Search results

1. J

Frost Heater Install

Is anyone in the Kansas City area able to help me install a frost heater on my 2012 Golf ?
  2. J

F/S: 2015 Golf TDI SEL - KC area - 24k, $18k

There is a nice looking Golf TDI SEL on the Kansas City Craigslist as of 12-17-17. Blue, DSG automatic, low miles, was a repo by Volkswagen credit. I have no relationship to the seller, so do not reply or contact me. This post is for informational purposes only to any interested buyer.
  3. J

F/S: 2015 Golf TDI SEL - KC area - 24k, $18k

There is a nice looking Golf TDI SEL on the Kansas City Craigslist as of 12-17-17. Blue, DSG automatic, low miles, was a repo by Volkswagen credit. I have no relationship to the seller, so do not reply or contact me. This post is for informational purposes only to any interested buyer.
  4. J

Free 2012 Golf belly pan - Kansas City area

Free plastic belly pan from 2012 Golf - Lenexa, Kansas
  5. J

Is a ventectomy possible on 2012 Golf ?

We did a ventectomy on our 2003 Golf TDI when it was about 1 year old. We now have a 2012 Golf TDI as well, and are intereted in doing the same. Is it possible to do a ventectomy on a 2012 Golf ? If so will it cause any problems or possibly invalidate the factory warranty? If it is...
  6. J

VW Steel Skid Plate for 2012 Golf ?

Does anyone know if Volkswagen sells a STEEL skid plate for the 2012 Golf? If I called a dealer's parts department, would they even know what I am talking about? We have one on our 2003 Golf TDI, and it has saved us several times. It is a VW part, which I prefer over the after market skid...
  7. J

FREE 15" steel wheels - KC area only

Someone has already claimed these wheels. Thanks for looking. FREE --- Set of four used 15" steel wheels. Bolt pattern is 5 x 100. No shipping... pick up only in Lenexa, Kansas. If you are interested, please send me a private message which includes your real name and phone number. If I don't...
  8. J

Steel wheels in KC area --- cheap!

I have some used steel wheels for sale in the Kansas City area. They are 15 inch wheels with a 5 x 100 bolt pattern. They came off of a 2003 Golf about 5 years ago and are just taking up space in my garage. I have a picture of one wheel on the Kansas City Craigs List website. I am asking $40 for...
  9. J

Free engine covers in KC area

These are now gone. Thank you to Mark for taking them out of my basement!
  10. J

Leather Shift Boot

This post is for informational purposes only. I do not have anything for sale myself, but I would like to recommend a person who makes and sells high quality leather shift boots for a reasonable price. Recently, my "fake leather" shift boot started to wear out, so I bought a leather one from...
  11. J

Intake cleaning and TB change

Is intake cleaning something you wait and do when your car starts to run like a dog, or it is something you need to do periodically BEFORE the car runs like a dog? My car is just about to roll over 60k miles, and it runs great. Is intake cleaning something I need to start thinking about and...
  12. J

Shift boot question

My 2003 Golf has a "simulated leather" shift boot that is starting to wear out. I am thinking about buying one that is real leather. Is a stock GTI shift boot real leather, and if so, is there a better (cheaper) place to buy one than the dealer? Thanks for any helpful information.
  13. J

WTB: New leather shift boot for '03 Golf

My 2003 Golf has a "simulated leather" shift boot that is starting to wear out. I am thinking about buying one that is real leather. Is a stock GTI shift boot real leather, and if so, is there a better (cheaper) place to buy one than the dealer? Thanks for any helpful information.
  14. J

New '06 Golf Auto --- $1,400 under MSRP

FYI - In case anyone is interested, I just saw a loaded Golf on eBay for $1,440 UNDER sticker price. MSRP is $21,941 according to the ad Buy it Now price: $20,500 It is located at a dealer in Butler, PA It appears to have all options, including auto transmission. To find it...
  15. J

SOLD: 2003 Golf GLS TDI with ESP and low miles

SOLD: As of May 6th, this car is no longer for sale on E-Bay. The dealer must have found a buyer. I am not selling this car myself, but it seems like a nice low mileage car, so I am passing the info along to anyone who might be interested... 2003 Golf GLS TDI 4-door Silver with Black...
  16. J

FS: 2003 Golf GLS TDI on E-Bay for $15k

I saw this Golf on E-Bay and thought someone might want to snap it up. Per the pictures, it has a few minor scratches on it, but has a "Buy It Now" price of only $14,999. I am not affiliated with this car or the seller... I just wanted to let everyone know about it in case someone wants to get...
  17. J

Free suspension upgrade!

I bought a used 2003 Golf GL TDI a few months ago and immediately noticed that the front struts tend to "bottom out" on bumpy roads much more easily than my previous car (a 1998 Golf GL). I posted the problem on this forum and got plenty of feedback. Several people stated that the stock A4...
  18. J

A4 suspension question

I currently own a 2003 Golf GL TDI, and my previous car was a 1998 Golf GL (gasoline). When going over certain road bumps at about 25 mph, my TDI makes a loud thud sound, almost as if a strut's travel limit is being reached. My previous Golf did not do this at the same speed over the same...
  19. J

Timing belt change interval of 100,000 miles?

I recently bought a used 2003 Golf TDI. After reviewing the owner's manual, it appears that the timing belt change interval is 100,000 miles. Does this sound right to you guys, or am I just reading the manual wrong? I have seen change intervals on this forum as low as 55,000 miles, but that...
  20. J

Timing belt change interval of 100,000 miles?

I recently bought a used 2003 Golf TDI. After reviewing the owner's manual, it appears that the timing belt change interval is 100,000 miles. Does this sound right to you guys, or am I just reading the manual wrong? I have seen change intervals on this forum as low as 55,000 miles, but that...