Search results

1. N

Amount in offer letter doesn't match buyback calculation

Yup, that's what I did. The language is very confusing, so why the two different columns then? Thanks for the clarification! When I back off the emissions amount from the number in the first column he numbers are much closer!
  2. N

Amount in offer letter doesn't match buyback calculation

My apologies if this has been gone over before, but here goes. My buyback appt is this thursday, and VW sent me a reminder email. In the reminder email they stated after loan payoff I would be receiving a total of $11,955.02. So putting back in the amount they think my loan payoff is...
  3. N

Two Month Club

Mid November for me (I think I was around 13th somewhere). Sent an email to counsel 2 days ago, one of them just got back to me, stated I needed to provide a claim number, which I did, hope to hear back from them soon. I will need to stop driving it soon as the tires are bald and inspection is...
  4. N

TURBO: 2012-2014 Passat turbo failures [discussion thread]

Last Friday at work I got in my car to go to lunch and I got a warning for low coolant. After tearing it apart in my neighbors garage Saturday morning found the water pump is shot at 74k! It leaked all over the timing belt so I guess 130k for a TB change is a little optimistic. I am hoping they...
  5. N

NMS/B7 - Passat '12+ FAQ & Maintenance HOW-TO

Also looking for a timing belt replacement procedure. My water pump just started leaking coolant all over the timing belt area. Only 74k on it.
  6. N

I am in your camp for sure, it's the DPF and it's associated regen that are killing turbo's not excessive boost at low operating temperatures. My old Jetta, which I gave to my friend when I bought my Passat, currently has over 360,000 miles on it. As far as I know the ECU wasn't programmed to...
  7. N

VWoA and Federal Emmissions Warranty (8yr/80,000)

Just a quick update, I have found the proper person to talk to at the EPA. The guy also is in on the lawsuit just recently posted about. I have sent him the information I have so far and am waiting to hear back from him.
  8. N

If this was 1998 I would have agreed with you that there is only 1 ECM in a car. In the present day however, many of the cars (including VW's) use a distributed architecture. That was the primary reason for going to a CAN bus architecture, so you could have multiple controllers working in...
  9. N

I don't understand your second line, can you clarify? The NOx sensor is not sold separately from it's electronic controller. My guess is they are a matched pair and are calibrated together at the factory? I already checked your website and don't have it :( BTW - I used to buy parts from the...
  10. N

So my passat is just under 3 years old, with just shy of 70k on the odo. A couple weeks ago I got a CEL, since I always have my tablet running torque to monitor regens, a few minutes after the light came on I see I have 2 codes, one for the NOx sensor, and the other for the heater circuit. The...
  11. N

I know in the US I had to call the US customer service, I was unsuccessful with the tow bill but did get them to cover 2 glow plugs that were damaged in turbo explosion. Perhaps the canadian version will be more likely to cover this now with all the bad press lately!
  12. N

Scan Gauge II XGauge - EGT & Boost

Great info to know! I was wondering why when I use my VCDS the readings are always the same! Now I know they aren't an actual percentage reading, just the 3 warning levels!
  13. N

Is my fuse box cover broken after recall?

Cover? I just pulled the trim panel off to look at the fuse box today and there was no cover at all (i.e. pull the trim panel and you are looking at all the fuses)! Is there supposed to be one? And does it include a listing of what the fuses are?
  14. N

I'm not sure I see how increasing the power (and presumably the boost) would increase the longevity of the turbo. or are you talking about yanking the DPF out and having the tuner remove the regen cycles? If so that may be a route I would consider too. I think the regen cycle is the cause of...
  15. N

Malone and rawtech? Can you explain more?
  16. N

After my turbo failed, I left the dealer and didn't get 2.5 miles before the CEL came on. I turned around and brought it back in. They read the codes and said it was the glow plug on #2 that bad. What they didn't tell me at the time was the code was actually for low cylinder pressure and that...
  17. N

Some observations I've had using torque since my turbo exploded: When it is really cold, the computer uses double the amount of fuel at idle. Supposedly there will be a TSB for a reflash of the ECU to limit the amount of fuel on cold startup. When driving at road speed and you lift off the...
  18. N

According to my Bluetooth adapter and Torque (on my android phone) I typically see peaks on the EGT of about 1100 F when not in regen, but have seen it go into the low 1300's during a regen!, cruising is something around 600 to 700. Idling EGT's somewhere between 360 and 400 depending on...
  19. N

No, the DPF/CAT was replaced (as it's one unit) but nothing after that. I did notice that the first regen after I picked it back up had oil fumes coming out the tailpipe, it is also stained with burnt oil, but before the tailpipe still was nice and shiny. The intercooler and 2 glow plugs were...
  20. N

No, I didn't know about that. I need to research it. I asked Ross-Tech about where the procedure is and they couldn't help me. If you have a link you can send me I would appreciate it. Resetting the Service reminder is the immediate need. but also being able to calculate how much DEF is...