Search results

1. W

FS: 99.5 Jetta TDI GL 165,000 miles $3500/OBO

As promised in my other thread, here is a real For Sale posting. We bought this car brand new in Dec 98 and it has served us very well over the years but it's time to move on to a bigger vehicle. It's Atlantic Blue with the grey interior. It currently has good studded winter tires. I have...
  2. W

Advice: 1999.5 Jetta TDI GL - 165K miles

Hi, We're about to trade this car in and the dealer, who hasn't seen it yet, offered $1000 subject to inspection. Blue book is probably around $1300. I hate selling cars and don't mind losing a little money to avoid the hassle but I'm afraid I might be leaving $1000+ on the table and I...
  3. W

1999.5 Jetta TDI GL -

Please delete This got posted with only the salutation. I cannot figure out how to completely delete it, but hopefully the new subject line will keep people from wasting time reading the post itself.
  4. W

MAF data

Hi danix, Just this morning I posted some numbers before and after cleaning. 575 mg/R before - akin to my 83 Rabbit TD 725 mg/R after - noticeable better, but not great My Dad's practically new MAF was well over 1000 mg/R. My other post
  5. W

Cleaned my MAF - decent results.

Hi everyone, Last night I finally got around to cleaning the MAF sensor in our 1999.5 Jetta (47K miles). Power has been miserable for more than a month now. Unfortunately the appropriate Torx bit seems to have disappeared from my toolbox so I had to leave the sensor in the airway housing...
  6. W

MAF covered 7yr/70K in CA, MA, VT?

Hi, I appear to have the MAF problem - complete lack of power. I've verified low mg/H readings in display group 10 using my VAG-COM tool. At full throttle in 3rd gear at 3000 RPM the best I could get was 635mg/H. Usually it was lower. I'm told Bentley says to replace the MAF if the reading...
  7. W

Part number for flasher relay?

Hi, My wife has been complaining of occasional trouble with the turn signals and hazard lights on our 1999 Jetta TDI. The symptom is that the dash indicator illuminates constantly (i.e. doesn't flash). I'm not sure if the exterior lights come on or not since this behavior refuses to manifest...
  8. W

Location of diagnostic port on A4 Jetta

Hi, I ordered the VAG-COM interface-adapter. I think it's coming today and I'm anxious to find out why the Check Engine light (MIL) has come on in my car. Can anyone describe where the port is for me? Since it's my first post... We have a 1999.5 Atlantic Blue Jetta with 32,000 miles on it...