Search results

1. TDI_Votex

Chemical cleaning for turbo vs removal?

This method cured my daughter's Beetle 1999 at 275000 km. It is been 2 years, and the actuator is still smooth and easy to move. When I did it, it was completely stuck wide open.
  2. TDI_Votex

What did you do to your car today?

$300 for an OEM Golf/Jetta windshield, plus $250 for a 2 hours installation and glue and tax (15.5% over here). Had a bit of rust on the upper corners of the frame, and he did a good cleaning and paint job before installing the new one. At any other place, you get no-name third party cheap...
  3. TDI_Votex

Went to the dealer for a new windshield on 03 Bora. Same thing tomorrow for 99 Beetle. Both, at different place and time, received a rock that almost went through the windshield.
  4. TDI_Votex

On the Bora, yesterday, changed front right bearing, removed both drive shaft and front A arm. Today, pressing in some front A arm rear TT bushings, replacing both outer CV joints and swapping of inner CV joints. And new brake, Zimmerman ZCoat + PBR ceramic. Maybe also Prothane honeycombed...
  5. TDI_Votex

Re-installed my a-pillar boost gauge pod on 03 Bora. Didn't like my first install.
  6. TDI_Votex

I have KYB AGX on my 2003 Jetta. Combined with GLI springs and RSB, they are perfect. What I really like is to be able to easily adjust the rear stiffness when I have heavy things in the trunk, or passengers in the back.
  7. TDI_Votex

Installed summers on 03 Bora and 00 Golf. Keeping the 06 Beetle on winters until mid April just in case.
  8. TDI_Votex

Quand enlevez-vous vos pneus d'hiver?

Ma fille (Beetle 1999) à l'université Laval, jusqu'à la fin avril. À la maison, je garde celle de ma douce qui roule le moins (Beetle 2006) sur les snow jusqu'à la mi-avril pour les surprises. Les autres, c'est fin mars.
  9. TDI_Votex

OEM wheel database now has 120 rims!

Hakunamatata's are 42 and they fit perfect on my 03 Jetta. Unless your 43 are 8 inch wide with 235 tires, they will fit ok.
  10. TDI_Votex

My 03 Bora DM flywheel completely digested its springs at 86000 km, and brought the transmission with her, releasing the end shaft bearing from the casing. Replaced the trany under warranty and made the dealer put the G60/VR6 combo I had in stock. No more problem.
  11. TDI_Votex

During the last week, installed my GLI ecode with leveling motor on the Bora. So much height adjustment, it goes from a bit to high, to way to low. I know it is supposed to be adjusted when the pot is at 0, but I'll keep it that way. Also installed a 42DD pillar pod with VDO boost gauge. Love...
  12. TDI_Votex

FS - OEM butt connectors!!

Received my order today. Thanks
  13. TDI_Votex

timing belt

Mes deux ailes avant (Jetta 2003) ont été changés gratos en 2009, et j'en ai aussi une que la peinture commence à décoller sur le bord interne de la tole. La peinture d'un débosseur n'est pas comparable à celle d'origine. Le problème avec la garantie contre la perforation c'est que tu dois...
  14. TDI_Votex

LF: softcode to disable ESP but keep ASR

Someone reported having successfully disable ESP by subtracting 2048 from there actual ABS coding.
  15. TDI_Votex

Changement de suspension

C'est pas rare que volksale sur VWQuebec (Marc) a des coils et shock de 20th ou 337 usagé en très bon état.
  16. TDI_Votex

Finally took the time to wire and install the rear fog on my wife New Beetle 2006. Not the round one, the newer long one. Picture to come. This was been sitting on a shelf for two years.
  17. TDI_Votex

FS Rear fog kit and euroswitch

Just received my MK6 euro-switch. This is not a current item for Claudio, but he did it. For eSwitch, he's the best.
  18. TDI_Votex

My VNT was stuck open and was hard to move, even with a 5/8" open key on the lever end. I used this method and it is still moving easily after 1½ years. So the "only to be followed with more of the same" does not apply to my case, and to the majority of those that have used EO. Have you read...
  19. TDI_Votex

Whitedog, I remember this post (#69) in this thread.
  20. TDI_Votex

Sold the Lexus CT200h, embraced the '12 TDI

The visibility of almost all options can be switch on/off by long coding with VCDS. Looks like there are no standard out of factory coding.