Search results

1. 97stroker

F/S feelers wanted MK5 TDI Special Edition

I sure do I have all the invoices in my email 👍
  2. 97stroker

F/S feelers wanted MK5 TDI Special Edition

Hello everyone! I am in serious need of help here, my beloved TDI named Jerry btw 🙂 was rear ended about 3 weeks ago. The lady that slammed into me, her insurance is offering very little amount and is claiming the vehicle as a total loss. I disagree completely, maybe bias but let me explain...
  3. 97stroker

06 BRM Boost spikes, Died on off ramp, No start

Headed home from work and I went to pass someone and heard a whoosh sound with a boost spike of about 26psi. Has aftermarket dark side developments turbo that normally pushes about 22psi. When I came to a stop at the bottom of the off ramp I noticed my car was off. Cranked over with no joy and...
  4. 97stroker

Front strut mount questions

It's on jack stands both front wheels and that is raising it by hand
  5. 97stroker

Front strut mount questions

So I'm almost positive my front strut mounts aren't supposed to be doing what they're doing! Here's a link to a video i took of it. What do you guys think? https://youtu.be/TorW_xNM-6k
  6. 97stroker

Somewhat of a unique problem.

I failed to mention 3 problems that might help the diagnosis problem. My brother in law replaced the drivers side window regulator so could that hang something up in the data link connection? He also mentioned the gauges sometimes would just shut off and then restart, the needles went to zero...
  7. 97stroker

There are quite a few mink farms around! In fact theres one right down the road from where it was parked for 2-3 months. My brother in law thought the bad sound was "deep in the motor" but it just needed a tensioner and alternator pulley! I never should have let him take "ownership" of the car...
  8. 97stroker

Took the connector off the ABS pump and still no luck. Im gonna have to take the wiper cowling off and take a look at the ECU connections and inspect them. There is a hole in it just the the passenger side of the ECU connectors, are they weatherproof or could moisture get in there and fubar that...
  9. 97stroker

Well it most definitely is NOT the aftermarket radio. I pulled it out this morning, including the aftermarket adapter so it was just the original radio harness and I still cant connect any of my devices to the car. Any other ideas guys?
  10. 97stroker

Mines an 03 so looks like I'll be pulling the radio tomorrow morning! Very helpful reading though
  11. 97stroker

Not really sure what to look for ornery than at the condition of the wires and connectors. All looks fine. It definitely gets power at the connector and it gets the initial red light of the vcds cable and then turns green.
  12. 97stroker

Somewhat of a unique problem. (OBDII not functioning) I have an 03 golf tdi. It had a check engine light but when I hook vagcom to it it cant connect to any modules. I unplugged (to check) all the fuses that had the engine symbol and unplugged 2 relays behind the kick panel and after I did this...
  13. 97stroker

Engine coolant level, temperature light came on

This is the second time this light has come on. It came on six months ago and the coolant level was low and I didn't think setting of it because I had recently replaced the temp sensor. So now it came on again today and the level is low again where should I be looking for leaks? Thanks guys!
  14. 97stroker

Key Fob Reprogramming

Yes!! This was a huge PITA!!! I never got my wifes 04 Jetta figured out. I just ended up taking it to the stealership and paid them 150 bucks!
  15. 97stroker

FS ALH parts

PM sent for some intake parts.
  16. 97stroker

curt hitch '03 golf

Whats the part number for that? Thanks
  17. 97stroker

Clutch and tune questions

Thank you for the well thought out reply, a lot to think about and I will not be making a rash decision about my clutch just to get it shipped this week. This might sound newbish, but again I am a noob! What is the stock flywheel on my 03 Golf ALH (SMF or DMF), and what is the weight? If...
  18. 97stroker

Thanks for the response! 1-I emailed him about a month ago and haven't heard anything back. Anyone else having this issue? 2/3-It seems that if Malone and the clutch kits are going off of flywheel numbers then either clutch kit I get will hold strong than. cause Malone's estimated 235 ft/lbs...
  19. 97stroker

First bit, sorry for the long post, I wanted to be thorough to avoid wasting time answering questions. I have an 03 2dr Golf ALH with a 5sp, all maintenance is up to date and it has no mechanical problems. I bought a stage 3 from Malone and my stock clutch "surprisingly" started slipping lol...
  20. 97stroker

Swapping a ALH into a VR6?

Thanks for the info! I will take all this into consideration! I am still in the planning stages and thinking about my options cause I have a friend with an older Toyota that I am kind of interested in so we will see what happens. I will definitely keep a thread of my build if and when I decide...