Search results

1. R

01 Jetta<2015 A3

My 01 Jetta TDI blew a valve yesterday at 269000 :( I loved that car but it's not worth a new motor. I've been looking at a 2015 A3 TDI. Anyone have any comments? Also, I can't find anywhere that tells me how much or how often to add Blue.
  2. R

Strange noise/vibration after brake job.

I did all four brakes yesterday. Not the first time. It's an 01 with 240K. Took it our for a test drive, several miles and everything seemed fine. Brakes nicely, no noise. I took it on the hwy tonight and it rumbled, like I had a flat tire. I pulled over, checked and everything looked good. the...
  3. R

Immobilizer Issue

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to scan it yet. Got home late and then off to work. I'll post if I get anything.
  4. R

Immobilizer Issue

My 01 Jetta would not start yesterday 10 minutes after shutting it off! The Immobilizer light was flashing. I checked a couple of things and then took the key, flipped it over, opposite of the way I normally insert it, and it started and ran. When I got home, it started fine with my spare key...
  5. R

I hate to say it but I need a new one!

Thanks I did replace the end seal first using the kit from TDI Parts. Then I noticed that it was leaking else where. I looked for someone local to do just the seals with no luck and wound up just replacing the pump.
  6. R

Update Well I settled with Insurance today. At least they gave me a good offer without low balling! I tried to get the car back since the motor was good but they wanted too much for that! NOW I'm ready to get going again! I do have one question that I can't seem to find a definitive answer on...
  7. R

I'm supposed to talk to them again today and I'll find out.
  8. R

I considered keeping it for parts but the insurance CO. would reduce my settlement too much! He WAS PERFECT! Only 105K AND I'd just replaced the Injector pump!
  9. R

My beloved 2002 Jetta got eaten alive last weekend. A 2007 Jetta GASSER went sideways into a Dump Truck on I-270 at 60mph and pushed said truck into me! :eek: It tore the entire right side of my car off and the left side off of hers! This is an incredible testament to the quality of these cars...
  10. R

Hood latch problems - both of them

THANK YOU!!! I can't believe how hard it was to find this simple solution! Bently gives no description of how this works! My handle pulled off last week and I just got it open!
  11. R

"VW Jetta TDI Sets New World Record: 58.82 MPG"

I AGREE- LET's GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! My '02 Jetta averages 55 HWY! We should organize a record setting caravan! Heck VW just moved their US headquarters here in VA. With all of us that knock the socks off of that 51.8 we could make some REAL NEWS!
  12. R

Ac Condener Clutch... MISSING?!?!?!

My AC went out a couple of weeks ago. I just desided to look under the skid plate and found my clutch plate AND the spacer but no nut! Does anyone one know what size the nut is? (Yes, I know it's 14mm wrench but I need thread pitch)
  13. R

AC Stopped Working

02 Jetta, AC was blowing nice and cold in the morning. When I went out a few hours later NOTHING BUT HOT AIR!!! Fuses are good. Ambient temp switch is good. I have the Bently manual and it isn't much help. I also have a VAG COM but when I try to check the AC system it can't find the controller...
  14. R

Impexfest VII May 3, 2008

Tomo- I'll see you there! Is there any way to get the intake on my 02 Jetta cleaned? I seem to be having some hesitation when I "stomp" it.
  15. R

FS: 04 Passat TDI Wagon

Lowered Price!!! I've lowered the price to $21,500. It is also on Ebay, Item #150204560978
  16. R

FS: 04 Passat TDI Wagon

updated photos I updated the pictures to ones that were taken today!
  17. 5

18. P1050120

P1050120

19. P1050119

P1050119

20. P1050116

P1050116