Search results

1. p377y7h33f

2003 Jetta Wagon ALH 5-Speed, NYC - Feeler

I don't have to sell my baby, but the other option is to continue pouring money into it. TB change is due and little annoying things are, well, annoying. Not settled on a price, but $10k, as unrealistic as it sounds, should be a good starting point, hence the Feeler in the title. The rest of the...
  2. p377y7h33f

Failing 02J and clutch...

275k miles on the trans. It kicks me out of 5th and 3rd gears. 4th and 2nd require a lot of force to shift into, but the car can be driven that way. This condition has been getting worse, and the clutch now slips terribly. Long story short, the car has been sitting for 6 months, and now I'm...
  3. p377y7h33f

BEW Throttle Position Sensor fits ALH?

Got the implausible TPS signal code, and I’m 1200 miles from home. Opened up the sensor, it looked clean. Sprayed with CRC electronics cleaner, code comes back, and I get that 1200 rpm limp mode until I restart. Usually happens when I barely tap the accelerator and let go. anyway, a local yard...
  4. p377y7h33f

Door handle question

Sorry it’s not TDI related, but this community is the best resource for anything VW related that I know of. Not sure how to reduce the image size... Took off the handle to wrap it and probably used too much force pulling on it. It won’t pop back in all the way. Guessing I bent the hinge it...
  5. p377y7h33f

Jetta Wagon hatch VW emblem removal

On the wagons the key goes into the emblem, so I guess it’s not just a pry-off stick-on emblem. Can’t find a guide to removing the piece. I’m trying to vinyl wrap the hatch and would like to get under the emblem somewhat.
  6. p377y7h33f

Spindles and calipers in an ultrasonic bath...

I have a 5 gallon ultrasonic bath and getting ready to swap the brakes. Both calipers and spindles got some rust on them, so I'm wondering if I'll destroy the bearings in the spindles, which seem to spin ok so far. And the calipers are getting resealed, but should I expose the bore and piston to...
  7. p377y7h33f

N108 in the way

Messed up my first IP head seal - pinched at the bottom, of course. Now on the second attempt with the tiniest piece of mirror from the side of an eyeliner box I could see a small piece of the old seal stuck in the groove, preventing the new o ring from snapping into place. After hours on my...
  8. p377y7h33f

New clutch screech

Before coming down on my mechanic that put in the new clutch, I want to run the symptoms by the club's collective wisdom and confirm my diagnosis. Background story goes like this. Southbend stage 2 daily was installed 70k miles back along with a new 21lb single mass flywheel. It worked great...
  9. p377y7h33f

BEW/BRM map sensor fits ALH?

in a few words, my stock ALH IC is cracked and i have a taco taco IC with the small hole sitting here... of course, the plan was to get a 3-bar map and a stage 3 tune... but as a temporary fix, can i use a small hole 2.5-bar map from a BEW/BRM with my untuned ALH? will the electrical connectors...
  10. p377y7h33f

total rear toe out of spec. shims?

rear tire wear on the inside suggested an alignment check and while it's not badly off, it's out of factory spec if you add the both sides. Left toe: +0.11 Right toe: -0.02 Total toe: +0.09 the total has to be at least +0.17, if i'm not mistaking. there's no way i would replace the axle beam...
  11. p377y7h33f

condenser and drier came in...

after 6 weeks of roasting behind the wheel, i finally got to finding the refrigerant leak and ordered a BEHR condenser and receiver/drier. the plan is to start tomorrow morning, so i'm trying to get all the little things today, as well as a little more info on the replacement procedure. there...
  12. p377y7h33f

ALH Oil Cooler failure... why?

i had an almost brand new long block put into the wagon 18 months ago. the oil cooler was a Meyle part, purchased on eBay with both seals included. nearly 30k miles later i get a slow oil leak from the cooler. no biggie, replaced both seals with OEM ones, and the leak stopped. the crappy seals...
  13. p377y7h33f

Feeler: NEW MK4 Rear Wagon TOWING Springs

SPRINGS ARE SOLD! this is a feeler because i do not have these springs yet. they're not VAG OEM springs, they're by Spidan - a well established German manufacturer for axles, springs, bearings and more. they do have 5 green dots on them. here's where i ordered from...
  14. p377y7h33f

GLI/GTI brake upgrade questions...

i know there's a ton of info on this, but i couldn't find answers to a few specific questions... the plan is to swap to used GLI/GTI spindles and calipers. will buy new bearings, but not sure if they're different... 1. since most GLI's come with a 6-speed trans, can i still use my 5-speed...
  15. p377y7h33f

akebono rear pads for an '03 - EUR340 or EUR340A?

i'm getting different results after doing a little searching... idparts lists Akebono EUR340 rear pads for all MK4's, while pretty much any other vendor says they're MK1, MK2, MK3 pads. which one do i get?
  16. p377y7h33f

Feeler for a Group Buy: Euro MK4 Wagon Rear HD/Towing Springs 1J0511115AN

Yes, these springs(see title) are available from idparts at $329 a pair! It's not a bad price, considering the headache and cost involved in importing heavy parts from overseas. It seems there is not another retailer in US offering these. Absolutely everyone else is out of stock! For those not...
  17. p377y7h33f

anybody looking to buy Shine front springs only?

i'm looking for the rear Shine springs. i'm sure Paul at kerma will break up a set and ship us what we want, if i talked to him. i'm willing to pay $150 for the rear pair, you'd have to cover the remaining $189 for the fronts. anybody? EDIT: sorry, i suck at math. the balance for the front...
  18. p377y7h33f

Wagon specific suspension upgrade choices...

hoping for someone to share their wagon suspension upgrade experience... i'm approaching 180k miles on my stock wagon shocks, struts and springs. i am dead set on FSD's while they're still on sale, but not sure if they make a wagon specific kit. yellows have a different part number for the...
  19. p377y7h33f

FS: Black Jetta Wagon Cargo Cover (retractable security roll shade trunk)

SOLD! this came with my wagon, but it seems whenever i decide to keep it in the car - something comes up and it gets in the way of folding seats or fitting stuff in the trunk. very nice condition with one tiny scratch and retracts strong. i took a lot of pictures, but they were accidentally...
  20. p377y7h33f

FS: 4 OEM Monterey 15x6 wheels with Bridgestone Turanza's - Brooklyn

Wheels are Sold! Tires are still available... these are in good shape, with practically no curb rash, just a few light scratches on the spokes of one or two wheels. tires are 195/65/15 with about 18k miles on them. center caps are included. $325 for the set, but willing to separate - $200 for...