Search results

1. tdipdphd

what i would like to do with my jetta wagon mkIV...

has anyone done the following mods - if not, can anyone advise if there is a way to do this? 1. add the integrated blinker style door mirrors like the mkV on the mkIV? i would love to have those on my wagon. 2. add the ability for the hatch door to open and lift by itself using the remote like...
  2. tdipdphd

New Limited Vehicle Warranty for VW MY09....

Haven't seen this addressed yet on tdiclub.com. VWoA will begin with MY2009 their New Limited Vehicle Warranty which basically reduces the current 4yr/50Kmiles limited bumper to bumper warranty to 3 year / 36K miles. However, this includes all scheduled maintenance at 10K, 20K, and 30K to be...
  3. tdipdphd

tire replacements....when to do so even if...

okay maybe it's a bit premature to think about this and maybe not. my tires seem fine actually and the vehicle will be 4 years old at the end of 2007. i am predicting at the end of four years, i will have put on approx. 32-34K miles on the vehicle. **** even if there was nothing wrong...
  4. tdipdphd

Upcoming trip from Wash DC to Brownsville TX

:D This will be my second trip going from Washington DC to Brownville TX. I will be doing a round trip in May. My other shorter long trek was from Washington DC to Houston TX. **** I like driving the jetta wagon TDI with my cat in tow and all my stuff in the cargo area. This year, I...
  5. tdipdphd

Feeler: 04 jetta wagon gls tdi leather pkg

may consider selling my 04 jetta wagon gls that comes with leather package and has had all service maintenance work done at extraordinary VW dealership; all service records available. one owner: me. non-smoker vehicle. current mileage: approx. 21,850 purchased: jan 2004 / so i am averaging...
  6. tdipdphd

PD Oil Changes - Anyone doing every 5K?

Have: 04 TDIpd Jetta Wagon GLS Mileage to date: 15,600 miles Last oil Change: 10,210 miles Driving Conditions: Lots of stop and go traffic, Lots of heavy traffic, lots of city driving (weekends are for highway driving), Is DC weather considered Severe Weather? After the 10K miles maintenance, I...
  7. tdipdphd

PD Oil Changes - Anyone doing every 5K?

UBB5-ML-923660-ML-
  8. tdipdphd

Very bad trade in value for 04 TDI - Observation

As I know, it's best to sell your car on your own and not do a trade at dealer. I was tempted to move up to a Passat Wagon, but I wasn't getting the trade in figures I wanted for my 04 Jetta Wagon GLS TDIpd, 5spd, Leather Package, ESP. Had 15300 miles on it at the time. Not even a year old...
  9. tdipdphd

Very bad trade in value for 04 TDI - Observation

UBB3-ML-923654-ML-
  10. tdipdphd

04 TDIpd - Experiencing "Rough Idle"/"Hesitation"

04 TDIpd - Experiencing \"Rough Idle\"/\"Hesitation\" This is a topic that is getting some attention over at VW Vortex so I decided to bring it here - at least beginning with what I am experiencing. Car: 2004 TDIpd Jetta Wagon GLS 5spd Purchase: January 6, 2004 Mileage To Date: 1300 miles...