Search results

1. S

Where in TN are you? I live close to Chattanooga and have a 2005 Passat GLS TDI wagon that runs...

Where in TN are you? I live close to Chattanooga and have a 2005 Passat GLS TDI wagon that runs but has turbo issues All original except new headliner. If you are interested, I'd let it go for $1,000.
  2. S

FS: 2005 Passat TDI wagon PROJECT car - Greenville SC SOLD

I also have the same car (blue GLS TDI wagon) in Chattanooga area. It runs but has turbo issues. 222k miles all original (new headliner). I'd let mine go for $1000. Someone could buy both and use the best parts. I also have an extra turbo charger.
  3. S

Multiple codes ... help!

That is a great idea. I am leaving on a six week trip in the morning and really needed to get this car out of the garage. I replaced the fuse and fired it up. Cleared the codes and took it for a test drive. Everything works for now. I will start the trouble shooting for shorted wires when I...
  4. S

Multiple codes ... help!

QuickTD, Thank you so much! Sure enough, the 15A fuse was blown. Now to track down the offending component. I will start with the crankcase heater and wiring. Would you perhaps have a test procedure for this, ie: expected voltage and resistance?
  5. S

Multiple codes ... help!

My daughter just "limped" home in her 05 Passat TDI wagon. The CEL, flashing glow plug light, and 'emission workshop' are all on. I checked it with my VAG-COM and got 6 codes. 17075 (P0691), 16629 (P0245), 19557 (P3101), 16955 (P0571), 19558 (P3102), 16627 (P0243). It appears that it may be...
  6. S

Drive flange oil seal replacement

Passenger side is really easy. No need to remove axel. Turn steering wheels +/- 15 degrees to the left, unbolt the axel from the flange, and move the axel rearward. Remove center bolt from flange and pull the drive flange out.
  7. S

Remote won't unlock passenger or rear doors

I also recently changed the car battery and then had key-fob unlock issues. The fobs would lock the doors, unlock the trunk, and ONLY unlock the drivers door. I tried the passenger door switch (at first to no avail) but then turned the ignition switch to accessory and then cycled the passenger...
  8. S

My first TDI!!! B5.5 for $6k

OEM part # for the snub is 8D0199339M Motor mounts: 8D0199379AR & 8D0199382AR
  9. S

Transmission Removal Procedure

Problem solved! Hot power cable at starter was TOO close to the engine block causing intermittent shorting.
  10. S

Transmission Removal Procedure

I just R&R'd my tranny to access my torque converter. Everything went fine and my rebuilt (by Erickson) TC locks up perfectly now. One problem that I cant figure out is I am now getting an intermittent 'ALTERNATOR WORKSHOP' and battery icon. It only comes on while hard accelerating. I...
  11. S

serpentine belt tensioner vibration

You do realize that the alternator pulley is reverse threaded? (clockwise to loosen). Just did one.
  12. S

a/c freezing up

Just rented a 2014 Jetta sedan and the AC would stop working above 70 MPH. No kidding, at 70.5 MPH it would blow warm moist air. Decelerate to 70 or below and it would blow cold. We joked about it being a rental car 'governor'. We decided that it would take more time to find a rental...
  13. S

A/C not working on my 05' Passat Wagon

Wow! There is a second relay panel behind the primary relay panel. There are three more radiator fan relays there. Two are labeled 373 and one is 370. There is also a very large (1+ inch across) blade type 40a fuse (below and left of the 370 relay). After finding and testing the three...
  14. S

A/C not working on my 05' Passat Wagon

Cooling fan won't work Help! 05 Passat TDI wagon. I have read all of the above posts and many other threads but none guide me to a fix for my problem. I had a bad cooling fan (electric passenger side) and replaced it. The fan still does not come on with the key in the on position, A/C...