Search results

1. eyetdiman

Brake Pads

FS: New VW..from the VW dealer parts department.. set of brake pads..front and rear for 2000-05 Jetta and 2000-06 Golf. $75..(list is $150).. plus max of $10 in shipping. (If shipping is $20, I will pay half..half of what ever the shipping cost is.) Pads only..not rotors. PM me with your...
  2. eyetdiman

Brake pads and Disks

FS: New VW brake pads and disks for Jetta 2000-05 and Golf, 2000-06. Cost new: $84.95 Rear. $62.95 Front. Will sell both for $73.95 and share the shipping costs.
  3. eyetdiman

2000-06 Jetta/Golf Brake disks and Pads

FS New VW front and rear disk and brake pads. Bought these from VW dealer in '04 for my Golf TDI and when I traded it for a '04 Passat TDI, was told they were also the same pads for the Passat. Just discovered they weren't, so $75 plus plus shipping, from Wilmette, IL 60091 if interested.
  4. eyetdiman

Brake pads and Filters

Sold my '04 Passat TDI and have several new..from the dealer..oil, air and fuel filters. Also set of new brake pads and disks..front and rear. Contact me for specifics if interested.
  5. eyetdiman

FS: '04 Passat TDI

FS: My 04 Pasat TDI, Black on Black. I have had this car since 2007 when I traded my '04 Golf 5 speed TDI for it because my wife could not drive a stick shift. It had 15 K on it at the time with all of the records. Since then I have used it primarily to drive back and forth to our seasonal...
  6. eyetdiman

Mice

Mice have eaten all of the felt lining that's attached to the underside of the chassis between it and the exhaust wire protective shield. Is this an issue?
  7. eyetdiman

'04 Passat TDI

Saw it taken in trade, 12-30, at Jennings VW 866-548-6776. Black, 70,000 miles, clean looking, blown turbo. Ask for Al if you maybe interested. OK to say Tom from the TDI club mentioned this.
  8. eyetdiman

Fs: 2004 passat tdi gls near chicago

NOTE: CAR IS NO LONGER FOR SALE. Black on black, 72,600 mostly highway miles, very clean with many extras. $12,350. Heated leather seats. Garage kept. I bought this car in 2007 with 15,500 miles on it and all of the dealers service records. I have used only Castrol 505.01 changing the oil...
  9. eyetdiman

First Impressions

First impressions. You know, blind date. These impressions stick. Had my first impression while test driving a new Passat TDI GLS Premium today and it wasn't good. So now I know what happened to the steering wheel from my go kart. They put it on the new Passat TDI GLS Premium and probably all...
  10. eyetdiman

Car Values

Kelly Blue Book has my '04 TDI Passat GLS..72,500 miles at $12,527 (private party,) while Edmunds has it at half the price. Why the spread?
  11. eyetdiman

Trunk won't open

I did a search, but found no comments regarding this condition which is: When I pull up on the trunk open/release button, nothing happens..No click I can open the trunk with a key and the fuel door I can open with the switch. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  12. eyetdiman

Falling in Love..all over again

It's probably the "Seven Year Itch." You know, finding reasons for trading the old one in for a new one. (How many marriages can a guy have?) A while ago I was just thinking. Maybe an Audi? I'm still drawn to the Jaguar Sedan S Type, but she's probably too young for me. (Or I'm to old for her.)...
  13. eyetdiman

The Urge, Part 2

Go to "The Urge, Part 1" to see Part 2. (Maybe someone can set this up as Part 2? I only know how to drive and sometime write.)
  14. eyetdiman

The Urge; Part 1

Ever get the urge to just drive? To get behind the wheel and to head into the night. To just push on, as if it mattered, because it does. Something needs to happen. There must be an accomplishment. An end. Perhaps a new beginning. It doesn't matter where. Just pick a direction; North, South...
  15. eyetdiman

An Affair

How can you ever leave me when you are the delight of my driving experience and having taken up residence in my attached garage?:)
  16. eyetdiman

Outstanding Service

Take note friends!! Wanted to publically express my appreciation to NEIL THIBODEAU of EVOLUTION IMPORT, (evolutionimport.com, 250-963-3232,) for his diligence in finding for me those "little red reflectors" that come with the Hella Smoked Tails!! (One was broken in a parking lot accident.) Not...
  17. eyetdiman

WTB: Red Reflectors

Someone broke one of the small red reflectors that I had installed on the rear valance of my '04 Passat and I would like to replace it. Unfortunately I have no record as to where I bought them. They are made by Hella and when I put smoked tails on my '04 Jetta, they came with the Hella after...
  18. eyetdiman

Fuse Location

Trying to find the fuse for the front cigarette lighter in my '04 Passat TDI.:confused: Any help?:)
  19. eyetdiman

Why Not?

Question is: "Why does the European 2110 Passat get 64.2 MPG while my best is around 42 MPG on the USA 2004 TDI Passat? Take a look at this link: http://www.am-online.com/RoadTests/story/Volkswagen-Polo-Golf-and-Passat-Bluemotion/504163004
  20. eyetdiman

Lady Needs Assistance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95k8i_IpuAc