Search results

1. yatzee

Tischspiegel-->EDC17 Standalone controller!

so maybe i'm being thick, but this would allow me to put a CR engine into an MK2 with fairly minimal headache?
  2. yatzee

Stopped by MOE

I hope they bust lifted pickups that blow coal too
  3. yatzee

For Visitors to Our Area (repost)

Last fall, we did this trip with my Passat. Labrador was kinda dull. Big parts of the road are still gravel, so you've got the be a bit careful. We were a minority - using a car on the road is fine, but most are in pickups or trucks. Happy Valley-Goose Bay was pretty dull - not much to do and...
  4. yatzee

Solid rear LCA bushings?

I'm not sure how prone to failure they are. I've spoken to a bunch of owners and VW techs up here who haven't heard of an issue, but they can't really argue with my pics.
  5. yatzee

Solid rear LCA bushings?

So far, yeah. I feel the steering is a touch more direct and the ride isn't any better or worse than before. My next step will be doing something with the shocks
  6. yatzee

Easy way to delete most of the pics?

Trying to clean up old stuff off the net, Dave ;)
  7. yatzee

Front lower a-arm bushings

Don't need to drop the subframe to get them out, but you do need to drop it to get them back in
  8. yatzee

Vibration from front end at highway speeds

I've now done about 700 kms in the car and i can confirm that my vibration is gone! I'd suggest that the OP gives this a try.
  9. yatzee

Solid rear LCA bushings?

will do, but i haven't heard it recently. They were replaced 40k ago (kms)
  10. yatzee

Easy way to delete most of the pics?

I'd like to clear out a whole bunch of pics that are currently stored on the tdiclub server. I know how to do it 1 by 1, but is there a way to do a batch? Thanks
  11. yatzee

Here are the pics. I couldn't see the torn bushing with the arm in the car due to a fairly deep pocket on the subframe (unlike the MK4s). A quick roadtest showed no vibration, but i'll report back after i've done 1000 kms or so. I'm pretty shocked that the bushing is that bad after only 100k...
  12. yatzee

Solid rear LCA bushings?

Not surprisingly, oilhammer was right - i had to lower the subframe in order to get the arms back in. Unfortunately, this screwed up my alignment - i'll have to get that redone before i chew up my tires. A quick roadtest up to 90 kph showed that my vibration was gone. I also feel like the...
  13. 2019-07-27_14_09_59

2019-07-27_14_09_59

14. 2019-07-27_12_38_12

2019-07-27_12_38_12

15. 2019-07-27_12_38_10

2019-07-27_12_38_10

16. yatzee

Solid rear LCA bushings?

Update: Both the bushings were installed today. Arms are going back into the car tomorrow. I was sure I'd be able to get the bushings out without the use of a press, but gave up and ended up going to a friends to have them pushed in and out.
  17. yatzee

Update: I have found a torn left front control arm bushing. I'll be putting the arms back onto the car tomorrow and will then be roadtesting it on Monday. I'm optimistic that this will solve my issue
  18. yatzee

Came to say Hello

Are you still running that 04 Omega?
  19. yatzee

Canadian recall search by vin?

This recall is currently active - I've had a couple friends get them done on their cars. The ONLY way to know for sure if your car has been recalled is to contact your local dealer with your serial number
  20. yatzee

tune pour golf sportwagen

Dom chez VD Autoshop. Oublie pas que tu va perdre ton garantie prolonger si tu fait un tune