Search results

1. JaredC01

WTS: 2015 Passat FrostHeater, Pioneer 4000NEX, DG Sigma Six, PolarFIS Advance

Looking to sell some goodies from my now-returned 2015 Passat TDI. First the disclaimers: The PolarFIS Advance is missing the rear sticker because of how it was mounted (double sided tape that pulled off the label), but doesn't affect the operation. The DieselGeek Sigma Six Short-Shift Kit is...
  2. JaredC01

Does the buyback require all items from the original purchase?

So I've been dormant on here for a while (as I bought my Passat replacement back in August), but it's quickly coming up to the buyback time. I currently have an aftermarket head unit in the vehicle, that I will be removing prior to the buyback, but I no longer have the factory head unit that...
  3. JaredC01

FS: 2015 Passat Extras!

Up for sale (and will be updated as more things come available) are some parts for a NMS Passat (some parts are EA288 specific). Pics to be added in a bit. Torklift Ecohitch 1.25" trailer hitch: $250 - local pickup only (St. Louis area) - Never been installed, comes with all hardware...
  4. JaredC01

Dealership $500 credit - Fog light options

Hello all, I received my care package a while back now, and I've been trying to decide what I want to spend the $500 dealership funds on. I think I've finally narrowed it down to adding a set of fog lights to the equation, but I don't know if VW has a full kit put together that can be easily...
  5. JaredC01

FS: RCD-510 - Newest version (from 2015 Passat)

Just a prelim thread until I can include some pics, putting my RCD-510 up for sale out of my 2015 MY Passat SE. This is the newest model including the backup camera input, and it has HD radio with album art for radio stations. I'll post some pics up soon (just moved and still have my camera in...
  6. JaredC01

Those of you with a 6MT...

Just curious to see the number of 6MT owners that have installed the Dieselgeek Short Shift Kit installed in their NMS. I had mine on my Jetta before trading it in (took the Jetta back to stock and kept the shifter on trade-in), and after driving with the factory shifter on the Passat for two...
  7. JaredC01

WTB OEM B7/NMS Passat headlights (pair)

Looking for a set of NMS Passat headlights for a retrofit, please let me know here or by PM if you have a set available and what you're asking for them shipped.
  8. JaredC01

New owner of a 2015 TDI SE, few things I've noticed so far...

Hey all, new to this section of the forum after trading in my 2011 Jetta TDI on the car I've wanted since I bought my car (considering the Passat came out literally weeks after I bought my jetta, I was a tad upset). Love everything about the Passat so far, and I've noticed a few things... The...
  9. JaredC01

Wts: Rcd-510 ad & 9w7 5k0 g

Up for sale: RCD-510 AD head unit in near-perfect condition, built in HD radio and satellite radio. No spots on the screen, no blemishes to be found... Might be a couple of light surface scratches on the plastic, but you'd have to really be looking to find them. There is a bit of dust...
  10. JaredC01

Thinking of doing something outside the box...

So I've been looking around for an upgrade to my RCD-510, and naturally the RNS-510 would be the way to go, but way too expensive for what you get. I've also considered the Audiosources ANS-810, though they've got a new unit that should be out at the end of the month (which I've also...
  11. JaredC01

Traction Control Button Install - The Abridged Version

As most of you know, the Mk VI Jetta doesn't come with any form of traction control disabling options. A member on another forum figured out how to add one to his Mk VI GLI, and posted the details. As it so happens, the same technique works for the TDI! Anyway, on to the good news... I got...
  12. JaredC01

FS: Alpine KTP-445 45w x 4 Amp with SOT-976 VW Harness

Up for sale is my modded Alpine KTP-445 45w x 4 channel amp, designed to be a mostly plug-and-play setup for most VW models. I bought the amp roughly a year ago, and modified it with an SOT-976 VW harness with the intention of adding it inline with upgraded speakers. I found out when looking...
  13. JaredC01

Looking for a set of headlights!

I know there have been a few people with Mk VI's buying aftermarket Hybrid-style lights, and I'm sure a few of them have their old sets laying around doing nothing right now. I'd like to buy a set! If you've got a set of stock OEM headlights that you're looking to get rid of, please PM me so...
  14. JaredC01

Anyone heard about the new Alpine HU yet?

Just wondering if anyone has seen the new 8" Alpine HU yet... It's still in preorder, but our cars are on the first available list for the dash kit. Looking like I'll be ordering this unit once it's out! Unit: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500INEZ928/Alpine-INE-Z928HD.html "Perfect FIT" dash...
  15. JaredC01

Moving back to the lower 48, curious about Canada diesel...

I know we have some Canadian friends here in the forums, so maybe they can shine some more light than the rest... I'm moving back to Missouri from Alaska starting this coming weekend, and I'm considering bringing about 15 gallons of Diesel with me through Canada on the Alcan. I'm not so much...
  16. JaredC01

Aftermarket Speakers / Amp with RCD-510

Here's the situation... When I traded in my previous vehicle on my TDI, I stripped everything out I had upgraded and moved the system back to stock. I now have a set of Alpine SPR-13S speakers and a set of Alpine SPR-13C speakers (which totaled over $400 at the time) that are sitting unused...
  17. JaredC01

GLI -> TDI mods?

Curious more than anything... What mods for the new GLI model will fit the TDI? Definitely interested in the GLI front bumper + fogs (with a Euro switch to boot). Wonder what the front bumper would cost. :scratches head:
  18. JaredC01

Bit the bullet... (HID Retrofit)

Bit the bullet... (HID Retrofit) - Ordered Just a preliminary thread for progress, but I ordered a Stage IV kit from The Retrofit Source and will be installing them probably a week from now. For those interested, here's what I have on the way... 1 xLow beam TSX/RX Stage IV Kit (LowBeamIV)...
  19. JaredC01

Gauges or ScanGuage II?

Hey guys, first post here. Picked up my 2011 TDI from the stealership yesterday here in Anchorage, and I'm wanting a bit more info than is typically shown (specifically Boost, Temp, and Oil Pressure)... I'd like to have a set of analog gauges to do the job, however I don't like the look of the...