Search results

1. mydeathbynapalm

FS: SDI type cast manifolds (fit 8v TDI) Think 'performance mod'.

Winter bump. Yes, 1 manifold is still available.
  2. mydeathbynapalm

I've been away from the boards for some time and had an inquiry as to whether I have one of these manifolds left, and indeed I do. PM me if interested. Thanks.
  3. mydeathbynapalm

Mounts: OEM vs 034 vs BFI

034 dogbone shredded in less than 27,000 miles on my car. I put the OEM one back in until I figure out what to do next. Issue was with the round pressed in bushing at the front of the mount. I hope the engine mounts last a fair bit longer ;)
  4. mydeathbynapalm

Use of Additives with B2 vs D2

The testing results: http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/general/2-cycle-oil/hfrr/hfrr.htm Thread: http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f33/fuel-addative-lubricity-study-231198/
  5. mydeathbynapalm

Any trusted TDI mechanics near Blacksburg, VA

Very good to know they are there. I have family in Floyd, albeit with no TDI. But seeing how I've been looking at property down there for a while now...good to see there is a possible quality shop!
  6. mydeathbynapalm

Intake manifold upgrade

Photo in that link(below quote) is my 2002 MKIV Golf. Works. :) Original Poster... If you plan on running the Turbo Inlet Pipe through the stock location, you will very likely need to grind that CCV port on the front of the 1Y manifold and fill the hole into the plenum. The 1X manifold require...
  7. mydeathbynapalm

I have one of these manifolds left. Drop a line if you're interested.
  8. mydeathbynapalm

Power window repair

Were the window clips plastic or metal? I don't know off the top of my head if 2004 MKIVs had the metal clips or not. If yours were plastic, you may want to update before the plastic shatters. I had my passenger side window crash on me... Check this photo to compare what was in your door...
  9. mydeathbynapalm

Bigger downpipe = adjustment in boost?

Weather plays a roll in overboost too. I would see creep on cold days (winter 30s and below), and never on hotter(Spring/Summer/early Fall) days. 2.5" on a vnt15 RC III ASV tune. Saw the creep prior to adding R32 intake snorkle. Large 6"x6"x8" SMIC in use w/ healthy ducting and rear venting...
  10. mydeathbynapalm

TDI lite flywheel

MeTsU - Daily Driver on my 14lb single mass.
  11. mydeathbynapalm

Brake Booster Failure?

Meant to revive this thread. Repair completed. This thread is a great DIY - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4461321-Brake-Booster-DIY-2003-24V-ABS-and-Stability-control&highlight=brake+booster Couple of additional points. Remove the metal knee bash plate under the steering column to...
  12. mydeathbynapalm

Any MD, DC, Va local TDI around

NoVA here.(NW Fairfax County) Just finished replacing the brake booster on my car a couple days ago. Wasn't as painful to do as I though it'd be ;) cheers.
  13. mydeathbynapalm

TDI lite flywheel

Since when? Realizing you all have different models over there, but I never worry about stalling the engine running a 14lb flywheel. Again, I never have this issue. I can roll from a stop letting the clutch out and not needing to feather the throttle. I can do so go up slight inclines as well...
  14. mydeathbynapalm

Brake Booster Failure?

^^^^Who & where?^^^^ Not looking to pay for towing, and I am a fair distance away from Baltimore ;) As for the fluid ever being changed...every 2 years! And there was a partial flush when I had the TT brakes put on the front. Fluid shouldn't be the (cause of the) issue. At least I have other...
  15. mydeathbynapalm

NoVA/DC Vag-Com help. Car parked...not safe to drive...

My thoughts exactly... Just trying to eliminate other issues before dropping the $ on a booster...and then the time it takes to get the old out and the new in... Still needing a VAG COM check :) Maybe I should just order it and the cable considering the lack of mobility of the car at the moment...
  16. mydeathbynapalm

Dude! Yes! The last 3 digits there are mine. I'll take you for a spin in the other fun car here ;) We'll sort out a time. Thanks!
  17. mydeathbynapalm

Brake Booster Failure?

Check valve direction is correct and appears to function properly. I reversed it for kicks and boost went adios, and same issue on the brake pedal. Vacuum lines have all been replaced.(within the last week with firm silicone lines) Routing is totally redone as EGR was deleted.(and has been for...
  18. mydeathbynapalm

So I've been trying to sort out a brake problem on my car, and it was suggested to have a VAG-COM check done on the ABS system. I am leaning towards the brake booster being the issue(see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=296440 ) But I can't really drive the car (2002 Golf)...