Search results

1. B

Immobilizer Help

My 02 Golf TDI is acting up and has me stumped. The immobilizer light (IMMO 3) is flashing and the car will not run as designed by the security system. Yes, battery is reading 12+ volts and about 2 years old. Things I have done so far: 1) Tried all three keys (including valet key) and all still...
  2. B

Depo R32 Replica Headlights Review

Back in October 2017, the glass lenses were all cracked on my stock headlights. Instead of replacing the lenses, I bought a pair of DEPO R32 Ecode look alike headlights. So far I have been impressed with both quality and output. These units are xenon projector low beams that match the small...
  3. B

Stripped Crank Allen Bolt

Back again fixing my brother's 06 Audi A3 with 154k miles. The water pump seal let go so we decided to replace the timing belt while we are it. First timing belt done by a VW mechanic at 115k miles including water pump. We successfully removed 5 of the 6 crank pulley bolts but the last one is...
  4. B

DSG stuck in park/ PRNDS flashing

Hi, I need some help with diagnosing my brother's car, a 2006 Audi A3 gas engine. I'm posting here because 1) I own a MK4 TDI and 2) this forum is much more knowledgeable and helpful and active than VWVortex who suggested just take it to the dealer. Anyways, the car has DSG and has the PRNDS...
  5. B

2016 Golf is out now :)

I don't own the new Golf but have my eye on it. Just checked the VW US website this morning and noticed the 2016 Golf is out with new features. Here is what I see different going off of memory of model differences between 15 and 16 : 1)Apple Car Play on 6.5" screen/ Discover Media navigation...
  6. B

Flywheel Price

Forgive me for my newb question, but I have a Southbend Stg 1 clutch and 17lb Single Mass flywheel but I want to buy a 22lb SMF from a vendor on this site to prevent chatter. Can I use the 21lb from Boraparts or the 22lb SMF from IDparts without issue with the SB Stg 1 clutch I have? There...
  7. B

TLC for the Golf, clutch/suspension questions?

I have a 02 Golf with a manual at 232k miles and wanted to give it some TLC/new life. I just finished the timing belt a couple weeks ago if you remember that thread. So anyways, I'm looking to update the suspension and have the clutch installed. 1st Question: Is this a good clutch? I'm looking...
  8. B

Loose Timing Belt

Thought it would never happen to me, but my timing belt is loose. I can move it up and down a little over half an inch. I'm getting a P1248 code from VCDS which points to "Start of Injection Timing Regulation: Control Deviation" So I check my timing and it's way advanced (only a...
  9. B

Help fix my 39mpg ALH manual

This is my first "real" post asking for help. I just bought VCDS and read through the FAQ on the OBD section. Over the past years, my ALH has been getting lower mileage, where I used to see 49mpg regularly. My driving conditions has not changed but I did do a few stuff to the car but I logged my...