Search results

1. V

Winter cross climate tire choice (snows vs all-season) opinions

Growing up we took a few trips to Florida and the south from PA in October-november. Everytime we encountered a massive snow storm as soon as we got back to PA. We made it home ( the end of the driveway) everytime with snows on the 2wd astro van. The last time we took the Astro we had studded...
  2. V

Which Shocks?

The Sachs that I put on my wagon are very smooth. They are probably what you're looking for.
  3. V

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Do you think it was stressed during the swap? Or just old plastic? I was surprised it was that fitting. There's no force on it that I noticed.
  4. V

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I did some testing on a tune last night that turned into more than testing a tune. While running some logs on a tune, I went to park to switch engine codes. All of a sudden the coolant light starts beeping and blinking. Then steam out the hood. I shut it down and found this. I had my F.I.L...
  5. Coolant leak

Coolant leak

Broken upper rad hose fitting on 03 jw
  6. PXL_20220816_224725116.jpg

PXL_20220816_224725116.jpg

Broken fitting
  7. PXL_20220816_234346839.jpg

PXL_20220816_234346839.jpg

Temporary fix
  8. V

Is my ALH starting to run away?

I'm just going off of what respected members stated in threads on this forum in the past. My statement wasn't fully clear, But I still stand behind a turbo creating heat and less oil volume makes oil hotter quicker thus it would break down quicker. Small truck and Tractor trailer engines carry...
  9. V

Is my ALH starting to run away?

You shouldn't use anything but synthetic oil because of the turbo temps and a smaller volume of oil compared to a large truck. This has been well documented on this forum. Dino Oil will have negative effects on your turbo and engine over time. If you don't want to dump a bunch of $$ in the car...
  10. V

Glass cleaner recommendation?

I bought a squeegee after attempting 5 times to wash it off with various types of window cleaners. I dont like washing windows. I spray, then wipe with towel, the spray a little more, then squeegee. it gets all over the dash, so do the rest of detailing after.
  11. V

Glass cleaner recommendation?

03TDICommuter What do you mean by "outgasses"? what is causing this? My Golf gets really filmy on the inside after a month. The only thing that i found was to squeegee it really wet. otherwise it just smears.
  12. V

USLD 520 Nozzle Size

I don't think Sprints are ULSD rated, according to their website.
  13. V

03 Jetta Wheel Bearing issues: Parts or installer....

I have the HF bearing puller. Ive done 3 with it so far. Its holding up well. I put grease on the threads. They are showing no signs of stripping out. I use to press mine out but if you dont have the right blocking, you can deform the knuckle. I use impact to get the nut off. Then hand wrench...
  14. V

USLD 520 Nozzle Size

Thanks Nero
  15. V

Michigan and U.P. Tour

That's what I thought it was but when I searched Unimog, Mercedes badges were on them. this had a VW badge.
  16. V

USLD 520 Nozzle Size

I am trying to figure out what opening I have on my nozzle. The previous owner of my 03 JW purchased them from DBW in 2013. his notes say "ULSD 520 from Dribiwire". That all I got. Waiting to hear back from him. Is he still a member here? I couldn't find his user name. I am making the...
  17. V

Michigan and U.P. Tour

oilhammer It was definitely worth it. Id suggest exploring one area at a time. we spent 4 days in Houghton/Copper harbor area and didn't scratch the surface on what was there. we could have spent the whole trip there and i would have been happy. You live a lot closer so you could probably make...
  18. IMG_20220721_050557~2.jpg

IMG_20220721_050557~2.jpg

Big VW camper in Grand Marias
  19. V

Michigan and U.P. Tour

My wife and I and our 4 month old just wrapped up a 2 week, 2674 mile trip clockwise around lake Michigan. Our 03 Jetta Wagon outfitted with a roof rack and bag performed flawlessly. It was packed to the gills and it leveled the towing springs out nice. We average 41 MPGs on the nose with that...
  20. 2022 Road Trip

2022 Road Trip

Lake Michigan/Superior/UP Tour