Search results

1. CTD_Chevrolet

WTB: MK6.5/facelift tow hook cover/plug (Black)

Recently had my 2015 towed and I guess they decided to rip it off the retainer while installing the tow hook and yeeted it. Hoping someone might have one around they'd sell me cheap so I don't have to deal with getting one painted. I believe it's 5C6-807-241, but I don't have it to verify...
  2. CTD_Chevrolet

VCDS working under parallels on M1 macbook

The price and performance of the M1 macbook air finally got me to do what I thought I never would and buy an Apple machine. I did some preliminary research and figured this wouldn't work so I planned on buying another cheap x86 laptop for vcds and a couple other one-off applications, but for...
  3. CTD_Chevrolet

Is there a deadline on getting phase 2 done?

I bought my new-old-stock 2015 in 2017 new off the lot. I just took it in for unrelated work with 35,940 miles on the clock. The service dept told me I need to get phase 2 done before 36,000 in order to get the extended warranty. I'm 90% sure this isn't true, but I can't seem to squeeze a...
  4. CTD_Chevrolet

2015 Jetta on H&R Sport Springs and 18s [brief build thread]

I'm not trying to show off too much (but a little, it's pretty *****in right? :D), but I didn't find enough solid info when I decided I wanted to lower the car a little, not on cheap coilovers, so I wound up pulling the trigger and just doing it. I thought I'd document it for the next guy...
  5. CTD_Chevrolet

Exhaust tips

Has anyone gotten some slip on exhaust tips that look decent? I can't believe I'm considering slip ons, but I haven't touched a single bolt on anything emissions related and don't want to weld them on. I've got the car almost all black and the stock exhaust sticks out. Keeping it stock I need...
  6. CTD_Chevrolet

Alignment in Denver

Long story short I hit a pothole hard enough to bend a wheel but I can't find an honest shop with an alignment rack. Can someone recommend one? I need it done ASAP Thanks
  7. CTD_Chevrolet

Good replacement windshield?

The stock windshield on my 2015 must be made out of gummy bears, the pitting started to be noticeable at 10,000 miles and now at 25,000 I really need to replace it. Is there a specific manufacturer/supplier/shop that has better windshields than others? I would normally think factory is the...
  8. CTD_Chevrolet

Removing the grill

I have my retrofits sitting on the floor ready to be aligned, who knew the biggest struggle would be getting the old lights out. Obviously the simple solution is to pull the whole bumper skin, but I don't have the space/help to do it and won't for a little while. Has anyone here successfully...
  9. CTD_Chevrolet

Does anyone have a DPF back exhaust on a 2015?

We had a post not long ago about the options, is there anyone that has one? From everything I've read, the sound difference is negligible on the previous generation, and all the videos I can find of 2015s are of deletes. I'm willing to spend the money if it makes my bland DD (with forever...
  10. CTD_Chevrolet

SW Idaho

I don't know how many members there are in the Boise area, but I thought I'd say hi. I'm new to the area and don't have a lot of tools with me, but I do have a vin locked VCDS (hex v2) you can borrow if you chip in maybe $15 for the licence and don't steal it :D I'm busier than I was hoping to...
  11. CTD_Chevrolet

FS: 2002 Jetta 5 Speed 142,7XX Miles (SW Montana)

Short version: 2002 Jetta, 142,7xx miles, rough around the edges but fast fast fast $5,000 $4700 with cracked windshield $4500 with cracked windshield Long version: Well it’s time to sell my fun car. I purchased it around 2008 and it was my daily until last August when I bought my 2015. I’m...
  12. CTD_Chevrolet

Does anyone know the actual fuel tank capacity?

As far as I can tell, the published spec is 14.5 gallons, and the most I've put into my 2015 is 14.211. My records indicate I can be confident in getting 46 at the speed I usually drive if I'm gentle, but I need a little over 15.2 gallons to go 700 miles. I'm going on a couple long TDI trips...
  13. CTD_Chevrolet

P048C - clear it or take it in?

I just got this code in my 2015 at ~7,995 miles. Here's the full error: 9162 - Sensor for Exhaust Flap P048C 00 [232] - Implausible Signal MIL ON - Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00000001 Fault Priority: 2 Fault Frequency: 1 Mileage: 12840 km...
  14. CTD_Chevrolet

New 2015 Road Noise

On my ~700 mile drive back home with my new 2015 I noted how much road noise there is and chalked it up to being on rough highway. However, cruising around town the last couple days I still have to turn up the stereo to drown it out. It's the noise you notice when you switch from fresh paved...
  15. CTD_Chevrolet

Buying my first new car, what do I need? What to expect?

I'm flying out of state to pick up my 2015 on Saturday, and I've never bought a new car before. I haven't financed one before either. What I've done: Prequalified for the loan Called insurance agent, paid, and got a temp card for the new car I got the 0% 72 month financing through VW credit...
  16. CTD_Chevrolet

My ALH has been sitting for ~18 months, what should I do this weekend?

I can't remember when exactly it went out of commission, but it's been quite a bit. I did drive it tonight, and of course wasn't running well. I have a new fuel filter for it. It's got just under a quarter tank, and my first idea is to top it off, change the fuel filter, put some detergent in...
  17. CTD_Chevrolet

Installing transmission by myself

Hey everyone, I've found myself in a predicament that requires my transmission to be back in my car tomorrow, and I'll have no help. I have a chest full of tools, a jack, jackstands, a smooth floor, and all the hardware. I can rent a transmission jack if it will make it a lot easier. I've only...
  18. CTD_Chevrolet

ALH 5 speed bellhousing dust cover

When I originally build up my car, I forgot to put the dust cover back on and have lost it since then. I have a new trans and clutch going in soon, does anyone have one of the tin dust covers laying around? Thanks
  19. CTD_Chevrolet

Cig lighter short, now CEL, TPMS, and pass airbag

Hey guys, My mom just flew down to San Diego today to pick up a used 2012 A3 TDI. She plugged in her phone charger, and TPMS warning went on. Shortly thereafter, CEL and passenger airbag lights went on. After stopping, she noticed a penny in the cigarette lighter socket. Obviously she's...
  20. CTD_Chevrolet

02 ALH Dyno Run

I've been working on this car for almost a year now with the help of TDIClub, so I thought I'd post what it's come to. If this is the wrong forum I apologize, 12 hours later and the video still makes me shake thinking about the tires spinning between 120 and 125 mph while worring about torque...