Search results

1. T

Brake dust shield/backing plate compatibility

Longshot, but here goes.… stock B4 parts seem to be NLA. Can anyone verify the VR6 front dust shields (3A0 615 311 and 3A0 615 312) have the same hardware mount spacing as the stock 10.1” shields? New VR6 parts are still available, albeit overseas. Can anyone verify the A4 chassis rear...
  2. T

My B4V maintenance thread

I figured I’d start documenting stuff here, rather than in the “what did you do” thread. Too difficult to find something, if I need to. I did the same with my Rabbit pickup, and it’s worked well. Let’s start with the rear right door. The window has been incredibly slow going up, and it’d...
  3. T

FS: black B4 carpet

SOLD!!!! Been sitting on this for years with thoughts of changing my interior to black. That’s never going to happen…. Overall in very good shape. Just needs a pressure wash to look new. No holes at the heel pad/dead pedal area. $100 + shipping to the lower 48. -Todd
  4. T

FS: new B4 silicone upper and lower radiator hoses

SOLD! Brand new. These have been in the garage for for years, and I don’t see myself installing them. My loss your gain. An upgrade to the standard radiator hoses for B4 VW Passat TDIs with a 1Z or AHU engine code, this 3-ply silicone Nomex hose set offers greater resilience to heat and...
  5. T

FS: partial 10mm core injector set… rectangular plug

I got these with a parts buy. The seller had a 1Z that developed a rod knock and he yanked the engine. He was trying to pull everything he could before sending the rest to scrap. He didn’t know how to pull injectors, said #3 exploded and he gave up on the last. What you see is what you get...
  6. T

FS: New B4 Lloyd Luxe carpet floor mats

SOLD These are brand new, although they were test fit in the car. I also bought Lloyd rubber mats, and never seasonally swapped them out, as planned, which is why these are new. I just sold the car, and it left with the custom rubber mats, only. New owner did not want these. It’s a set of 4...
  7. T

FS: Euro engine cover

Bought this years ago, and I don’t see myself installing it. I think it’s just for 1Z or AHU, and I think it looks a lot better, than what we got in the US. PO tried to mount it on something gas, so it’s been slightly modded. The screwdriver points to the obvious, although I’m not 100% sure...
  8. T

SOLD: ***CLEAN*** 97 B4 in NJ… Black Magic Pearl- LC9Z

SOLD I’ve owned this car since November 2013 and it was in need of much love, when it entered my ownership. Since then, I‘ve put a ton of sweat equity into it and a paltry 31,000 miles on it… under 4,000 per year, I still occasionally drive it an arduous 7 miles one way, to work, so the...
  9. T

TDI throttle potentiometer and interior wiring harnesses, in NJ.

Everything was pulled from a perfectly running 97 Jetta TDI $115 + shipping. The above is dash, rear lights, CD changer, sunroof, etc. Taken out cleanly, meaning nothing was cut. $60 + shipping. -Todd
  10. T

Parting out the Rotbox… 97 Jetta TDI

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/‘97-jetta-tdi-part-out.9475788/ If you want the entire car, less the parts I mentioned, drag it away for $700. I can send video, of the car running. The original cluster is bad, but I’ll include it if wanted. It’s not fully assembled, being that I sent it out...
  11. T

FS: B6 Passat carpet mats and Passat monster mats... round retainers

B6 covers 06-10... these were in a 08 Passat. Both sets have round retainers. The carpet mats are OE and in nice condition. $45 The Monster mats have no holes, splits or any apparent damage. $70 I’m willing to ship, but the weight of the Monster Mats may be cost prohibitive. -Todd
  12. T

Free: B4 interior stuff in NJ 08002

No shipping, no shipping, no shipping... Now that that’s out of the way, come and get it. Plenty of plastic trim, door panels, front and rear seats, etc. I don’t want to pull all of it out, to take pics. When I pull it out, it’s either going into someone’s vehicle, or the dumpster...
  13. T

FS- 97 AHU engine... $600

I’ve got a running Jetta TDI, that I purchased for the transmission. I used it for a winter beater and it performed flawlessly. The engine and trans are still in the car and can be seen running and driven around the block. Engine has approximately 240,000 miles. I replaced the IP head seal about...
  14. T

Nothing to see here

I’m thinking this is the same car. If so, the car did run, although briefly. Slummy didn’t last long, around here.... https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/we-bought-a-tdi-from-nice-cars-in-bellingham.434044/ -Todd
  15. T

B4 rear door won’t open... now it does

This started about 3 weeks ago. Left rear door was getting finicky to open... it always opened, but felt strange. Rather than investigate, I ignored the issue and it finally stopped opening, from both the outside and inside. Kind of a pita, since I toss my work cooler bag on the rear floor...
  16. T

FS: hubcentric D-S-X 15mm spacers w/ bolts

These are low mileage spacers... maybe 150 miles on them. Ran them with coil overs, that were quickly pulled... way too stiff for me. 15mm 4x100 57.1 CB Ball seat bolts $50 shipped to the lower 48. -Todd
  17. T

FS: Jetta Trek roof rack

Pulled it off my winter beater. Overall in good condition. Complete with key and hardware. One of the studs snapped off its base, as seen on the pic. I was thinking about welding a bolt to the base, after the remaining stud was ground off. The pivot plate for the vertical arm is rusted...
  18. T

It’s getting cold out... aftermarket seat heater time!

This was a trial. Spoke to people who used these and they said they worked better than the factory seat heaters. This was a test run, prior to installing them in my project car, if it ever gets finished. 2 seat kit. About $35 shipped from eBay. This may be an OE footprint. I read to...
  19. T

A3, B4, A4 injectors

I found another set. I don’t remember what they came off, but I believe it was an ALH Jetta Just like the last set, I'm selling them as core injectors. Perfect for hot swapping, if you're looking to get nozzles installed. Rectangular plug on #3. The shrink tubing is coming off the wiring...
  20. T

FS: B4V cargo cover and rails

I dug these out of storage recently. A bit dirty, but everything seems to be in decent shape. $150. I prefer a local pick up, but shipping is possible... may be a bit pricey. -Todd