Search results

1. 3turboz

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

My wife and I both love the 328d after 5 weeks and about 1,100 miles. First time she has ever noticed a car's handling. Averaging 41 mpg combined to boot! About time for my first oil change.
  2. 3turboz

looking for best bank for buck VW diesel

This might be of interest. https://www.myturbodiesel.com/d2/1000q/a5/2005-2006-VW-Jetta-TDI-buying-guide.htm
  3. 3turboz

looking for best bank for buck VW diesel

2014 got IRS in all Jettas, before that only came on GLI in North America. Pretty sure rear discs came late to the party as well. When I was looking at Jettas I was only looking at 2014-15 for that reason (IRS). Of course the MK7 GSW guys will tell you that the torsion beam handles just...
  4. 3turboz

fell genuine Metalnerd ALH timing tool set - AZ

SOLD Full genuine Metalnerd ALH timing tool set - AZ SOLD! Full 7 piece set as seen here for $222 new is half price used! http://www.metalnerd.com/part-mna4kit7pc---a4nb-timing-belt-tool-kit Used 4 times I think the only wear part on these will be the 5mm allen as those valve cover bolts are...
  5. 3turboz

Anyone gone from a TDI to a TSI?

What is the failure mode?
  6. 3turboz

Great info, What is the best place to buy ISTA? I see a download on ebay or from bimmerdiagnostics.com. Are they both legit? Looks like they are both out of the UK.
  7. 3turboz

OK, pulled the trigger on a 2014 328d sedan. Kind of plain Jane as it has no nav. Has everything else I need though. 60k miles, $12.5k This is "my wife's car" but since I drive whenever we are together i will get a lot of seat time. She has commented several times already that she likes the...
  8. 3turboz

I have a deal in the works on a 328d. Owner is upside down and needs to clear the lien before we can complete the transaction. It must suck to have to write a check to sell your car! There is one I would have rather bought is east TX, but the cost of the travel to make it work just did not...
  9. 3turboz

How much does the x drive impact MPG on the 328d?
  10. 3turboz

wading the waters, opinions please.

I don't know, several (6) cars I have looked at recently have sold while I pondered. I have also found dealers generally unwilling to dicker too much. From my shopping the price on the 15 GSW seems high, but that is a rare combo with super low miles. I too am looking to replace a similarly...
  11. 3turboz

I should have taken a photo. It scoots along pretty well without a tune. Of course it is hard to leave well enough alone.
  12. 3turboz

Thinking of joining the SSBMWO with a 328d. Looked at a couple now and found a nice one with 67k miles on the clock. How much soot on the tailpipe is normal? Digital rectal exam showed a light coating, but the bottom of the tailpipe is black. After ruling out a Jetta due to DPF failure...
  13. 3turboz

Buyback Car Availability

Glad you found one. Sounds like a great price for the miles. Hope you can avoid flying animals in the future.
  14. 3turboz

MK7 TDI Sedan Owners - Would you buy again?

Good point, I guess the Golf is a hatchback. I'm just used to a 2 door Golf.
  15. 3turboz

MK7 TDI Sedan Owners - Would you buy again?

Edit: I meant hatchback, but cant edit the title. After parting with my beloved MK4 (see profile picture) I have been looking for another TDI. I have been looking at Jettas as we wanted a functional back seat for occasional use. After considering a 328d and deciding I could probably make do...
  16. 3turboz

Buyback Car Availability

The used car lots and auto dealers are chock full of them now. I have been using Autotempest to search as it shows you cars.com, truecar, ebay, and craigslist. Here is a search for GSW diesel from your location, sorted by distance...
  17. 3turboz

BMW 328d (F30): Current options for engine tuning?

Looks like Kerma started selling 328d tunes in 2019 that leave the emissions intact. 2014-15 can be flashed and 16-18 require the ECU to be sent in. For full race JR tuning has full delete tunes.
  18. 3turboz

2013 Passat 6M Buyback Black Hole

How are the fixed 2015s? Do they have DPF problems or is that just the 2014 and older Jettas?
  19. 3turboz

DPF failure data collection

Probably the latter, if it will pass a visual and not throw a code. I was shopping for a 14 or 15 Jetta to replace my old ALH Golf. Having read this entire thread I am about ready to cross off the 14. I am sure this may be relatively rare, but if it happens to you (or me) it sounds like a...
  20. 3turboz

Tucson,AZ

I'm in Phoenix and between TDIs right now. Just let my Y2K Golf go to a friend who really needed a car. I really loved it, but it was a 4th car in the stable and I have trouble keeping up. Looking at 14-15 Jettas to possibly replace my wifes 2013 Escape 2.0T. The market is flooded with...