Search results

1. P

Sad Farewell

Completed my buyback process yesterday. It was a sad farewell. The Jetta was my first new car out of college. It was in excellent condition, and I had every intention to own this car until over 200K miles. But with this scandal and the buyback it was the best financial decision for myself to...
  2. P

TDI Replacement : (

This pains me to write but i figured I would get some input on here. So knowing that something is coming from VW along the lines of either repair ( NERF) and cash or a buyback + cash I have started looking at replacements. I am afraid that if I let them neuter my TDI that I have loved over the...
  3. P

Fs: Ziza led drls

Sold.
  4. P

FS: mk6 jetta headlights

Sold.
  5. P

Intercooler cleaning

Living in Florida leads to lots of lovebugs and I would like to clean out the fins of my intercooler. Ive done some reading here and elsewhere and would like some opinions on our TDIs specifically. If someone has used a fin tool what TPI did you determine out intercooler to have? Did you have...
  6. P

ECS Tuning Fog Light wire harness failure

I installed the aftermarket fog light kit from ECS 2 years ago. I have had 0 problems and am over all happy with the kit. I noticed my fog lights were no longer coming on today while sitting at a stop light. I hadnt changed the bulbs since installed so i first changed one out to no avail. next...
  7. P

Remote Start

I did a search on here and google and cant find much on remote starts. The main jist is they are useless for warming up a TDI and to try and get one with canbus. That being said, I live in Florida and am not interested with heating up the car, quite the opposite, I would like to have the cabin...
  8. P

Pepboys recommends "any 5W30 Engine oil"

I was looking to get some oil that meets the 507.0 VW spec for my TDI over the weekend and tried to save a trip to the dealer. Went into my local Pepboys and asked the guy to look up if they had any in stock. here is how it goes. Me: looking for oil, 2011 VW Jetta TDI Diesel PEPBOY: takes 5W30...
  9. P

Fuel System Cleaning, Rip?

Did a quick search and didnt find anything on this. This is my first diesel but not first time at the rodeo when it comes to car repair/maintenance. I had my '11 in for the 30k service and they wanted to run a "fuel system cleaner" Now I know with gassers this is a great scam and I can do it my...
  10. P

Malone Stage 1.5

I know that I saw some dyno charts somewhere for Mark's Stage 1.5. But I can seem to find them anywhere (searched here and google). Does anyone know where they might be hiding?
  11. P

Lamin-X Fog Light Film

Has anyone installed the Blue Lamin-X film on their Fogs? If so do they look nice? Pics would be great. I am trying to decide between blue and clear. Any one with either please tell me your thoughts.
  12. P

FS: Lower Outer grill and headlight switch MK6

I have the lower outer grill sections (where fog lights go) from my 2011 jetta sedan. These DO NOT have the hole for fog lights though. They retail from VW for $54 each. I will sell the set for $60 obo + shipping(should be able to put them in a flat rate box for 15). I also have the OEM...