Search results

1. P

2003 Golf 504k KM Golden, BC

I thought I would put this out there if anyone is interested before I post in classifieds. I am located in Golden, BC and can obtain pics tomorrow when my wife is home from work with the car. 2003 VW Golf GLS TDI reflex silver (diesel), 5 spd, 4 dr., original owner (we own 2 of them), 504k km...
  2. P

2003 TDI 504k KM Golden, BC

I thought I would put this out there if anyone is interested before I post in classifieds. I am located in Golden, BC and can obtain pics tomorrow when my wife is home from work with the car. 2003 VW Golf GLS TDI reflex silver (diesel), 5 spd, 4 dr., original owner (we own 2 of them), 504k km...
  3. P

Rotten Rockers

In addition, my other 03 (owned for 12 years now) with 200 000km does not have any rust problems, anywhere. Cars are both from the same area and were treated the same (i.e. washing and waxing intervals). The only difference is the high mileage one was driven on the highway while the other stays...
  4. P

Rotten Rockers

I know there are countless threads on this problem. However no one has mentioned if it is fine to drive the car with rusted rockers? My 03 Golf has them completely rotten out on both sides, read they are gone. The car is my daily driver approaching 500 000km. It has seen better days, like...
  5. P

Dripping water and rust at front fender/rocker panel intersection: causes/fixes?

Reviving old thread here. My 03 Golf is just shy of 500 000km and the rocker panels have completely rotted away (i.e. there is no rocker panel anymore). Is this safe? It is my super reliable daily driver but I'm not really willing to put any money into this car for aesthetic purposes only. Cheers.
  6. P

How to use my frostheater??

Leave that sucker plugged in all night! Vents on defrost and turn to heat and you shouldn't have to scrape either. Looking at the rainforest eagle (electricity monitoring device) attached to my smart meter the data shows it cycles on an off throughout the night being off much more than on, once...
  7. P

door light on

It is most likely the latch module in one of the doors or hatch. The car thinks one door is still open and therefore will not beep (or sometimes lock). Does the courtesy light in the door work when the door is open? This is a good way to tell which door is faulty although you state all lights...
  8. P

Are there some people from Alberta on this forum :)

I can give you the name of a guy in Golden, but that's 2.5 hours out of your way….
  9. P

do all parking brakes on a4 suck?

I was rolling 60 000km/year which may have been why they have been replaced 3 times in the cars life. I use the PB every time I park What do they use on the roads there? Here they start the season in mid Oct with slat brine, switch to gravel/salt until mid Mar when they bring out the salt...
  10. P

Which E-codes?

They always assume high beams with the e-code fogs. Just flash your brights, that will answer their query. I have been rolling Hella's since 2004 on one of our TDI's and they are awesome. I have never seen HID to compare it to, so my only reference is the stock headlights that came on the...
  11. P

intercooler removel how to

I removed mine with the front bumper off (a job that takes 5 minutes) and the washer fluid tank in place. Drill a hole in the lowest part of the IC and plug with a screw and rubber washer so you can drain the oil out of it on a regular basis.
  12. P

where to get new headlights? whats the best of the best?

Check with your insurance too, sometimes it is voided if you have offroad use products on the vehicle or products which don't meet Canadian safety standards. Most people find this out after an accident.
  13. P

Just replace the stalk, super easy, about a half hour job. Might as well replace the other (wiper) stalk while you're in there. The part that takes the longest is activating the clips to disengage the air bag from the steering wheel. Once you figure those clips out, the next time is super...
  14. P

do all parking brakes on a4 suck?

Mine need replacement every couple of years (cables) due to sticking and corrosion. I don't think VW adequately engineered this system for climates that see snow 6 months a year.
  15. P

TDI USA Fix More Complicated

Run some power service for lubricity and boost cetane #'s…..
  16. P

I have two 03 golf's and my "newer" one is experiencing this issue. My "old" car did it at 323 000km and I found a used transmission at a wrecker with 150k km. I've put 150k km on that used one and no issues thus far. Beer and a spare hand is what I paid my mechanic to do it. 480k km and still...
  17. P

Headlight take off for timing belt replace?

On an MKIV removing the front bumper and headlights can help with a number of tasks. Once you get the procedure dialled, it's like removing a door card, 5 minutes and you're done!
  18. P

Messy egr

This happened on both my 03 tdi's, oil leaking out the hole. Replaced the egr on both and has never happened again.
  19. P

Dealer told me not to get a tdi.

I have an 03 TDI that is 12 years old and hasn't reached 160 000km. On my other 03 the clock is at 480 000km. Both seem to be doing just fine. Car salesman are like real estate agents, they often don't know what they're talking about.
  20. P

99.5 Golf side view mirror

If you need a new mirror ECS tuning sells replacements for cheap. My original driver side mirror just corroded and was left dangling by the electrical. Upon removing the mirror I found more than a cup of salt in behind EACH mirror housing where it attaches to the car. Removing the door card...