Search results

1. V

USLD 520 Nozzle Size

I am trying to figure out what opening I have on my nozzle. The previous owner of my 03 JW purchased them from DBW in 2013. his notes say "ULSD 520 from Dribiwire". That all I got. Waiting to hear back from him. Is he still a member here? I couldn't find his user name. I am making the...
  2. V

Michigan and U.P. Tour

My wife and I and our 4 month old just wrapped up a 2 week, 2674 mile trip clockwise around lake Michigan. Our 03 Jetta Wagon outfitted with a roof rack and bag performed flawlessly. It was packed to the gills and it leveled the towing springs out nice. We average 41 MPGs on the nose with that...
  3. V

Resonance @ 1900 RPM after replacing axles

I just replaced axles on my 03 JW ALH O2M 6 speed. Getting a resonance under acceleration in every gear. I have a GKN drivers (PN for Turbo S) and a CRAP (small diameter shaft) passenger side only because I couldn't source a GKN axle or GKN CVs in a timely manner. I had to get the car running...
  4. V

Leaking Heater Core Connection

Hey All My car has been leaking about a half a quart per day for the last week. Found it leaking at the heater core connection. it looks like it is coming out of the plug in and not from inside the fire wall. I have NO coolant coming through the vents, just dripping from this spot. It leaks...
  5. V

Advice on Clutch/Turbo/Intake Cleaning Job

Im getting ready to change the clutch on my 01 Golf. it has 335k miles on it. I figured while i had it apart i would change the turbo (it seems to be leaking more oil and i have to clean the vanes every year now) and do intake cleaning and possibly EGR delete since i am loosing coolant and can...
  6. V

Central PA to Birmingham AL

My wife and I are making a marathon trip this weekend for a funeral. We are taking our 03 Jetta Wagon. Leaving tonigh.t coming home monday It is 13.5 hrs to drive though Ohio on I80 and I71 to Cincinatti then hit I65 in Louisville Ky to Birmingham. I just wanted to know of any gurus along the...
  7. V

Reverse Switch Compatibility??

Is the O2M (6 speed) reverse switch the same as the O2J (5 speed)? I suspect that my reverse switch is bad in my 03 JW. it has the 6 speed swap. Thanks in advance
  8. V

Scammer Alert

Do not contact anyone with the email sjonn365@gmail.com or blackrein58@gmail.com. They are scammers that are known on other car forums. Unfortunately i didn't do my homework and trusted them to buy fenders off of. I was told by a TDIclub member that Sjonn365 had fenders he wanted to part with...
  9. V

WTB MK4 Golf Fenders Indigo Blue

I have an 01 golf and want to get fenders. mine are rusted out and need replaced. They dont need to be perfect but i dont want rusty ones. I need the drivers side more than the passenger side. Anyone have them?
  10. V

Rust Proofing an 03

I just picked up a super nice 03 Jetta Wagon off of a fellow member of the forum. It has zero rust on it. I was wondering what others have used to mitigate rust on the VWs? I want the Wagon to last a long time so i am willing to spend the time and some money to make sure it stays nice. I hear a...
  11. V

Warranty Question

I am in the market for a vehicle. a 2015 GSW is one of our options. What will the warranty be if i buy from these options: 1) CPO from VW dealer? 2) Non CPO? 3) private sale? Also how do i know that the dealer has bought it from the VW auction? Thanks
  12. V

Intercooler Bottom Blown Off

I was driving to work this morning and was ready to do my weekly Italian tune. I was going up a steep hill then down shifted to 3rd and when i accelerated i heard a pop and lost power. Black smoke poured out. I got to the top of the hill and found that the intercooler bottom had blown right...
  13. V

Excessive turbo whine under 2 psi

My 01 ALH has developed a long whine under 2 psi. The spooling whine noise goes away above 2 psi. Also, My car used to have negative boost with no throttle coasting around at 1500 rpm but is now about .5 psi. (I need to look at idle but keep forgetting). It whines idling but is quiet. It whines...
  14. V

ALH oil presure

I just installed a oil pressure gauge a month ago because I was having intermittent oil pressure light. Turned out being a faulty oil pressure switch. (it hasn't gone off since) Now I have been watching my oil pressure and when it is hot and ambient temp is in 40-70s at: idle = 5-10 psi 2000 =...
  15. V

Ontario MKIV Golf in PA (NO LIGHTS ON!!)

I followed a Silver MKIV Golf TDI heading north on US 219 from Fallscreek (DuBois) through Brockway PA on my normal commute this morning. Must of been heading back to Canada. Just a friendly reminder, PLEASE TURN ON YOUR LIGHTS when it is dark out!!! and your drivers brake light is out also...
  16. V

Wheel Bearing problems

I have put 120k miles (214K total on the odo) on my Golf and have replaced both front wheel bearings 4 times. i had the typical roaring sound. the sound goes away on a left hand turn. I just replaced the right side last night because it had some play and figured that was causing the roaring even...
  17. V

larger tires and odometer readings

I will be putting larger tires on my lifted Golf this spring. probably 215/75/15 BFG ATs like frankencar had on his bettle. I want the odometer to read spot on because i dont want to have to calculate each time i log my mileage. does the dakota digital SGI-5 just do the speedo or both odometer...
  18. V

Penny Pincher's Radiator Block

It is supposed to be 10 degree F tomorrow morning and I am tired of freezing for the 1st 10 miles of my 43 mile commute. I am too cheap to buy an actual grill cover,So I figured I would slap something together. Upper Radiator Cover: Duct tape wrapped cardboard inserts. I wrapped them in...
  19. V

oversized tires MK4

I have a 2" lift and VR6 springs in the front and 2" + Wagon springs in the rear of my 01 golf. I have about 2.25" lift in the front and 2.5" lift in the rear. I saw frankencar's beetle has 215/75/r15. how Plug'n'Play are they? or should i look for something slightly smaller? I want to get...
  20. V

Intermitent MILs?

This morning i had the oil light come on. The beeper went off. but before i got it of the road it went out. I stoped checked the oil and it was full. The same thing happens with the coolant light which has happened several times anways in the spring and fall. this was a first for the Oil. What...