Search results

1. FuelJetA

Bone stock 2003 TDI Jetta Sedan, new MAF issue ???

The old MAF was clearly bad and killing the power. I ran it for 500 miles to get it home with the MAF unplugged. Bought a new MAF, installed it, power came back in a huge way, but the CEL came back on. I haven't run the codes yet, but I will. Any idea what the issue is...
  2. FuelJetA

Need a downpipe...

Don't beat me up too badly, but I'm still running the stock exhaust. The reason for this is that I need a downpipe and I don't know where to get one and with kids and all, it has not been a priority. :rolleyes: Can someone give me a link to a good used or new one? I will have the exhaust built...
  3. FuelJetA

Does a 2.0 MAF Add Power?

I did a search but can't find a thing about this? Can anyone tell me if this will add a few ponies? My current setup is in my sig. Thanks!
  4. FuelJetA

The Death of a Turbo...and then some...

2001 Jetta TDI: So, installed new timing belt, new clutch and short shifter, manifold cleaning and new Sprint 520s. The turbo had been sticking (Positive Overboost code) but I worked it several times and got it moving pretty nicely so the limp went away. The car has a race EGR kit on it and a...
  5. FuelJetA

Overboost, but not really!

Hey everyone, Just had my 2001 Jetta TDI done by a great mechanic out in Austin. Been having a limp issue and and the Vagcom says that it has positive overboost of 36 psi, but the mechanical gauge spikes up to 18 at most and settles in nicely at 15psi. The mechanicals are moving, the...
  6. FuelJetA

Overboost, but not really!

Hey everyone, Just had my 2001 Jetta TDI done by a great mechanic out in Austin. Been having a limp issue and and the Vagcom says that it has positive overboost of 36 psi, but the mechanical gauge spikes up to 18 at most and settles in nicely at 15psi. The mechanicals are moving, the manifold...
  7. FuelJetA

Timing belt, paid help needed at my house.

In the Houston area, I am looking for someone with TDI experience to help me do the timing belt. I will pay you for your time and travel. If you have the tools, I would pay a rental charge. I do need help with what exactly I need to do the job. PM me! Thanks!
  8. FuelJetA

Wetteraur and my EGR

Anyone know if the Wetteraur chip has the EGR CEL turned off? I'm hoping it does b/c I just ordered the EGR delete.
  9. FuelJetA

Best Parts Suppliers, Ones to Avoid..

I need to get a timing belt kit for my 01, I need a serpentine tensioner as well. I'd like to get some .205 nozzles as well. I need shocks and struts. HELP! There are so many shady dealers on the web, I don't know where to turn. Is there a place that I can buy all this stuff in one shot...
  10. FuelJetA

Nifty Way to Fix a Brake Booster Line...

1/2" PEX. Just cut away the cracked area, cut the PEX to fit over the old line by a good ways (it fit VERY tightly, so you might want to use a little lube to get it over the old line) then leave enough for the nipple and slip the nipple snugly into the PEX line. Presto. Done. I tried a bunch...
  11. FuelJetA

Brake Issues and Now a Light.

2001 TDI 5-speed, 145k miles. Big brake conversion at 83k. New rotors all around at 123k, a new rear caliper at 123k and new pads all around at 123k, showing normal wear. No brake noises or shimmy. I have been having some strange brake issues for months now, but nothing that would stop me...
  12. FuelJetA

I Messed Up and Can't Figure Out Now!!! HELP!!!!

I Messed Up and Can't Fix It!!! FUEL FILTER/PUMP HELP!!!! I was helping a friend with his stock 2003 TDI Jetta, 5 Speed. Here's what I did... I changed the mass air meter, the air filter and the fuel filter. Here's why I I messed up. In changing the fuel filter, I added about 1/2 can of Sea...
  13. FuelJetA

Weird Brake Issues...

So, in the spirit of keeping this short... I have brake issues. I have severe brake fade at low RPM but the brakes are normal at high RPM. So, it's not really brake fade, it is just a lack of vacuum boost. Any suggestions on what could be the issue? No vacuum leaks are detected visually. Do...
  14. FuelJetA

Tires Wearing on the Inside Edge...

They are wearing nicely on the last 3/4" of the inside edge. Is this a standard alignment issue or is this a problem? I know it needs aligned anyway, so I need to get the right info before taking it somewhere. Can this be changed by any old alignment place or should I take it somewhere...
  15. FuelJetA

Lost Power...It's Consistent But Different Than Previous Questions

My car is obviously going into limp mode but it is after about 40 minutes running at 85+ miles per hour. I can turn off the key and reset the computer and everything works great. The only change I have is a Wetteraur chip. I do a lot of freeway driving and it is often important to me to go...
  16. FuelJetA

Double Din Navigation/Stereo Question

Is my Jetta a 'double din?' Will this fit in my Jetta where the CD player and the reciever come out? It's an 2001 and the layout is - top down- cupholder, CD Player, Stereo (Monsoon.) The wife wants a GPS nav but I think they are so ugly when they just mount somewhere. An in dash on like this...
  17. FuelJetA

Car Aerodynamics and Boundary Layer Seperation/Integrity

Let's start by saying that I am a jet pilot who lurks on this board dreaming of ways to better the economy on my TDI. I was reading a thread about hail damage and dimples...but I think these are far more attractive. http://flight.engr.ucdavis.edu/~hjshiu/research/lear_bles.jpg They use these...
  18. FuelJetA

Glow Plug Light is Blinking...

It takes a few minutes to start blinking when it is cold, but once it starts, it doesn't stop. And it just blinks all day. The cruise control stopped working also, but I think this is related. Because it worked before the light started blinking. It's an 01 with just under 50K on it. We keep...
  19. FuelJetA

Anyone know about jet fuel?

I've always wondered, and it's possible that I can get a steep discount on Jet A1, if jet fuel will run in my Jetta. Any chemical engineers or otherwise have the answer out there? BTW, I drive an 01 Jetta TDI with a K&N, but it is otherwise stock. --Shanon