Search results

1. ducatipaso

FS: set of 4 nice condition Avus wheels 5x100 for mk4 in Norcal - pickup only

tires are trash. a set of cheap chinese centercaps as well as a few misc OEM caps without the emblems. norcal pickup only. make me an offer. I want this out of my garage. since the moderators are so strict, it's $100 for the set plus one hour of your time at a bar over a beer so we can chat.
  2. ducatipaso

black late model Passat TDI at Tomas Sport Tuning - tdiclub plate frame

ok, who was it? I neglected to take a picture of our cars side by side
  3. ducatipaso

getting a tour of Chevron in Richmond today

no cameras allowed. a one hour bus tour, includes lunch. I'll let you guys know what it's like!
  4. ducatipaso

silver MK4 Jetta TDI lowered with a full GLI kit

spotted today on westbound 50 between hazel and sunrise. nice lookin car, you didn't even give me a glance.
  5. ducatipaso

feeler: bay area dyno day, any takers?

I'm preparing to dyno my 2002 before I get the Burpod Tune (and after, too). Another user mentioned to me that it might be worth getting a quote to use the dyno for the day or a half day if there's enough folks interested. If you're interested, reply! Let's see if we can get enough folks...
  6. ducatipaso

oops! I did it again - back in the TDI game

short story: when I bought my 2001 new, a friend of mine in 2002 asked me what he should buy and he really liked my Golf, so he went out and bought a loaded 2002 Jetta TDI 5-speed, leather, winter package, the works. I made him promise that I'd get first shot at the car when he was done with it...
  7. ducatipaso

ducatipaso :: the pile of parts :: FRANKENDIESEL

latest photos latest info 1999.5 MK4 Golf GL TDI - 134K hard miles. Built from a total at 100K. Somekinda red respray, black sport cloth. Manual everything. Frank's TDI rebuilt head + complete front engine rebuild VNT15/17 hybrid turbo, gutted cat, Kerma PP520 injectors VW Borbet...
  8. ducatipaso

ducatipaso's sub $100 suspension upgrade

so, I've been secretly stashing away parts from various sources. my plan was to make the biggest bang-for-the-minimal-buck improvement in my car's handling. you see, frankendiesel is a tired, 135,000 mile golf gl that's been totalled and resurrected from the dead... and frank's suspension was...
  9. ducatipaso

FS: used OEM VR6 GTI springs (set)

make me an offer + actual shipping. I prefer to work via email: mroten at gmail dot com
  10. ducatipaso

WTB: engine bay plastics

i need the left and right splash guards and a belly pan for a MK4 with manual transmission. prefer PNW pickup. cheap. thanks.
  11. ducatipaso

preparing for a frontend rebuild

let's talk. I have in hand so far: - 2 new control arms with polyeurethane inserts - 20AE GTI (OEM Sport) springs are in the mail I will purchase: - bilstein touring struts and shocks for all 4 corners I want to make up a list of everything I can to do a high-quality front end rebuild...
  12. ducatipaso

i hate working on seat mechanisms

that will be all. :mad:
  13. ducatipaso

woot woot slightly less crappy headlights!

so those of you that have seen 'frankendiesel' know that the stock headlights had been wiped down with thinner or something in the past and the lenses were destroyed. the innards were loose on one unit, they had horribly blue rice-racer bulbs installed, the whole thing was just bad. a friend...
  14. ducatipaso

interior temperature control nonfunctional

so the knob in my HVAC control module works fine. the cable moves back and forth, rotating the valve/flap in the heater box as it should, however, the valve in the heater box appears to be slopping around in the boss in the box so I think it's not operating as it should. has anyone removed the...
  15. ducatipaso

hey - remember me?

I used to drive this TDI but sold it a couple of years ago. well, something's been afoot... :D
  16. ducatipaso

it's been real, but it's time to move on... lots o pics

after 4.75 years of building my dream OEM+ TDI Golf, it is time to bid the VW community at large adieu. I have sold the Golf and moved to an A4 Avant. The need for more space and AWD has sent me to the big brother of VW. For kicks, a little pictorial history of the evolution of the TDI. Enjoy...
  17. ducatipaso

ducatipaso :: the tdi is for sale (2001 Golf GLS)

this car is for sale. entertaining offers around $12,000 please contact via email mroten at gmail dot com 2001 Golf GLS TDI - reflex silver exterior, black interior 4-door with all options but winter package (no heated seats or windshield washers) car has 80,000 miles as of 1/5/2006 100%...
  18. ducatipaso

Oregon annual inspection - questions

I am preparing to move to the Portland area, and would like to know what to expect with the annual inspection. I noticed that diesel passenger cars need to be inspected. In California, TDIs are totally exempt. What's going to happen when I pull into an inspection station? My car is not stock...
  19. ducatipaso

the fast and the furious

My friend Howard (atomicsushi) and I decided to make a run to Baton Rouge, Lousiana to drop off supplies to his mom, who is housing 25 displaced family members from hurricane Katrina. Basically it went down like this: · 6AM leave from sacramento, drive to phoenix and have hooters for dinner ·...
  20. ducatipaso

good thing we get good economy

spotted in the sacramento area