Search results

1. O

09 Jetta starts then dies

I just replaced the dmf and now the car will start and then run approx 10-15 seconds and then die. I am able to turn on the fuel pumps via vagcom. Also the wipers do not work. They moved a little and now nothing. I am thinking it is a relay issue or electronic issue but tested all I could and no...
  2. O

exhaust flapper F/S

Exhaust flapper from CR TDI for sale. Clean and in good working order. Milage was aprox 30-40k. Will take 60 shipped. Will try and get pics shortly.
  3. O

Mk6 golf audio F/S

I am selling a custom built box with a kicker L7 8" sub in it. Also have an amp rack that mounts under rear mat. All a very clean install. Looking for 250 for sub and box and 100 for the amp rack.
  4. O

McNally boost/egt gauge and newsouth mk6 golf vent mount

Use for bout 6 months. Egt probe new and never hooked up. Works well. Will come with everything needed. Will throw in a fuse tap that I used for power. 200 shipped
  5. O

Adding rear cam and parking system.

I have a 11 golf with rcd510 and looking to add rear cam and parallel parking system and sensors. Has anyone done this on the non nav radios? I am looking to upgrade to rns510 but cheaper to add all parking stuff first.
  6. O

2.0 cr exhaust flapper

I have a exhaust flapper off a 2011 golf with 30k miles. Will take 100 bucks shipped. Let me know if anyone interested. Bill
  7. O

Decreased mpg with ic update kit

About 400 miles ago I had the cold weather ic kit installed. Since then my average mpg is down about 3-4 mpg. Has anyone experienced this? Also since it was installed my frostheater has stopped heating the coolant like it did before. Does the ic kit tie into the cooling sys? Bill
  8. O

Feeler 2011 golf

I am thinking of selling my 2011 tdi 4 door golf. It is candy white and has the dsg. Has just shy of 28000 miles and has always been serviced on time. I have all the windows tinted 20% and the windshield is tinted at 35%. Have added a boost gauge egt combo in driver vent. The egt is not hooked...
  9. O

EGT and boost taping locations.

I just ordered a McNally boost and egt combo gauge and was wondering if anyone has installed one of these on a mk6. I am looking at pics for the locations to drill and tap the intake and exhaust. Thanks a lot. Bill
  10. O

09 JSW with tcm issues

My buddy has a 09 JSW that sometimes looses power and the traction light comes on. It has almost 100,000 miles on it and shifts fine most of the time. Recent DSG service. I have attached the VCDS info if anyone could lend us a hand that would be great. I only included the info that came back as...
  11. O

507 spec oil

I know the 507 oil is required due to the dpf and the low ash content of the oil. Is there any other reason that that car needs the 507 other than the dpf? If the dpf was not there the engine itself would use the 505 spec oil correct?
  12. O

Tweeter wiring

I was told that the front tweeters are wired directly to the deck. I can not find any info saying yes or no. Any ideas or help. I am hoping that there 4 wires per door for the front speakers. Thanks a lot. Bill
  13. O

Aux heater?

So this means I have a electric aux heater correct? Thanks. Bill
  14. O

My new sub!

Well I have just installed a 8" kicker L7 and can not be happier. I am a part time car audio installer and always swore I would not do anything to the golf. Lol well I could not deal with hardly no low end so I quickly changed my mind. I totally went the opposite direction and went all out. As...
  15. O

My first ding!

So I came out from work tonight and it was dark and rainy. I get home to my well lit and heated garage and noticed a blue scuff. I rubbed most of it out and noticed a ding as well! The place next door has blue shipping carts so I'm guessing one found my car! Not a happy camper. Any idea if it...
  16. O

Biggest speaker size

I am looking to replace my speakers and add a 4-ch amp. Was wondering the biggest size speaker as afra s mounting depth gose we can add in our cars. I know they are 6.5" all around so thats no biggie. Also anyone know if a 30mm tweeer can mount into the factory location? Thanks a lot. Bill
  17. O

Recall/intercooler tsb

So I just left my dealer parts counter for some g-12 cause my frostheater will be here tomorrow ;) while I was there i ask the service guy about the #2 fuel line recall. He called vw and in fact my vin does in fact fall under the recall and he stated to wait on the mailer unless I was...
  18. O

Driver side gauge pod

I am looking to add a boost gauge and am looking for a oem match and one that does not read vacuum. I like the vent mount but does that effect defogging and deicing in the winter time or can u still direct airflow? Thanks a lot. Bill.
  19. O

window tint

I am going to be getting my windows tinted here in a few and am trying to decide if I wanna do my winshield as well. I am getting 20% all the way around. I was going to do just the eyebrow but am now thinking to do the whole windshield. I am thinking 70 or 50 on the whole windshield. I first...
  20. O

Engine noise

Ok this is my first tdi and have a silly question. I am at 4500 miles now and whenever I first start it and drive it I hear a lot of turbo spool and it sounds more like a diesel. I know it will get louder after break in but how much louder? I am not complaining by any means I love the sound and...