Search results

1. david_594

$500 OBO - Steel wheels and 205/55R15 Snow tires(General Altimax)

Sadly I haven't driven my jetta in a year so its time for it and all of the extra bits to go. For sale is a set of OEM 16" steel wheels(5x100) with General altimax snow tires(205-55/r16). ~70% tread left and in good shape over all. The wheels are big enough to clear an Audi TT brake setup...
  2. david_594

Feeler: 2000 Jetta TDI with all the stuff@!

Just typing this post makes me sad. And if you have seen any of my points on my Jetta you would understand why. So I'm finally thinking about selling my Mk4. After 14 years of adding every toy I could want I've finally purchased a replacement for it and I'm torn with what to ultimately do...
  3. david_594

Winter preheater upgrade

So I just figured I'd share a quick project idea I had for my jetta. The girlfriend has taken over the garage parking so my jetta has been demoted to the garage. Until now i've had a Zerostart in my Jetta which has been great for the engine, but I was hoping to add a little extra cabin heat...
  4. david_594

Thule Atlantis 1600xt Cargo carrier on MKIV sedan(Pictures)

So I've been itching to add some extra cargo space to my Jetta and finally broke down and decided to buy a cargo carrier. I already had the Thule load bars so just needed a box. The Thule Atlantis line looked decent and the silver seemed like it would be a close match. I was a little up in...
  5. david_594

Zerostart + Wemo + IFTTT!

This year I've found myself living in a fairly cool climate but with a detached unheated garage and as such I decided to reinstall a Zerostart heater in my car for the easy starting and the rapid cabin heat. Previously I'd always used a programmable outdoor timer to minimize cost. Currently...
  6. david_594

FS: MKIV Jetta 16" LeCastallet GLX rim $50 obo

I've had this alloy rim kicking around for years planning to use it as a spare tire, but have just never gotten around to it. Asking $30 or best offer. Would considering shipping if someone really wants it, otherwise pickup would be in or around Chicopee, MA. I really can't keep it and will...
  7. david_594

WTB: Metalnerd ALH timing belt tools

My jetta will need a belt in its near future and I was hoping to pick up a used set of tools from someone who has moved on from their MK4.
  8. david_594

16" 5x100 Steelies and Blizzak WS-50 Tires - $180 OBO

Up for sale is my winter set of 4 wheels and tires. They have performed great on my Volkswagen MK4 Jetta over the last few years. I'm moving to Boston and will have a 5 minute walk to work so no longer have the need(or the space) for these. This is for a full set of 4 wheels and tires even...
  9. david_594

FS: Mk4 OE spare wheel and tire $50 obo Columbus, OH

Upgraded brakes a few years ago and it has been useless ever since. It's the stock spare that came with my 2000 jetta. I believe it's a 15x6.5" wheel and a 195-65r15 tire. The tire has maybe 100 miles on it in total and no obvious dry rot. Local pickup only in Columbus, OH. Asking $50 or...
  10. david_594

WTB: Mk4 Jetta grill

While driving down the highway last week the center grill on my jetta decided to eject itself. So I'm in the market for a replacement used grill. Color doesn't matter as I plan to paint it, just needs to be undamaged. Let me know what you might have laying around. Thanks!
  11. david_594

Temp housing in Boston in December?

Hey! I know I've been out of the New England for a few years, but I was just wondering if anyone in the boston area might have a room they would be willing to rent out for a couple weeks or know of some other temp housing options? I'm going to doing a two week externship at an animal hospital...
  12. david_594

Interior door panel lower screw repair

So when i went to open my driver door last week it didnt open as smoothly as expected and I realized that the lower half of the door panel was no longer attached. Somehow the plastic behind all 3 screws had broken causing the panel to pull away from the door. I initially planned to buy a new...
  13. david_594

SCC Super Z-6 Tire chains (225/45-17 or 225/40-18) $50 shipped

~~~~~~~~~ These are SOLD ~~~~~~~~~~ I have a set (pair) of SCC Super Z-6 - SZ133 tire chains for sale. They fit 225/45-17 or 225/40-18 wheel/tire combos. The chains are new, and have never been driven on. I test fit them once on my tires in the driveway, and that was it. I've downgraded to...
  14. david_594

Experience with Progressive insurance and MyRate?

Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with MyRate and progressive. Good, bad, indifferent? I've had progressive for a little over a year now and my rate has been pretty cheap and am considering trying out the MyRate to see if I can get any more of a discount.
  15. david_594

FIS/MFA Cluster Failure (dead lines)

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with dead lines in their MFA/FIS clusters? Mine has really gone to hell in the last couple years (initially getting worse during the summer heat with some improvement in the winter) but has gotten to the point of being essentially unusable...
  16. david_594

Need input, Best 17" Tires for Economy?

I know this is a bit of an oxymoron, but I am looking for the best fuel economy oriented tires to fit a mk4/mk5 for a 17" rim. Would love other peoples thoughts on the matter as the selection is pretty limited. None of the economy focused tires are made in this size. I went to 17" rims...
  17. david_594

Mk4 Rear Brake Calipers (pair)

So I have the rear brake calipers and carriers off my 2000 Jetta up for sale. Upgraded to GLI rear brakes, so these functioned just fine when removed. Looking for $50 OBO shipped to anywhere in the continental US. Let me know soon as I need them gone ASAP.
  18. david_594

FS: Heated Cloth Jetta seats.

I have a set of dark gray Heated Velour seats from a 2003 Jetta up for sale. They are in very good shape. Car has never been smoked in. Asking $150 for the front seats and includes the matching rear seats. They are located in Springfield, MA and would need to be picked up. I could drive a...
  19. david_594

Might have blown it up, need opinions?

So here is the history. 2000 Jetta TDI, 5 speed with 130k miles on it, running RC3 since ~80k miles. Around 100k miles I installed a used(german ebay) vnt17 (1749vb) and all was well until about this past January(122k miles). At first I was having issues where I would have no boost for the...
  20. david_594

FS, MK4 Wheel/Tire Combos, Autocross + Snows

Dont know if anyone is interested but I have 2 wheel/tires sets I am looking to get rid of. Both are 5x100 wheels and the tires are the proper diameter for a mk4. Both are located in Springfield, MA and I would be willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet up with anyone. The pictures...