Search results

1. J

FREE: 15" wheel covers, Mk4 stereo harness, Pela 6000 $20

I reposted this in the Karma thread, so mods can delete this thread. Sorry for placing in the wrong location. Pela is gone btw
  2. J

Alternator Pulley tools

Is there anyone in the GTA with the tools to pull off the pulley from the alternator (ALH)? I'd like to borrow/rent before buying... let me know if you have any dietary/beverage requests.:) I'm in Scarborough, but I do have a car.
  3. J

FS: MkIV control arms with TT rear bushings, $120 for pair

Sold today, but thanks for looking..
  4. J

Trade: Pela oil changes, scans, for donations to my RTCC!

Hi everyone, I'm in east-end TO, and have a Pela, a Mk4-compatible Vag-Com, and a few tools, if anyone can use a hand with light maintenance (that stuff and brakes and the like). I've been on here for (gasp) a long time, and have accrued plenty of practise with this stuff (and suspensions...
  5. J

Holiday GTG December 2011??

It looks like quite a few people are eager to get together over the holidays... it's been a very long time since we've all seen each other (I think I've been to two Halifax gtgs since the last one I've gone to). How does Wednesday, Dec 28 sound? You seem to like D&B like before, if it's not...
  6. J

LF: Mk4 Cupholder, either style

There are a few partout threads, and none of them have a cupholder! Mein indashcupholder ist kaput. If you have an extra pls PM me and I'll come get it. I'm in Toronto. TIA
  7. J

Bolt on dogbone mount wet with trans fluid, backs out?

I am seeing trans fluid leaking from the rear of the 2 dogbone bolts. It smells like trans fluid, so Im pretty sure that's what it is. The result of this is that this bolt is backing out on its own now. Glad the belly pan catches it, every time! Of course that means the engine rocks back and...
  8. J

trunk mounted bike carrier - 1100 mile trip?

What do you think of using a trunk-mounted bike carrier for a long trip? Ill be going from T.O. through Montreal (maybe I'll skip around Montreal) and New Brunswick to the east coast over 2 days and want to take my bike. While I like the Saris Bones and even the Takima Super Joe 2 are the...
  9. J

Free: 1" spacers for front struts MkIV

Some time ago I made 1" spacers for the front struts of a MkIV. The're 1.5" aluminum bar with 7/8" drilled that leave less clearance than the factory spacers do. This was done on a metal lathe, so they're concentric, then they were put in a vise and milled placed next to each other to be the...
  10. J

FS: timing belt kit, strut bushings

..::..
  11. J

FS: OEM Cargo Nets (5)

I ordered myself a cargo net from ECS Tuning from this thread, and had them delivered to someone in the US who'd be coming back recently - well they're back to Ontario, so the nets are here. Shipping here was abhorrent, but with shipping there they're $5 + about $5 shipping so $10. I'm in...
  12. J

Clutch changed - now louder vibration?

I replaced the dogbone, and all of this issue is completely gone. the problem was really that when I hacked and re-filled the dogbone I installed the big housing part backward, so it was something like 20mm too short, and that rocked the engine forward, putting stress on the other mounts, and...
  13. J

FS: MkIV ABS pump & module (Mk20)

Sold! To the guy below.
  14. J

Inadequate Lights fix-it ticket on I-81 ??

So I got a ticket on Friday night for a headlight out for "no/inadequate lights right headlight out". I'm from Toronto, only visiting for the weekend, returning on Monday, which was President's day. I intended to bring this ticket to the listed court on Monday, to show that the light...
  15. J

question regarding bleeding brake fluid

I've installed an ABS pump with ASR in my 2000 Jetta. After cycling the ABS and gravity bleeding 3 wheels, the last caliper (front right) did this - continuously - for about 15 minutes after the left side stopped: Even after closing the bleeder screw, there were still air bubbles, nearly as...
  16. J

F.S: Montreal I rims and tires...

Wheels sold!
  17. J

FS: NewSouth ColumnPod & VDO boost gauge

Thanks for looking, gauge is sold.
  18. J

FS: NewSouth ColumnPod & VDO boost gauge

Thanks for looking, gauge is sold.
  19. J

O2J selector shaft stripped - loctite or replace?

This has happened to the selector shaft spline on my car: I'm not hard on the gears! I even shift into second before first. It was working normally for 9 years, then suddenly it wasn't working at all. If I have a new shift lever, can I use loctite to hold on to this, or does this just...