Search results

1. Q

Anybody camp in their TDI wagon?

My wife and I are planning a 6-month road trip next year. We've been around and around about buying an RV for the trip. But it looks like we've settled on doing the trip with our 2005 Jetta TDI wagon. We have both slept in the back on several occasions. I've done it by myself for a week at a...
  2. Q

Car cover for a wagon?

I'm going to be parking my 2005 Jetta wagon outdoors for a while and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good car cover, preferably well under $200. Did some searching around and it seems the selection is a bit more limited for a wagon. Thanks! ;)
  3. Q

WTB: Mk IV Left side mirror, white

Like the title says, except I'm only looking for the plastic mirror housing (the part that matches the paint color) not the mirror itself or any related parts. Must be white in color and good condition. To fit a 2005 wagon. Thanks! :)
  4. Q

Which VW dealer in Sacramento, CA area?

I live in the Sacramento metro area and need to take my 2005 MkIV Jetta wagon into the dealer for the warranty-related glow plug update. I bought the car used two years ago. I've never had it serviced by a dealer and from the stories I hear, I'm dreading the experience. So what is the best VW...
  5. Q

Koni or Bilstein shocks for a wagon?

It's time to upgrade the shocks/struts on my '05 wagon and I'm wondering whether to go with Koni or Bilstein. I've always liked Koni for the best handling, but must face reality: This is a daily driver wagon that hauls everything from dogs to cement, and sometimes pulls a trailer. So I'm...
  6. Q

WTB rear swaybar for MkIV Jetta wagon

Looking for aftermarket rear swaybar (NOT strut bar) for 2005 MkIV Jetta wagon. Let me know what you got. Thanks!
  7. Q

Misc. MkIV gray interior parts for sale

I have a cluster of various gray interior parts for sale for MkIV cars: grab handles, rearview mirror, and a couple other pieces which I don't even know what they are. $15 for everything plus shipping. Must take it all, will not sell pieces. Thanks for looking! :)
  8. Q

Misc. MkIV interior parts, gray - $15 shipped

I have a package of miscellaneous gray interior parts for MkIV cars: grab handles, rearview mirror, and a couple other bits which I don't even know what they are. All in good condition. $15 shipped anywhere CONUS. PayPal only.
  9. Q

Anybody got 15" Avus wheels on MkIV wagon?

Thinking of switching to these and would like to see how they look. Shoot me a pic if you got one. :cool:
  10. Q

Show what you tow!

I'm about to install a Curt hitch on my '05 TDI wagon, planning to pull a small camping trailer, though not sure which one yet. Thinking of building my own from a small cargo trailer. I'm curious what other people are towing with their TDI's, so post up some picks of your TDI-trailer rig! :cool:
  11. Q

Lightest OEM MkIV wheel?

Hi folks. Been doing some reading here on wheel weights and haven't found the answer to this question: What is the lightest 15" or 16" OEM wheel for a MkIV car? :confused:
  12. Q

What tools to carry in my TDI?

Did a search, couldn't get satisfied. I've always worked on my own cars. Big or small, I've just about done it all. But this is my first TDI, and I realize it's a different beast, even compared to the 1983 Mercedes 300TD I used to own. Whatever the car, I like to carry a minimalist toolkit at...
  13. Q

WTB Yakima LowRider or DoubleCross towers

These are the 'towers' that allow you to attach Yakima crossbars to the OEM rack on an A4 wagon. Looking for good deal on a used set of 4, towers only. Hit me with what you got. :D
  14. Q

WTB Golf TDI in NorCal

Hi: Been away from these forums for awhile while I owned an '83 Mercedes 300TD. Now I'm looking to buy a used Golf TDI with manual trans in Northern California, preferably Sacramento area. Two- or four-door, doesn't matter. Thanks!
  15. Q

TDI in Fiat x1/9...?

Does any one know if anybody has ever put a TDI engine in a Fiat x1/9? I have an opportunity to get two of these cars for free and was thinking a TDI drivetrain would make a great swap into this mid-engine car. But I have no idea if the powertrain would even fit. What about TDI swaps into any...
  16. Q

Seeking emissions stats...

Apologies if this is a little OT, but... I was wondering if anyone can point me to emissions statistics of various diesel cars. I'm thinking of buying an '81 Mercedes 300TD, and was just wondering how its emissions compare to other cars, past or present. I know it's probably not good, but I'm...
  17. Q

Help with M-B 300TD...

I located an '81 Mercedes 300TD wagon for sale in my area. It has 161k miles and it looks like I can get the car for $2,500. It is in good shape overall, good paint and interior, no rust, no evidence of wrecks. It drives well but has a lumpy idle and seems unusually sluggish off the line. The...
  18. Q

Report: Gasoline beats diesel for cleaner autos

I find some of these claims a little hard to swallow, personally. But I'm hoping some of you guys will jump in: Gasoline beats diesel for cleaner autos http://www.enn.com/news/2004-01-07/s_11784.asp Wednesday, January 07, 2004 By Reuters WASHINGTON — Gasoline-powered vehicles and hybrid cars...
  19. Q

Prez. candidates on fuel economy

Just thought I'd share this article. Pretty interesting, especially the fact that most of those long-entrenched in Washington waffle on the subject of raising CAFE standards: http://www.enn.com/news/2004-01-07/s_11790.asp
  20. Q

Where to get recall/TSB info?

Is there a website anywhere that lists this info for TDIs? For '03 models, specifically? Thx.