are not a Kanye or a kardashian.
  5. J

After looking at both 2015 and 2016, I wouldn't even consider the 2015. The tech alone is worth it on the 2016.
  6. J

Well lastnite was a surprise. Called by the survey company during the day about my recent sales experience, told them what I thought. Was then called by the GM who honored the original deal with all the encentives including internet price for the new 2016 Tiguan SEL 4motion, $2000 loyalty bonus...
  7. J

Looks like the answer to my question is "NO". No one has been able to use the loyalty bonus to trade in their TDI for a new gas model without a big loss on trade or overcharged finance options.
  8. J

I qualify. It came down to the old bait switch game. The finance guy said the sales manager can't get me the VW interest rate because of how much he was paying for my trade. And they wouldn't let me bring my own finance unless the price is higher, in other words the original low ball offer on my...
  9. J

Apparently that's another VW lie. Our salesman told us how bad business has been, the phone no longer rings, people are not stopping in and Internet sales requests have stopped. He said the loyalty offer is good for anyone that wants to buy a car whether you own a VW or not.
  10. J

I didn't really have the negative equity. So the experience sounds similar. It was the financing where they started screwing with the numbers. Overcharged interest OR added costs OR the cost of the new car was raised/my trade was lowered.
  11. J

Stopped by the dealer today to get an estimate of the 40k service, the big one. While there I was looking at a few gas options. Started taking to the salesman. Picked out a Tiguan and started working the numbers. The car started at the internet price then added my $2000 loyalty to it. Numbers...
  12. J

Glovebox cooling

Just have to keep the car running 24/7 or your chocolate will still melt.
  13. J

iPhone 6 Bluetooth

Have both an iPhone 5s and 6+ with iOS8 and it works fine for music and phone. But EVERYTHING is going thru the bluethooth media player now. If I get an alarm or alert on my phone it can't be heard because it is being sent to the BT. My wife tried to use Siri and there was no response. Once we...
  14. J

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

That's what I did when I saw his post. Surprised how simple this was and that the dealers and VWoA claim it doesn't exist!:confused:
  15. J

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

Anyone in the US know how to get a radio's firmware updated in the states? I have a K unit hardware level H21 with 4369. I've been to two dealers that told me there is nothing newer and I called VWoA that told me there is currently no updates applicable. The newer versions are either for non NA...
  16. J

Fs: Rcd-510

This is the AF Version.
  17. J

Fs: Rcd-510

Sold! Recently pulled from my 2013 JSW. Includes radio, radio code and owners manual. Photos of actual radio. Asking $350 shipped.
  18. J

VW jetta sportwagen engine recycling too much

OP indicates they have a 2010 sportwagen. This seems like the correct area.