Search results

1. CoasterMoose

05 Passat Fob/Remote For Sale

Item sold and paid for, closed. Thanks Jeremy.
  2. CoasterMoose

Message received and I sent a reply.
  3. CoasterMoose

Sold my Passat last year, found the extra entry remote with flip out key I had bought for it last week. Will sell it for $50 including shipping. Send me an email to scottjanice@harbornet.com if you are interested. You will need to have it programmed for your car. I would guess it fits many...
  4. CoasterMoose

Gone but not forgotten

Good guesses, but no, I work as a construction project manager. The construction industry has been even harder hit by the economic downturn than the aircraft biz. A lot of large projects in this area were either taken off the drawing boards or mothballed during construction when the money...
  5. CoasterMoose

Gone but not forgotten

Hello all of my friends, I sold my 05 Passat TDI Wagon today; it was sad but necessary because I'm losing my job at the end of the year. I bought the Passat when I got my current job and a 600 mile per week commute, and it has served me well. What a wonderful car. I'm convinced the young...
  6. CoasterMoose

2005 VW Passat TDI Wagon for sale

Thanks to all for your interest in my car, and thanks especially to Tony for posting the pics, I couldn't get it done. Today I sold my beloved Passat Wagon to a great local guy and TDI Club forum member. I'm sure he'll enjoy the car, and I will certainly miss it. I'll be driving a POS ford...
  7. CoasterMoose

Hi Jay, my average fuel mileage is around 31 mpg, combination of stop-n-go highway commute and city driving. I wish it was better for everyday driving, and it has been better during pure 70mph highway driving, where I have gotten up to 37 mpg at the pump. Fuel tank capacity is 16.3 US...
  8. CoasterMoose

Thanks very much Tony, I sent the pics. Scott
  9. CoasterMoose

Excellent 2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS TDI B5.5 wagon/variant for sale, runs and drives fantastic, 117k miles. This car has been meticulously serviced and has many recent/new major maintenance upgrades and updates. All service work has been performed by expert TDI Mechanics. This car is...
  10. CoasterMoose

Another B5.5 Passat saved from the BSM

leicaman wrote: More importantly, VW should step up and replace the defective parts with a recall replacement. Why are we having to pay for replacement of a part with a defective design? VW is "head in the sand" and that's total BS.
  11. CoasterMoose

STOP! and Coolant icon lit

leicaman wrote: Excellent advice, thanks!
  12. CoasterMoose

STOP! and Coolant icon lit

Same thing happened to me yesterday morning. I hadn't realized there was a sensor in the expansion tank that would give such an immediate and dire warning when the car wasn't even wamed up yet. Filled the expansion tank to MAX and all is well....
  13. CoasterMoose

rain sensor windshield

Yup, the st gobain website wasn't much help. But thanks for the windshield numbers!
  14. CoasterMoose

rain sensor windshield

TS wrote: Thanks TS, I finally heard back from my insurance co, and they are going to allow me to get the st gobain glass at no extra cost. I'm not sure if the numbers you listed pertain to the tinting and shading (is this a darker shaded stripe along the top of the windshield?) see the st...
  15. CoasterMoose

2005 Passat Wagon Transmission Issue

Memory lane - my first VW was a red '71 Super Beetle, which I later traded for a yellow '77 VW "bus". Both great vehicles with manual trannys that never gave me a bit of trouble. (and I drove the hell out of them!) Adjust the valves in the engine often, though.....
  16. CoasterMoose

Milestone Achieved

Thanks Bob, good advice. I have also been suspecting problems with the vacuum system, so hopefully replacing the tandem pump will cure this too.
  17. CoasterMoose

Milestone Achieved

Yup, I've seen the "how to replace" the tandem pump Brian posted, (nice job!) and posts about coolant leaks in the vicinity, and similar posts, and the recommendation to replace the gasket if the area is being worked on since its difficult to get to. What I haven't found is: If my tandem...
  18. CoasterMoose

Milestone Achieved

1854Sailor wrote: I don't know crap from Cheerios when it comes to the mechanical stuff on these cars. What's the experience of others regarding replacing the Tandem Pump or just the gasket due to a fuel leak? I would think it would make a huge difference in the cost, and I'll really...
  19. CoasterMoose

What battery size for an '05 Passat TDI?

Check out Oilhammer's thread for upgrading to a larger battery, I just had this done a couple weeks ago and it's great! My 7 or 8 year old batt was starting to churn slower. Small extra cost for some extra peace of mind. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=2808494
  20. CoasterMoose

Milestone Achieved

Tony wrote: I'm at 115k miles and the tandem pump has started leaking fuel - and it leaks on the coolant lines below, which I understand can kill them if not corrected. Pump is on order and will be replaced on Thursday. Bill will be around $1,100. Sound reasonable? Thanks!!