Search results

1. V

Vnt17 for 1.9

good luck
  2. V

Start to Finish B5.5 conversion/project thread, a newb's journey

Your code left in the ABS brake module is 01486. Follow these directions and it should clear: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/ESP_System_Function_Test Link to video is in the link above.
  3. V

Start to Finish B5.5 conversion/project thread, a newb's journey

Remove TCU then do the following: Can/Gateway: Set coding to 006. Same as before but it will force the gateway to relearn installed modules. ABS - Recode: 1. Login to enable coding 09555 2. Recode from 04257 to 04255 2.a) NOW perform steering angle sensor calibration. (Failure to complete this...
  4. V

Immo 1 off (afn)

It would help if you explain what you have done? No glowplug light means typically no communication from the ECU, could be multiple reasons. One is if the chips LLL/HHH are reversed. I could possibly repair the ECU and get it working if you ship it to me.
  5. V

Standalone VNT controller for all diesels

http://dmn.kuulalaakeri.org/vnt-lda/ Already exists.
  6. V

open thermostat...how do you tell?

As long the old coolant was flushed it will not cause a problem. Hopefully he didn't use Dexcool... On the thermostat question, the way I do it: Start the engine cold, touch upper and lower hoses at the radiator. (Not always an easy task) With proper thermostat operation the upper hose will...
  7. V

Flashing Dome Light

Do you have issues locking the vehicle such as a delay of 60sec? Dome lights are part of the door switches. Locking issue can be door/trunk/hood/inside radio switches.
  8. V

Blauparts timing belt kit?

I've used Blauparts kits on multiple vehicles and quality is great.
  9. V

WTB:AHU turbo

I got a Wastegated turbo from my 98 tdi that I converted to VNT15. 180k miles and ran fine. $150 plus shipping.
  10. V

Show off your MK3

Got the 98 TDI with 134k with an broken timing belt. Repaired and enjoyed it. Added a custom tow hitch. The VR Turbo is now sold Repainted the whole car with Tornado Red. Perfect timing for some upgrades: Heated front MKIV leather seats MKIV Steering wheel MKIV Shifter box and tower...
  11. V

vnt and 1z

I deleted the existing N75 solenoid, extended the N75 wires and plugged it into the N18 EGR Solenoid. You can see in the picture where and how I mounted the Vacuum ball. I left the EGR plug unplugged and deleted the code in the software. See Vacuum diagram, the arrow to the left goes to the...
  12. V

vnt and 1z

Number 2 on this site is the location of e EGR solenoid. Engine compartment I'll snap a few pictures of my conversion and post them, it will give you a better idea of the work involved.
  13. V

vnt and 1z

if you delete the EGR you can use that solenoid. You only need to replace the two chips LLL and HHH. Just provide the injector size to the tuner and they will be able to make it work. I also added the vacuum ball and check valve as on ALH.
  14. V

vnt and 1z

Tell us what you plan on doing? Install a VNT15 turbo into the 1z? without the VNT Controller the vanes will stay shut and you will overboost and blow the turbo. You can use the GQ ECU with different chips, for the VNT controller you can use the current EGR solenoid or the MK4 ALH N75. I just...
  15. V

Trusted Leaky Inj Pump Repair Shop

Bad news...for this you will need VCDS.
  16. V

1998 Jetta TDI AHU Fueling Upgrade?

Good rebuild place I know of is DFIS. DFIS
  17. V

1998 Jetta TDI AHU Fueling Upgrade?

Search the site for "prothe", stay away from his parts....
  18. V

AFN MAF Readings

Looks great, enjoy it :)
  19. V

Trusted Leaky Inj Pump Repair Shop

Usually the problem is the pump head seal (on the back of the pump). The kit includes the Quantity adjuster upper and lower seals and bunch of other stuff that's not usually the problem. When I did mine, I replaced the pump head seal and the quantity adjuster upper and lower seals. After...