Search results

1. V

Need Lower radiator hose support bracket

Does anyone have one? Shipping to 98295. Thanks
  2. V

Auto trunk lock fixed

The trunk unlocked by pushing the button in the console however sometimes it would not unlock by pushing the button on trunk lid. took the trunk cover off. I lubricated and closed the trunk and it worked fine a couple of times then quit opening. I thought it might be the vacuum plunger. In the...
  3. V

Help need Water pump install.

Installed the water pump and everything went smoothly. I followed the hint of loosening the alternator casing to get the alternator to slide off. Topped up and had the thermostat open, and no leaks BUT For each step I bagged the bolts and nuts but somehow 1 bolt got missed. I am sure it is...
  4. V

Replacing Water pump Passat TDI 1Z Engine - Why not this procedure?

I have read several write ups on her replacing the water pump, including 1, removing the alternator and repositioning the AC compressor, to 2. removing the timing belt to be able to remove the idler pulley. I remember many years ago replacing the water pump on my older Passat with the AAZ...
  5. V

Passat B4 tdi Engine mount.

On our 1991 Jetta TD the front engine mount was hydraulic and you could see it move when the clutch was let out. The Passat TDI front engine mount looks similar, and wonder if it is also hydraulic. This is the number of it 1H0 199 609 J . The dealer has it in stock but wasn't sure if it was...
  6. V

1996 Passat B4V in accident need

Yes someone manage to hit the front end of my car. I need the following Headlight Right for sure Headlight left - might be able to epoxy Front Grill Left and righ side marker light yellow - the ones beside the headlight Right drivers signal light assemble This is a immaculate 90 mile all...
  7. V

Best settings for Fuel Economy on B4V

1996 Passat B4V, Just complete timing belt and running great as always. Have a friend with Vagcom and we will check and adjust timing. Last time if I remember correctly we set near the top line on the graph. For fuel injection quantity what is the best number to put in for fuel economy. \...
  8. V

Timing belt tensioner brand question

Live in Canada and have always used a INA tensioner on the 1996 Passat tdi. Am now told they can only get SKF or Hepu Are these equivalent to INA? Any experiences or warnings?
  9. V

vibration at idle

Have a 1997 and a 1996 B4V. The 1996 has more vibration at idle. I have checked the part number and on the front motor mount on both vehicles and it is the same. The 1996 motor mount appears good as it does not move excessively when you let the clutch out and keep the brake on. In the past...
  10. V

Thump or bang from rear when hitting cracks in road

I am guessing this must be the bushings in the trailing arms or could it be shocks? It is a loadish thunk when hitting cracks in roads or small potholes that echoes throughout the car. The car is a 1996 TDI Passat wagon. 1. Does anyone have a pic of what to look for when crawling...
  11. V

B4V Power window noise

Just started with a loud banging sound as the window went up for the final 1/4 inch. Took the door panel off hoping maybe a loose bolt but they were all tight. After playing with the switch up and down to see if I can determine problem, it now goes up and stops but keeps on making a banging...
  12. V

Passenger side inner cv boot question

Notice I have a tear on the inner boot. I am about 1500 miles from home and don't see any trusted mechanics in the Palm Springs California area. 1 Anyone recommend a shop? 2. Anyone had any success with the boot that clamps over the joint without removing it? Have the tools at home to...
  13. V

1996 B4B dome light does not work when door open but rear lights do

OPen drivers door and the back two light come on but no the dome light Yet you can turn the dome light on by the swith by the sunroof. I assume it is the same bulb so it must be a broken connection goint to their? Any one point me in a direction to look? Thanks
  14. V

Randomly quits when driving

1996 Passat TDI wagon. While driving shuts off for a few seconds. When it does that the radio goes to a different station. After reading up I concluded it could be a relay 109. I had a spare black one and noticed it still did it. I have ordered a new grey one. Is there anything else that...
  15. V

Need front left Marker light B4

Anyone have one? Wind blew mine off. I am in Indio California now. vixentd@gmail.com Thanks
  16. V

Wanted B4 Passat Front left marker lamp on fender

vixentd@gmail.com if you have one. Wind just blew mine off
  17. V

Wanted Passat B4 drivers door lock with key

Anyone have? vixentd@gmail.com
  18. V

New Ebay drivers door lock

Have not been able to locate a new drivers door lock with key.If I purchase one off of Ebay that is new, can I take out the key cylinder and transfer in my old Key cylinder lock, or are the aftermarkets different.
  19. V

wanted B4 Drivers door handle with key

IF anyone has one let me know vixentd@gmail.com. I picked up on from the wrecker but have no key. Thanks
  20. V

When Locking Car Vacuum pump runs for a long time

We have had a bit of freezing weather and now when the car is locked the vacuum pumps runs for a minute or two. I did a search but didn't see anything on this. Does the vacuum pump shut off when it develops its maximum vaccum? Just wonder what is the best way to trouble shoot