Search results

1. dieselfueler

Little Rock newbie needs help

Can anyone one in the LR area be able to help out this lost soul? or recommend a shop to get thier car looked at? http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=3555813#post3555813
  2. dieselfueler

1/3 of a million miles on a BEW

For those of you keeping score at home I just past another milestone with my 04 pd wagon. As of tonite i have 333,753 miles on my car still running the OE cam and lifters. Few of the things that got replaced after 250,000 miles were the OE brakes at 295,000 could have gone 300k, ball joints &...
  3. dieselfueler

ETKA part# '09 MAP sensor

Can someone help a young brother out? need the part # for a MAP sensor for a '09 common rail It's located on the boost pipe that comes up the front of the motor and goes into the intake manifold. Deal VW's (Asheville, NC) parts dept. counter agent (Ronnie) refused to even lookup the part without...
  4. dieselfueler

SouthEast member needs help in CO

DanG144 (Dan Goldston) and brother are broken down in Aurora and need some help can one of the CO crew send me Steve Carroll's phone # Thank in advance Robbie (dieselfueler)
  5. dieselfueler

260,000 mile '04 PD cam

Ok first i don't have pictures but I do have 2 other folks other than myself who inspected the cam. Was there wear, yep (a few scuffs and fine lines on the lobes) but I don't think that there were any signs of imminent failure or excessive wear. Oddly enough the exhaust lobes looked better than...
  6. dieselfueler

1/4 million miles

I just turned 250,000 miles on our '04 wagon and thought I would share a few thoughts. This has been and still is a great little car from the day we got it we did a 200 mile daily commute from 2.5 years (Charlotte,NC to Columbia SC). The things other than normal wear item (2 TBs, 4 sets of...
  7. dieselfueler

Looking for Glycerin in Columbia, SC area

Will gladly pickup your excess glycerin around the columbia, sc area.
  8. dieselfueler

Hybrids, meet your rival it gets 376.59 mpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/351903_needle20.html "Don't choke on your organic soy-double-decaf-fair-trade-carbon-neutral macchiato, but how does 376.59 miles per gallon sound? Makes your Honda Civic hybrid look Hummeresque, doesn't it? That number doesn't come from some manta...
  9. dieselfueler

VW Transporter Sportline TDI

A few highlights: 0-62mph in 12.2 seconds and a top speed of 117mph 56mph the van is said to consume one gallon of diesel every 43.5 miles five-cylinder turbodiesel 174bhp and 295lb/ft of torque six-speed http://cars.uk.msn.com/Research/article.aspx?cp-documentid=7428763
  10. dieselfueler

Lurker finally bites bullet

Just bought a '04 Shadow Blue Wagon 5-speed manual tonight. The wife's 200 mile daily commute was a bit much in the Land Rover Discovery. I am pleasantly surprised in the additional power of the PD. Yes I accidently lit up the tires in 1st gear. I've lurked on the board for a couple of years and...