Search results

1. R

Might be delete time?

2011 JSW 6MT 200K miles. Bought it with 55K 3.5 years ago. Has been an awesome car. steady 45-46 mpg. Did a TB/WP at 120K, got a new intake from VW around 125 when it developed the issue with the throttle sensor. Last 10-15K miles I get a CEL that comes and goes and also, on a warm start, I...
  2. R

RCD 510 Premium 8 lost power

This happened last winter. Been living without the radio or using a portable BT speaker. Haven't driven the car a whole lot, but getting tired of not having it, so time to fix/repair. I was driving the car at night, pouring rain/snow mix. Radio was on, playing something through phone via BT...
  3. R

WTB: RCD 510 Premium 8 replacement

Mine died. Would like something that I can plug in and use all wheel buttons. Aftermarket is fine, preferred actually as it seems these things dying is normal.
  4. R

2011 JSW radio went dark

Yesterday afternoon while driving on the interstate for a few hours my radio appeared to lose power with no warning. One minute I am listening to a youtube podcast on phone through bluetooth, the next moment, nothing. No lights at all on radio. Did some research on internet. I checked the 15A...
  5. R

P2002 code yesterday

Read codes at AZ this morning. It cleared the CEL. 154K miles, '11 JSW 6MT Should I expect it to come back? Any advice appreciated. I did get a new intake from VW under warranty at about 120K last fall. Pretty sure I'm out of warranty, so I am open to mods, mainly for mpg, reliability...
  6. R

P2002 code while driving last night

Near the end of about a 550 mile day I got a CEL maybe about 10 miles after filling up the tank. Took it to AZ this morning and pulled the codes. P2002. Scanning it reset the CEL. Haven't driven a lot, maybe 25 miles since with no recurrence. It is an '11 JSW 6MT. 154K miles. VW replaced the...
  7. R

'11 JSW 6MT 120K miles. Time for a tune/delete?

Just got a new intake courtesy of VW warranty (P2015 code). I plan to do the dieselgeek fix to avoid future P2015 issues. I am also considering a tune/possible delete as I think I am about out of warranty. Everytime I try to read the warranty definition, I just get a headache! Can someone...
  8. R

Improved mpg after new intake?

Just got a new intake on my '11 JSW 6MT, by Lia VW, warranty coverage, after P2015 CEL. Kudos to Lia!!!! The first dealer I called said it wouldn't likely be covered. They are in Enfield, Ct. Yesterday on a drive I make frequently, I did a fair bit better than usual for that drive according to...
  9. R

Time to delete/tune?

Bought my '11 JSW 6MT about 18 months ago with 55k. Had absolutely no issues until a CEL a few weeks ago at 119K. P2015 code. Called Langan VW in Vernon, Ct. I was told only the HPFP and one other thing, forget what it was, was covered by the warranty. Then called Lia VW in Enfield, Ct. They...
  10. R

Dip stick oil sucker thingy

Who uses this method for changes? I have for each of my '11 JSW's changes and I love it. I could change my oil in a suit if I wanted too. No crawling on the ground or taking the 49 screws out that hold the belly pan in place to get at the drain plug. The 50 bucks or whatever it was I paid...
  11. R

Best tire pressure

Recently bought a set of General Altimax RT43 tires, 205/55R16. Very happy so far. They ride nice, quiet and handle well. Stopped to check the pressure a few days ago. Didn't ask the tech what he filled them to, so I checked the door jamb label which says 35 front/rear. When I checked them...
  12. R

Engine off coasting a TDI.

I have a '11 JSW 6MT. Have owned since april. I have put a bit over 30K miles on it. A lot of work driving. I have gotten between 42-46 mpg (measured by odometer/pump readings). I have found that warm weather does yield better mpg. I am sure part of this is the decreased air drag of warm...
  13. R

WTB Winter wheels/snow tires for Mk6 JSW

Would like both, but will settle for wheels if the price is right. Aluminum/steel is fine. Don’t have to be pretty. I am in CT. Work all over southern New England and occasionally northern New England. Can’t imagine they’d be worth shipping. From distant areas. Sent from my iPhone using...
  14. R

Sudden improvement in mileage

'11 JSW 6MT Bought in mid april with 55K miles. Have had a very steady 42-43 mpg since. Might have done 44 on an all hiway trip a few months ago. The last 2 fillups have been 46, 44. If anything, I have had more city driving. Current mileage is 73K. (Yeah, I drive it a bit for work)...
  15. R

rear tire wear on inside.

My 11 JSW just got its first oil change. When it was on the lift I noticed some pretty drastic wear to the inside of both rear tires. When I bought the car, a few months and 11K miles ago, the tires looked close to new. My mechanic (Mike from 413 auto, who I found here) said it could just...
  16. R

Should I listen to my shift nanny?

For the most part, it seems to be pretty good, but I find that in low load conditions (level ground or downhill) it's calling for a downshift, but I tell it to STFU as I am doing just fine lopping along at 1100 rpms. There are some times when it seems to lose it's freaking mind and get stuck...
  17. R

Wobble under braking from high speed.

I have a new to me '11 JSW 6MT, 58K miles. When I brake from anything much over 70 mph, I get a pretty strong wobble as if I have a warped rotor. Don't get it braking from 50. Also, I have a bit of a vibration in the front end starting around 70. I attribute this to wheel balance. I am going...
  18. R

MT oil

I am the new owner of an '11 JSW 6MT. 55K miles. I assume the trans oil is original. Oil has been changed. Brake fluid is being flushed before I pick it up. Should I do the trans as well? If so, recommendations? I don't see the MT mentioned in the maintenance schedule. And yes, I did search...
  19. R

Has anyone bought back their buyback?

Did VW make any provisions to assist with this? I realize that once VW bought it back, they were under no obligation to eventually sell it back to the original owner, but it does seem like it would be a nice thing to do. I am sure their are owners out there that would want to do that as...
  20. R

Partially heated seats.

I am the new owner of an '11 JSW. It has heated pleather seats. I love heated seats, or more accurately, my stiff lower back loves them. My nether regions.....not so much. Things down there get sweaty enough as it is without help from a heated seat. So, my question is, how difficult would it...