Search results

1. L

Front night yellow running lights question

This is truly an odd question, regarding my yellow night running lights. An object hit my driver side light, pushing the unit into the fender well. I've been told that the only way it can be re-inserted into the slot is that the full front fender has to be removed. If true, would this not...
  2. L

Royal Blue Diesel Injector Cleaner

As it has been suggested I use an injector cleaner, due to a sudden jump in my "Flash point in F, and Fuel Dilution figure [fm .5 to 3.0 ] has anyone used the Royal Blue diesel injector cleaner and wish to give me their results. Thank you in advance, Luke
  3. L

The (+/Off) padel on the right underside of the steering wheel

I have an embarrassing issue; First, I'm not anywhere even being close to the brightest person in the room. Having said that; Having gone through the original paper operating manual, I've not been able to determine just what is shut off by pressing [pulling] the (+/Off) tag located on the...
  4. L

Cable connection to front hood /release latch

If I may: Can the cable (?) attached to the handle under the left side of the drivers front under panel, for the front hood release, be adjusted? I'm sensing that mine has "stretcher". One would not want to find themselves in a situation where pulling the release handle, to not have the front...
  5. L

Follow-up Question re scheduled maintenance

Ref: 2011 Golf TDi at the 130K maintenance service. If I may ask; Does the water pump need to be removed for purposes of replacing the timing & serpentine belts? Thank you in advance..
  6. L

? Regards the DSG Transmission "recalibration"

Two Parts if I may: At the DSG servicing cycle, is part of the effort, a "recalibration" of the DSG system? If not, how difficult or time consuming is such an effort. If it is not part of the VW dealership service package, should such be done? Thank you all.
  7. L

Request feedback regarding recent billing from a VW Dealership

I'm seeking some input, as well as a briefing, regards a recent invoice I received regarding my 2011 DSL Golf TDi 130,000 miles maintenance work effort. I should first alert all that I have used the same dealership from when I drove the car off the lot, but more importantly, the same tech...
  8. L

BlackStone Oil Report: Dropping & Fuel % Dilution Increasing ?

If I may raise a question. I just received my 5th oil analysis from BlackStone and the concerning results in the "Flashpoint" and "Fuel %" fields arise. My Vehicle:2011 VW Golf TDI, DTG Latest Readings: Flashpoint in F= 390 (>410 is the minimum figure) Historically the figures have been...
  9. L

Unusual Question Regarding Interior front windshield

Is there a tint on the inside side of the front windshield. I ask this because I've noticed scratching marks---on the inside, not on the outside side. I'm thinking that if there is a tint, then when the car is cleaned, the wipe down is actually scratching the tint layer. Comments ??
  10. L

Do my Front Seats recline ??

OK, I'm allowed to ask really, I mean R E A L L Y, dumb questions. Not only can I not say "Hey, I didn't just get off the turnip truck" because, I've never even been allowed ON the turnip truck; From which I would then be allow to get off...........and since I have never been allow to get...
  11. L

Cabin exit venting location ???

As I frequently drive with my windows closed while leaving open the front 'vents'. With that in mind, I'm trying to find the location of the cabin exit vents -- and I'm basing my assumption that they exist, based on the fed requirement that the newer cars cannot have a fully 'closed' cabin...
  12. L

Letter from VW's Engineering & Environmental Office

As part of VW's continuing effort to produce the best quality and superior performing vehicles on the road, we have asked ...."Kett Engineering Automotive Test Services'....to solicit vehicles meeting certain criteria for a performance evaluation......involving the inspection and testing of your...
  13. L

Dealership Maintenance Department Hierarchy ??

If I may ask, for those of you who may be familiar with the hierarchy for the maintenance department of a VW dealership: I understand that below the service department manager, the garage techs work. Within the actual garage area, is there not some type of supervisor, who over sees the...
  14. L

Scheduled oil changes under warranty period. Important revelation

Recently I found myself within a group meeting and the issue of the "free" oil changes, which are covered under the first three changes (every 10K change program, relative my '11 Golf ), arose. The commentary revealed quite a revelation; Unfortunately, I cannot fully attest to its accuracy...
  15. L

Is there a Turbo Boost Increase in manual mode ?

If I may ask a question regarding the turbo. Relative: 2011 Golf, TDI DSG Though I infrequently use the manual feature on the transmission (DGS), when I do, I sense that the transmission has a higher boost factor. I don't have the perception when I'm in the automatic mode. Am I sensing...
  16. L

ElsaWeb Screen

Would someone who works with VW, explain just what is ElsaWeb, through which the dealership's service writers check, for whatever they're checking ?? Thank you all.
  17. L

Luke > lighten up on the dealership dude!

E-Mailed to Luke Actually, I'm the one into complimenting them; However, if one is going to raise issues, positive or negative, there should be no hesitation expressing such. Strom, lighten up. One could interpret your e-mail to me to be a form of intimidation -- we don't need that -- if...
  18. L

Rattle coming from driver's side door

Good day all: Even though I've had my car for six months, I've put over 24,000 miles on it. Over time, a slight--now less than slight, rattle is coming from the lock area of the driver's side door. 1. Is it going to be a challenge for them to have to take the side panel off, to access the...
  19. L

The 02E Direct Shift Gearbox> Self-Sudy Program

Does anyone have access to: The 02E Direct Shift Gearbox Design and Function Self-Sudy Program Course Number 851403 As we have a color printer, I'd prefer that output (In advance, I should say Thank You )
  20. L

DSG "Diagnostic" id

As I've had, over the past three weeks, two separate driving conditions whereby, while driving in the "manual/tiptronic" mode, at speeds under 10 mph, upon initiating additional speed, the transmission went into neutral. I noticed it when I pressed on the fuel peddle and noticed no forward...