Search results

1. 97stroker

F/S feelers wanted MK5 TDI Special Edition

Hello everyone! I am in serious need of help here, my beloved TDI named Jerry btw 🙂 was rear ended about 3 weeks ago. The lady that slammed into me, her insurance is offering very little amount and is claiming the vehicle as a total loss. I disagree completely, maybe bias but let me explain...
  2. 97stroker

06 BRM Boost spikes, Died on off ramp, No start

Headed home from work and I went to pass someone and heard a whoosh sound with a boost spike of about 26psi. Has aftermarket dark side developments turbo that normally pushes about 22psi. When I came to a stop at the bottom of the off ramp I noticed my car was off. Cranked over with no joy and...
  3. 97stroker

Front strut mount questions

So I'm almost positive my front strut mounts aren't supposed to be doing what they're doing! Here's a link to a video i took of it. What do you guys think? https://youtu.be/TorW_xNM-6k
  4. 97stroker

Somewhat of a unique problem.

Somewhat of a unique problem. (OBDII not functioning) I have an 03 golf tdi. It had a check engine light but when I hook vagcom to it it cant connect to any modules. I unplugged (to check) all the fuses that had the engine symbol and unplugged 2 relays behind the kick panel and after I did this...
  5. 97stroker

Engine coolant level, temperature light came on

This is the second time this light has come on. It came on six months ago and the coolant level was low and I didn't think setting of it because I had recently replaced the temp sensor. So now it came on again today and the level is low again where should I be looking for leaks? Thanks guys!
  6. 97stroker

Clutch and tune questions

First bit, sorry for the long post, I wanted to be thorough to avoid wasting time answering questions. I have an 03 2dr Golf ALH with a 5sp, all maintenance is up to date and it has no mechanical problems. I bought a stage 3 from Malone and my stock clutch "surprisingly" started slipping lol...
  7. 97stroker

Swapping a ALH into a VR6?

So I have a 03 Golf ALH with a 5 spd, I am looking at buying a very nice 01 Jetta GLX VR6, 5spd, with every option available. I mean were talking sunroof, heated leather, steering controls, dual climatronic, memory seat, just everything you could possibly ask for in 01 this car has. I'm just...
  8. 97stroker

No smoke?

So I am just wondering if or what could be wrong with my golf 03 alh. I got it with pp520 nozzles and no tune and it smoked like a chimney. I got a 1.5 Malone tune and it smoked a lot less. Now it doesn't smoke at all. Is this a problem? Maybe a fuel delivery problem? Any help is great!
  9. 97stroker

Frost Heater ?

As it is starting to get colder here and I am going to have to start plugging my car in I want to make sure that my frost heater is working. I just got the car this summer and it has a plug and the heater so I just need to know how to check to make sure it is working. Any help in testing this...
  10. 97stroker

Clutch/5th gear installation

Any guru's around the San Diego area wanna help me swap out a clutch and the 5th gearing? I am very hesitant to take it anywhere to have the 5th gear swapped. Not to picky about the clutch although I would rather do that myself as well. Just really need some technical experience. Willing to...
  11. 97stroker

Rim Offset

So I currently have steelies on my golf and I want to get some 17" GTI rims off flebay but they have an offset of 51 mm. Will these rims work on my car or would I be running into problems. Also they are 498 with free shipping what do you guys think of the price? Thanks.
  12. 97stroker

At pick and pull, need info quick!

Wondering if I will be able to mount stock 97 jetty wheels on my 03 golf. 5 lug pattern 195/60/15
  13. 97stroker

FS: 2010 Jetta TDI DSG San Diego

I am wanting to sell my TDI for 17k OBO and I stress or best offer because I realize what KBB or NADA or whatever appraisal site you use is going to tell you with the amount of miles it currently has, however we all know it's a diesel therefore they last longer if they are maintained properly. I...
  14. 97stroker

Key Fob Reprogramming

I just bought my VCDS and I am wondering if I can get my key fob to work on my 04 TDI again. The battery died so I ordered a new one from amazon but while it was shipping I left the old batter out and when I put the new battery in it didnt work. Yes I do see the little red light when I hold a...
  15. 97stroker

2.0 mufflerectomy

I have looked all over YouTube and the forums and cannot find a video or even a sound clip with a mefflerectomy on a 2.0. I am wanting to do it so I can get a little more whistle from residential driving with my windows down and I just want to know if that will work cause I am just wanting to...
  16. 97stroker

2010 tdi

Just got my 3rd TDI, had two 1.9's and my mom wrecked my 06 and my wife is still driving the 04. Now with my 2010 I am trying to find the right oil for my oil change and I cant seem to find it ANYWHERE!! What exact oil do I need for my car? No auto parts place has Mobil 1 ESP Formula for some...
  17. 97stroker

Real world numbers?

I just got an 04 Jetta TDI. Our firs tank of fuel was 31 MPG's, figured it was due to the right foot and having fun with the new car. Second tank got 33 driving extremely efficient, longer trips, good speed on the freeway, replaced air and fuel filters before second tank and also oil before the...