Search results

1. mydeathbynapalm

NoVA/DC Vag-Com help. Car parked...not safe to drive...

So I've been trying to sort out a brake problem on my car, and it was suggested to have a VAG-COM check done on the ABS system. I am leaning towards the brake booster being the issue(see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=296440 ) But I can't really drive the car (2002 Golf)...
  2. mydeathbynapalm

Brake Booster Failure?

So I've been dealing with a potential brake booster failure on my 2002 Golf. I have replaced all the vacuum lines in the car, including the hard lined vacuum pump to booster. There has been no difference with those replacements. The white/black check valve appears to function fine as well...
  3. mydeathbynapalm

Swaybar bushings...the numbers aren't adding up...

Through my searches part # 1j0411314c is superseded by part # 1j0411314r. Part numbers ending in 'g' were superseded by the 't' - 23mm. But since when did a 2002 TDI come with a 21mm sway bar?(as the 'r' is 21mm...as is the 'c' according to searches I've done) I don't have a means to measure...
  4. mydeathbynapalm

Anyone with a spare 'Window Reapir Kit'...Right Front...DC Area?

Fortunately the weather is great...right now...but my '02 finally suffered the 'fall of the window' while I was on the road this afternoon. I don't think the window is broken. I have yet to pull the panel off, but I suspect the clips broke. Seeing how this is the end of the day Friday and...
  5. mydeathbynapalm

Anyone in NoVA handy with Vag-Com for a quick read?

handled. no worries :) thread can be removed.
  6. mydeathbynapalm

The mysterious 'blob' in my sealed diesel container...

So I dumped in a 5 gallon container of diesel stored since late Oct... Said container was sealed, sitting in the same dark location and otherwise undisturbed until I opened it to put in the Golf. I usually don't put every last drop in just as there always seems to be flecks of this and that; and...
  7. mydeathbynapalm

Because I had time to kill...Oil Filters Side by Side

I did a quick search and didn't really find much info on the oil filters for the MKIV ALH...and what the differences (if any) there are. I've never done an oil analysis, nor did I want to dig through the threads on that to see if people had done any analysis with all else (relatively) equal...
  8. mydeathbynapalm

Engine Side Skirts FS

Pass side: 1J0 825 250G (Has a hit on the rear and a piece broke off...though all mount tabs/holes fine!) Drive Side: 1J0 825 245J (Great condition) Both have been modified (holes cut) for a skid of some sort. I was sent these by accident when the seller switched what I and another had...
  9. mydeathbynapalm

FS: SDI type cast manifolds (fit 8v TDI) Think 'performance mod'.

Edit: Ok. I have ONE VW SDI cast aluminum intake manifold (REMAINING) I am looking to sell. My '02 Golf has had one on since Feb '08 with no issues. In fact...I really like it! Mine is off the 1X coded engine. I have 1 available off the 1Y engine. Manifold inlet(with bolts) IS included...
  10. mydeathbynapalm

Random MKIV pieces I'm selling off...will be at Impex Fest too.

So here is the list of what I have for sale(still). Send PMs with questions. I'll add photos and such where I see fit. MAKE OFFERS! (prices listed do not include shipping) -Stock SMIC w/ shroud for ALH(can separate) $75 for both -Stock intake manifold for ALH $100 (no buildup inside!) -Stock...
  11. mydeathbynapalm

Engine Mount Time. People use the INA? Or?

What are people doing about engine mounts on their modded engines? I had been planning on refreshing the engine mounts in my '02 once I hit 100K, but that is happening a few thousand miles sooner given my recent clutch issues.(though I have to wait a month after returning from some travels)...
  12. mydeathbynapalm

Clutch Failures...Causes?

So I am dealing with a failed clutch (won't know the whole story for another month when I get back in town and can deal directly with my car). Who all has has a clutch fail? Have a part break - not just worn out and slip. If so...what brand? How? What part? What flywheel? My aftermarket -...
  13. mydeathbynapalm

Looking to trade my Old Navy CCV...

Anyone want to trade their OE CCV puck for an Old Navy? Not a free swap mind you. :p I have 5 used, but clean filters to go with.(so they aren't pretty and white any more!) $80 + your stock (good condition - not broken!) CCV puck. If you're in the greater Washington, DC area...even better...
  14. mydeathbynapalm

Anyone in NoVA w/ VAGCOM available Sun Evening?

I need to do some tests...I guess I can wait until Monday...but would like to know what's up now! :p Just did some drag racing today...and my boost decided to say bye bye during the first run...so ran like poop today. (boost was just fine on the drive to the track.) Turbo isn't blown...or I...
  15. mydeathbynapalm

'New' Intake manifold - photos

So I finally got my 'new' intake manifold on my '02 Golf. It's off of a 1X coded engine (non-turbo VW T4 from the early '90s). Had to do a bit of cutting/grinding on the backside in order for it to clear the EGR port (now used for EGT probe - ala MCA) and oil feed line for the turbo.(material...
  16. mydeathbynapalm

Inlet diameter on the VNT17/22 hybrid...

For those who are running the vnt17/22 (or 17/52...whatever you want to call it) being offered. What is the inlet diameter to the compressor?(really the o.d. measurement as I need to have this # for the shop making me some pipes including the T.I.P. - and I don't have the turbo yet :p) My...
  17. mydeathbynapalm

Not much to go on...but Experiencing excessive vibration under acceleration.

Not sure where to post this, so shooting for here. What are some symptoms of a bad clutch (other than slippage)? Vehicle in question is a 2002 ALH, pretty heavily modded, using a windowed kevlar clutch with solid/SM lb flywheel.(clutch/Flywheel have a little under 40K miles on them) Also had an...
  18. mydeathbynapalm

Likely moving to Knoxville mid-2008...anyone?

So I've never passed through the "South Eastern" section before and just wanted to drop a line as I'll likely be moving to Knoxville, TN come mid-2008. Anyone in this area? I've driven through the area plenty and have had a brief stay...likely to be in the area for @5 years. cheers.
  19. mydeathbynapalm

Feeler for a 2.5" stainless side-exit exhaust by GHL...MKIV

I think it's time for me to move on from the 2.5" side-exit exhaust I've had on my car for a couple years now. (granted I'm moving towards a 3" turbo back...so yeah...) This is for a MKIV. What I am putting a feeler out to see if there is interest over is a catback 2.5" stainless steel...
  20. mydeathbynapalm

Possible CV going out/driveshaft insight needed

I'm a little out of my element with diagnosing driveline issues...but here is what I got. 2002 ALH Golf 5sp with a few ticks over 87000 miles. Been chipped and modded (more over the miles) since 32,000. Over the last maybe 2000 miles felt a slight knocking in the foot well(left foot on dead...