Search results

1. tdi_tim

FS: 2004 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI in CT

***SOLD*** Selling my beloved 2004 Jetta Wagon TDI. I am the original owner of the car. It’s a GLS model, reflex silver, black leather interior, sunroof, 5spd transmission, cold weather package (heated seats, mirrors, washer nozzles), and ESP electronic stability. The car currently has about...
  2. tdi_tim

2004 Jetta dead - timing jump

Hey folks! I need your help/opinions. I have a 2004 Jetta wagon (BEW engine) with 275k miles. Yesterday I was merging on to the highway, and while accelerating I hit a small bump - at which time I noticed the car had lost some power. It was still driving, but you could tell that if you wanted...
  3. tdi_tim

Replacing fuel lines (BEW)

Hey folks! I've noticed that the rubber fuel lines in engine compartment look pretty awful. Though I don't see (or smell) any leaks, they're very noticeably cracked and deteriorating. I'm thinking about replacing them myself, but I'm wondering if I need to do anything special after replacing...
  4. tdi_tim

Negative intake pressure, possible limp mode?

Hello all! I have an odd problem that I'm wondering if anyone can help with. I have a 2004 Jetta with about 250k miles that recently blew the turbo. I ordered a new one from IDParts, and it was installed by a mechanic that I trust. I just picked the car up tonight, and I immediately notice...
  5. tdi_tim

2004 PD (BEW) Intermittent Hard / Slow Start (video inside)

Hey folks! Looking for some opinions on this ongoing issue. First, I just posted a few weeks ago about this other speed loss issue I was experiencing (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=441441). I have since replaced the in-tank fuel pump and while I don't think I've driven it enough...
  6. tdi_tim

PD (BEW) Speed Loss/Hesitation Issue

Hello all! To start, I have a 2004 Jetta Wagon (PD, BEW engine) - purchased new by me, it's a 5spd, 243,000 miles, with a completely original, stock engine. The engine has never been apart for intake cleaning, the turbo is original, etc. I do all of my periodic maintenance including a recent...
  7. tdi_tim

BEW (2004 PD Engine) Boost Reading

So I just installed one a P3Cars gauge, which is really neat, but I realize that I'm not sure what I should be seeing for boost readings. My car is a 2004 Jetta with 220k miles, completely stock. I'm seeing boost spikes of up to 22psi, but usually closer to spiking around 19psi, and under...
  8. tdi_tim

Problem with P3Cars gauge in '04 Jetta

Hey all, hoping it's ok to post this in here- seems this thread has the most info o these gauges. I just purchased one of these for my 2004 Jetta. During install, I hooked everything up and started the car to verify it worked, which it did. I then go ahead and get everything buttoned up, try...
  9. tdi_tim

Transmission whining 2nd + 3rd gears?

Hey folks! I have a strange issue I'm hoping to get some opinions on. I have a 2004 Jetta wagon, 5 speed, with 216,000 mostly trouble free miles on it that I've owned since new. The most major repair I've ever had to do was a flywheel & clutch. Engine has never been apart, turbo is original...
  10. tdi_tim

What else to look for? 2004 Jetta

Hey folks! Been a while since I posted anything here - which is a testament to how great my car has been. :D My 2004 Jetta wagon has about 185k miles on it now, and is due for it's next timing belt. It's been a great car, and I intend to hold on to it a while longer, so I'm wondering what...
  11. tdi_tim

2004 PD, Intermittent No Start

Hey folks! I searched around a bit on this stuff but couldn't find a definitive answer or tutorial, so I figured I'd post up about it. My car is a 2004 Jetta Wagon, currently with 155k miles. Here's what happened - sorry this is a little long, I just want to give all of the info possible...
  12. tdi_tim

2004 PD Jetta hesitation under load

Car has been running fine, 62000 miles, although it does seem to need a coolant temp sensor (temp gauge dips down for no reason). Car is stock. Thursday I fill up the tank in the morning, and on my way into work I notice that when I "push it" a bit to try and accelerate, the car hesitates and...
  13. tdi_tim

FS: OEM Convenience Module NO-SPLICE Kit!!

SOLD Bought this a few months ago and never installed it. Comes in original packaging, with instructions and all. Asking for $55.00 shipped to CONUS. PAYPAL Prefered!! Here's a thread on this mod: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1249553 Here's the part on Impex...
  14. tdi_tim

Oil Change Interval Question...

I have a 2004 TDI (PD engine), that currently has 43000 miles on it. When I first bought the car I was doing over 20K miles/per. Now my situation has changed and I do about 10K miles/year (maybe less). I am concerned about my oil change intervals. Should I be changing the oil every 5000...
  15. tdi_tim

**FS: Jetta Wagon / Golf Estate Tail Lights!!**

**UPDATE: Looks like these are sold!! Thanks everyone for their interest!** These taillights are standard on Golf Variants in Europe. They move the turn signal to the middle of the light (with an amber strip) and they have a space for a rear fog light. Use of the rear fog light requires a...
  16. tdi_tim

*SOLD* FS: 42 Draft Designs A Pillar Gauge Pod

Single A pillar pod for sale. Bought this a couple weeks ago, installed it--unfortunately it's just not what I want. It retails for $75.00 + shipping new, I'll sell this one for $65.00 shipped to you. I can also include a 15 PSI VDO Vision boost gauge for an extra $20.00. Reply to this post...
  17. tdi_tim

FS: Jetta WAGON Taillights MKIV

Had these on my car for about 10,000 miles. They're in like new shape, including the light tree. I don't have the nuts that hold them on. Like to get $90.00 +shipping for them. IM me here. SOLD
  18. tdi_tim

OSRAM Silverstar for Jettas P/N

I'm sure that this has been discussed somewhere at sometime, but the search is down. I am wondering is anyone has the OSRAM part numbers for the Silverstar bulbs. I need to know which bulbs fit the Jetta e-code headlights AND which ones fit the US headlights. Thanks in advance for your help! Tim
  19. tdi_tim

Side mirror tilts when car is put into reverse?

I just read that early 2000 GLX Jetta's have a feature where the passenger side rearview mirror tilts down when the car is put into reverse. This is to help aid in parking. I know BMW's come with this feature and I have always been envious. Has anyone attempted this with their Jetta's or Golf's?
  20. tdi_tim

OEM Jetta 4Motion Valance

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I just purchased a 4motion valance for my Jetta. There are 2 part numbers on it. One is 1J5 805 083A and the other is 1J5 805 903F. My first question is, is this the proper valance for a Jetta (I'm pretty sure it is)? Secondly, the first thing I noticed...